KNIFE FINDS OF THE DAY

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
bighomer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: KNIFE FINDS OF THE DAY

Post by bighomer »

You fellers are finding some fine knives. ::tu:: ::handshake::
TripleF
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by TripleF »

Did purty well at Webster Flea Market today....
Attachments
20240527_120710.jpg
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)
https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/catalog/triplef
Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
ThatWeirdKnifeGuy
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by ThatWeirdKnifeGuy »

TripleF wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 4:17 pm Did purty well at Webster Flea Market today....
That's quite the haul there buddy!

If I might ask, what brand is the rigging knife with the marlin spike on it? I've been considering a similar looking one on the bay, but the seller won't respond to questions about it ::huff::

and that little wood lockback is pretty cool. I've been into the little lockbacks lately. What brand is that one?
::nod:: https://newlifeknives.etsy.com ::nod::

That's my Etsy store where I sell old knives and sometimes handmade knife accessories to support my knife habbit. Thanks for looking my friend. ::tu::
TripleF
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by TripleF »

ThatWeirdKnifeGuy wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 5:23 pm
TripleF wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 4:17 pm Did purty well at Webster Flea Market today....
That's quite the haul there buddy!

If I might ask, what brand is the rigging knife with the marlin spike on it? I've been considering a similar looking one on the bay, but the seller won't respond to questions about it ::huff::

and that little wood lockback is pretty cool. I've been into the little lockbacks lately. What brand is that one?
Thanks!!
Ka-Bar riggers knife and a Parker....I'll send you a PM when I get done taking photos.
SCOTT
ThatWeirdKnifeGuy
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by ThatWeirdKnifeGuy »

My finds from my favorite store in town.
The yellow is solid bolster no brand, white tipped bolster is a camco, the other two are Colonial. The corkscrew knife i picked up because it says fine cut made in usa. The western i assume is a bird and trout of some kind or another. The second picture is how i found it. Wrapped in electrical tape and in a banged up nylon sheath patched with neon green zip ties ::tear::
Attachments
20240527_122715.jpg
20240524_204321.jpg
::nod:: https://newlifeknives.etsy.com ::nod::

That's my Etsy store where I sell old knives and sometimes handmade knife accessories to support my knife habbit. Thanks for looking my friend. ::tu::
knifegnome
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by knifegnome »

Some knives I have picked up over the last month or two.All will be in my Knifegnome store.
Attachments
P5253225.JPG
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

knifegnome wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 9:26 pm Some knives I have picked up over the last month or two.All will be in my Knifegnome store.
Is that 3rd one down a 10th mountain?
toomanyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by toomanyknives »

Ridgegrass wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 11:10 pm Pocomoke City, MD, c.1920 Mayer, N.Y. German import, MOP and Abalone shell, Gent's and, an IXL, 6 blade, genuine tortoise multi.. And an Abalone Robeson Gent's, pattern #722585, Good day! J.O'.
Some old beauties there, J.O.! ::tu::
toomanyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by toomanyknives »

Some nice scores there everyone! A few gems in those finds!
rdnzl

Post by rdnzl »

IMG_1149 2.jpeg
Rockingkj
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Rockingkj »

Found Jean Case Cut Co Little Valley NY knife. Woodcraft pattern blade. Went to a black powder rendezvous over the weekend. Thru the years have found some good knives in such venues.
IMG_7201.jpeg
IMG_7200.jpeg
You can always get more money, good old knives are hard to find.

Nature abhors a vacuum, me I hate a dull knife.
knifegnome
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by knifegnome »

doglegg wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 10:23 pm
knifegnome wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 9:26 pm Some knives I have picked up over the last month or two.All will be in my Knifegnome store.
Yes , It has a large can opener.
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

knifegnome wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 1:14 am
doglegg wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 10:23 pm
Yes , It has a large can opener.
WOW!!! Congrats!!!
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

knife7knut wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 6:37 am
Madmarco wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 5:41 am
knife7knut wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 12:08 am Two 4 fifteen. Camillus no.7 and a Kershaw 2050.
I've never seen anything like your first knife, Rey, what does the "switch" do, press down on the liner to release it perhaps? ::shrug:: Thx!
8)
The knife is one of a series of white handled knives made for the BOY SCOUTS. The switch is to lock the blade in the open position.
Ah ha, very interesting and way cool too, thanks!
8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

bestgear wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 12:13 pm
Madmarco wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 5:41 amI've never seen anything like your first knife
Mark - It’s a 4.75" 1-Blade Camillus Folding "Adventurer, The rawhide thong is genuine and the knife originally came with a black leather belt case in an early version of clamshell packaging. BSA#1372, c1980-1983.
Thanks, Tom, I found it fascinating but didn't know anything about it having not seen one prior to that one.
My accumulation has a number of, I'll say "odd" for lack of a better term, models from around the world, and whenever I see one I haven't seen before it peaks my curiosity, especially if I don't know anything about the part of it I found odd in the first place, just like Rey's did. On my first look a wall mounted light switch came to mind, followed by "what's a light switch doing in the handle of a folding knife?" At that point I HAD to know! lol!
Rey supplied some info also.
BTW, in one of Rey's posts he or somebody typed his name as "Rey", yet everyone but me calls him, "Ray", would you kindly tell me which is correct? ::shrug:: He nor anyone else has ever corrected me yet everybody still calls him "Ray". ::hmm:: Thx!
8)
8)
knife7knut

Post by knife7knut »

Madmarco wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 3:49 am
bestgear wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 12:13 pm
Madmarco wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 5:41 amI've never seen anything like your first knife
Mark - It’s a 4.75" 1-Blade Camillus Folding "Adventurer, The rawhide thong is genuine and the knife originally came with a black leather belt case in an early version of clamshell packaging. BSA#1372, c1980-1983.
Thanks, Tom, I found it fascinating but didn't know anything about it having not seen one prior to that one.
My accumulation has a number of, I'll say "odd" for lack of a better term, models from around the world, and whenever I see one I haven't seen before it peaks my curiosity, especially if I don't know anything about the part of it I found odd in the first place, just like Rey's did. On my first look a wall mounted light switch came to mind, followed by "what's a light switch doing in the handle of a folding knife?" At that point I HAD to know! lol!
BTW, in one of Rey's posts he or somebody typed his name as "Rey", yet everyone but me calls him, "Ray", would you kindly tell me which is correct? ::shrug:: He nor anyone else has ever corrected me yet everybody still calls him "Ray". ::hmm:: Thx!
8)
Mark: to clarify; although my given name is Ray, l had to open a new fb account and could not use the original spelling for some reason. I use the name rey and it works well as l have a fb page called, REY ZHOREJ KNIVES. Just a play on words.
Adventure BEFORE Dementia!
knife7knut

Post by knife7knut »

Today's stuff: an Explorer 11-342 lockback, a Fairmount cutlery with cel handles that have abalone &' pearl chips embedded. Last is a equal end pen that has a baseball & bat shield that looks like imitation tortoise shell. The first letter of the stamp is obliterated the rest reads:' -ELLMAN BROS. MINNEAPOLIS JAPAN in 3 lines.
Attachments
IMG_20240601_173820.jpeg
IMG_20240601_173841.jpeg
IMG_20240601_173856.jpeg
Adventure BEFORE Dementia!
toomanyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by toomanyknives »

knife7knut wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2024 10:34 pm Today's stuff: an Explorer 11-342 lockback, a Fairmount cutlery with cel handles that have abalone &' pearl chips embedded. Last is a equal end pen that has a baseball & bat shield that looks like imitation tortoise shell. The first letter of the stamp is obliterated the rest reads:' -ELLMAN BROS. MINNEAPOLIS JAPAN in 3 lines.
Nice K7K! That Explorer looks STOUT!
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

knife7knut wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2024 10:15 pm
Madmarco wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 3:49 am
bestgear wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 12:13 pm Mark - It’s a 4.75" 1-Blade Camillus Folding "Adventurer, The rawhide thong is genuine and the knife originally came with a black leather belt case in an early version of clamshell packaging. BSA#1372, c1980-1983.
8)
Mark: to clarify; although my given name is Ray, l had to open a new fb account and could not use the original spelling for some reason. I use the name rey and it works well as l have a fb page called, REY ZHOREJ KNIVES. Just a play on words.
Ahh ha!
We were both right!
I was certain I'd seen "Rey" somewhere and it was making me crazy, thank you so much for the clarification, and RAY it is!

I had a similar problem with F/B when I tried to join. I'd made a mistake I noticed AFTER I'd submitted my application, so I back tracked to fix it, at which point it totally confused the powers that be at F/B and they said there's already an account with that information. I spent hours trying to clear things up but never did. One would think that a company worth billions could figure out something as little as typing mistakes, but apparently not. I've come to realize that whole deal was likely a blessing though, since I barely have time for our forum let alone spending time on F/B!

Thanks a bunch for clearing that up for me, RAY, you've put my troubled mind at ease! ::handshake::
8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

knife7knut wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2024 10:34 pm Today's stuff: an Explorer 11-342 lockback, a Fairmount cutlery with cel handles that have abalone &' pearl chips embedded. Last is a equal end pen that has a baseball & bat shield that looks like imitation tortoise shell. The first letter of the stamp is obliterated the rest reads:' -ELLMAN BROS. MINNEAPOLIS JAPAN in 3 lines.
I love your Explorer, Ray, everything about it is so BIG n' FAT, and shinny of course! ::tu::
8)
8)
TripleF
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by TripleF »

Just these 2 today....
Attachments
IMG_3259.JPG
SCOTT
Rockingkj
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Rockingkj »

What is the knife in the center just below the boxed MAC knife? Looks like stag handle.

TripleF
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by TripleF »

Rockingkj wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2024 7:20 pm
What is the knife in the center just below the boxed MAC knife? Looks like stag handle.
MARBLES Safety Knife
SCOTT
Rockingkj
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Rockingkj »

Super find!

1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Rockingkj wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 11:53 pm Found Jean Case Cut Co Little Valley NY knife. Woodcraft pattern blade. Went to a black powder rendezvous over the weekend. Thru the years have found some good knives in such venues. IMG_7201.jpegIMG_7200.jpeg
Very cool old Case history there. 😎 👍
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter

Return to “General Knife Discussion”