First Cup Diner!

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Re: First Cup Diner!

Post by djknife13 »

Good morning. The kids just left with their daughter and 4 grand kids for Disney Land going across country for a distance about the same as the Grizwald's trip. I pray that's where the resemblance stops. It will be a quiet several days around here and I'm kind of looking forward to that.i haven't planned anything for the day's activities. Have a great weekend.____Dave
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Good Mornin', Fellers.
Looks like we're in for a rainy day or at least a rainy morning. The radar shows us to be on the very east edge of a big rain that goes all the way back to Pensacola and of course north all the way up into Canada and it is heading east. 70 degrees with a light sprinkle and a streak of light in the east. Heard a little bit of thunder just now.
Our schoolteacher daughter is moving back to Panama City, she's found a house she can afford to rent. Our son is supposed to be bringing our youngest grandson over from Thomasville to attend Vacation Bible School this coming week. That ought to keep us on our toes.
Coffee is ready, Miss Joy just made the announcement. ::tu::
Hope everyone has an enjoyable day.
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
royal0014
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by royal0014 »

Mornin' Y'all

Yep, getting rain from the same system Phil is. An in-between lull at the moment.
Need to work on finding clothes and start packing for our cruise in two weeks. Looking forward to the adventure,
I suppose, but totally dreading the logistics it will entail !
:|
Chris
i woke last night to the sound of thunder
how far off i sat and wondered
started humming a song from nineteen sixty two
aint it funny how the night moves
bighomer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by bighomer »

Morning folks, 64 in French lick indiana heading to 67 for the high, rain just to the west heading our way. Ole sol is peeking through at this time.
Wampus and the critters are on their own.
Hotel breakfast for me, they had a waffle maker and peanut butter and honey so all is good, coffee kinda sucks but we'll just put on our big boy britches and suffer through.
Had a fine supper at a German restaurant last evening, don't know what we'll do today guess it will depend on the weather.
Hope yawl have a good'un and be careful out there. ::handshake::
royal0014
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by royal0014 »

Mornin' Y'all

I'll get the pot on and the griddle warmin'. Reckon the regulars will straggle in soon.
Probably a trip to Wally world later today, and hopefully we'll get to see the grands ... been over a month!
Chris
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ripster »

Good morning Chris
Good morning to the rest of you knifers .
Beautiful day brewing here in the Chippewa Valley. Heading to Couderay in the next hour or so. Hoping to stay at the cabin all week . Talked to nephew Nick and he said the Bass are hungry ! Either way am ready to get away and hide out .
Wherever you are hope you can enjoy some part of your day.
JP
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Good Mornin'
68 degrees with sunshine so far. ::paranoid:: Yesterday it rained till noon, got 1.0" in the gauge. Temperature only got to the mid 70s but was humid.
Church in a few hours and tonight starts the Vacation Bible School for our church, that will go through Thursday night. Our youngest grandson wont be able to make it as we had hoped. :(
Got the coffee going and it won't be too long a wait for the 1st cup.
JP, when I read your post this morning, the name Chippewa rang a bell I hadn't thought of for a long, long time. When I was a just a young feller, just off active duty, I went to work for a land surveying company. The party chief I started working for wore Chippewa brogans (6" high top leather work shoes). He bragged on them so much I had to get a pair. We ordered from a catalog, $6.00 a pair.
Y'all have a good Sunday, attend worship so where if you're able.
Treefarmer

djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Good morning. Beautiful day ahead for us with rain coming in tonight. Last night our local large bear was wandering around the neighborhood. My dogs went crazy wanting to get out to chase him but we didn't want them tangling with him. At least this time he didn't come up to our back door and poke his nose against the glass looking for a handout. My baby brother became a great grandfather yesterday, which is old hat for Jane and I with our 7 and one more on the way. We have two grad parties to attend today after church. Have a great Sunday.____Dave
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

Good Morning Everyone!
Have a blessed day and be a blessing to someone.... :D
David L Roberts, United States Navy Retired
Please visit my website: Woodburning Art by David at

https://www.wdbydavid.com/
Boji
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Boji »

Looks like rain is the name of the weather game today. Not what I hoped for. I have flower plants that I need to get into actual planters. The days I work have been nice and sunny, days off, rainy. I really don’t want the dirt mess in house but may have to ::shrug::
Birds are fed, a hummer was partaking immediately.
Tomorrow is citywide junk pickup day so need to get some things out to the curb later today.
Time for a second cup.
Have a great day!
Protected by a large LOUD dog, and Smith & Wesson...
royal0014
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by royal0014 »

Mornin' Y'all

Another weekend done blown by. Did get to visit with the two grands for a bit yesterday.
They're both growing like weeds, of course ...

Pot is waiting .. .. let's do this Monday thing !
Chris
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Good Mornin', Chris and others to stop by the diner.
70 degrees this morning, must have had a passing shower overnight, things are wet outside.
We noticed yesterday afternoon. it's time to mow again!
The VBS at church seemed to get a good start last evening.
Coffee is ready, Y'all enjoy the 1st Monday of June! The year is whizzing by, again. ::hmm::
(Miss Joy just came in and reported 0.1" in the rain gauge.)
Treefarmer

djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Good morning. It rained last night and it's cool and cloudy out this morning. Yesterday was busy with two Grad. parties and one birthday party. Our church VBS kick-off was last night and the lady running it asked me to give one of the lessons each week starting this morning. It worked out well since Jason is on vacation and work is slow and little else is demanding my time. Our local bear doesn't appear to have been wandering around here last night. I hear he made a mess at the neighbors across the road with the garbage they keep in an old truck until they get enough to made a dump run. That's about all I got for chatter over coffee. Have a good week.____Dave
bighomer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by bighomer »

Morning folks, 60 heading to the mid 80's sez Nikki Dee,
ole sol is beaming, although there some white clouds blowing by.
Outside critters are fed, wampus had his hongery on. Farmer yawl are shore 'nough right about the days flying by.
Farmer mention the 1st monday of June that means I'm gonna go to the Cracker barrel for the monthly breakfast with a group of ole farts I had the privilege of working with for many years.
bighomer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by bighomer »

Has anyone heard from Jerry, last post I saw was May 20th, sure hope he's okay. ::shrug:: ::handshake::
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

Good Morning Everyone!
Only thing on my schedule today is a dentist appointment. Have a blessed day and be safe.... :D
David L Roberts, United States Navy Retired
Please visit my website: Woodburning Art by David at

https://www.wdbydavid.com/
Quick Steel
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Partial sun. Rain expected.

peace& health
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

bighomer wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 11:57 am Has anyone heard from Jerry, last post I saw was May 20th, sure hope he's okay. ::shrug:: ::handshake::
I`m here. Just don't have anything to say. They got me moved and I don't know where anything is, inside nor outside.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

jerryd6818 wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 2:05 pm
bighomer wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 11:57 am Has anyone heard from Jerry, last post I saw was May 20th, sure hope he's okay. ::shrug:: ::handshake::
I`m here. Just don't have anything to say. They got me moved and I don't know where anything is, inside nor outside.
Opening all those boxes will be like Christmas all over!!🤔😂😂
John 😁
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
edgy46

Post by edgy46 »

Good morning everyone. Coffee is luke warm, and almost gone. 62 at 5:00, going to high 80's. Kroger and not much else on my agenda. Maybe a bit of retail therapy ::facepalm::
Enjoy your day and make someone smile 😃
An uncontrolled accumulator. ::shrug::
Bill
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Good Mornin', Knifers.
Typical morning weather wise, 71 degrees and a few clouds. Had small showers several times yesterday afternoon, regular summer pattern.
Men's prayer meeting at 6 this morning then a regular day here at Starvation Plantation, maybe. ::paranoid::
Getting close to making a batch of bulk venison sausage, still up in the air concerning a new vacuum sealer as the old one seems to be working properly again.
Y'all enjoy the day.
Treefarmer

edgy46

Post by edgy46 »

Good morning Treefarmer and all who follow. 65 at 7:00 going up to 87. Nothing much going on here.
Enjoy your day and make someone smile 😃.
An uncontrolled accumulator. ::shrug::
Bill
Quick Steel
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Good Morning. Partly cloudy. Going to 82. Maybe some rain.

Have made substantial progress with organizing the armory the way I want. Maybe today I can come close to finishing. Have a couple of old photos I want to hang up.

peace & health
bighomer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by bighomer »

Morning folks, 68 /85 off and on rain predicted.
Critters are fed, wampus came by for a snack.
Jerry if having anything to say was a criteria I'd never post again. Iff'in I could, I'd come help you put those fine knives on display.
Don't imagine I'll get into much today with the unstable weather and all.
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Good morning. They're telling us BAD weather is coming about 2 or 3 this afternoon with nasty wind, heavy rain and large hail. Usually around here when we get those three all together we hear"Boy, we sure didn't see that coming". If I don't post for a few days then they probably got it right this time. Our traveling kids made it to California last evening to find it smoky from where ever that fire is but it doesn't appear to be close to Disneyland where they are headed. Not much planned for today except buttoning down the hatches in case the weather people do get it right. Have a good Tuesday.____Dave

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”