early Kershaw display knives

Kershaw began its foray into the knife business sometime during 1974. The company was originally based in Portland Oregon, but most early knives were manufactured in Japan. The first US manufacturing plant was opened in 1997 & the company currently offers knives made in the U.S., Japan, & China. Pete Kershaw (an ex Gerber salesman) started the business.
johnnierotten

early Kershaw display knives

Post by johnnierotten »

My local pawn shop has 4 early Portland Kershaw display fixed blade knives...Two of them are on wooden bases with plastic covers.One with a Buffalos head and the other with a Bucks head and antlers.The other 2 are in presentation boxes,one with an Eagle the other with a rams horn. All of the heads appear to be made of brass....I have never seen these kinda Kershaw's before,does anyone know what the value might be?...sorry,I didn't get any pics.
Any help will be very much appreciated. ::tu::
johnnierotten

So far,So good...So What!!
knife7knut

Re: early Kershaw display knives

Post by knife7knut »

I don't know what their current value is but their issue price was around $150 if I recall correctly.I believe they were designed by Jim Pugh of Azle TX;he did a lot of custom knives with animal head pommels and blades cut out with animals in the opening.
I have the Eagle and the Ram and also another that is similar to a German bayonet(couldn't find the pic of that one).Sorry for the lousy pictures.I saw the Ram on e-Bay awhile back and I think it sold for around $200.
Attachments
DrawertopKershawEagle.jpg
DrawertopKershawEagle.jpg (8.86 KiB) Viewed 2149 times
KershawRam.JPG
KershawRam.JPG (18.66 KiB) Viewed 2149 times
Adventure BEFORE Dementia!
johnnierotten

Post by johnnierotten »

Yep....thats 2 of them.Thank you very much for the info!! ::tu::
The pawn shop has to hold them for 21 days before they become available....I made him an offer already for all four...I got my fingers and toes crossed!! :lol:
johnnierotten

justold52

Post by justold52 »

Super find Johnnie.

I will keep my eyes crossed for you... ::tu::
A sign In a Chinese Pet Store: 'Buy one dog, get one flea.'
BIGHEAD

Post by BIGHEAD »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
johnnierotten

Post by johnnierotten »

The shop called me today and rejected my offer. ::dang:: ... Yeah there wanting $200 each... Maybe he read this thread. :o... There just not worth that to me.
johnnierotten

Return to “Kershaw Knife Forum”