Kershaw Zing

Kershaw began its foray into the knife business sometime during 1974. The company was originally based in Portland Oregon, but most early knives were manufactured in Japan. The first US manufacturing plant was opened in 1997 & the company currently offers knives made in the U.S., Japan, & China. Pete Kershaw (an ex Gerber salesman) started the business.
mc1130

Kershaw Zing

Post by mc1130 »

Does anyone have any feedback on the Kershaw Zing? Is it too bulky/heavy for an EDC considering I am in dress slacks and an office most of the day.

Also, any recommendations for other smaller, single blade locking EDCs in the $50-$100 range would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks as always.
johnnierotten

Re: Kershaw Zing

Post by johnnierotten »

SOG Twitch II...... Kershaw Centerfonte....... "I know I butchered the spelling on that last one" both of these are smaller single blade assisted openers...right size for the pocket. 8) I own both and 'Im very happy with them.

I'm not familiar with the Zing ... looks like a good knife but I would think a bit big for office wear.JMO
johnnierotten

So far,So good...So What!!
johnny twoshoes

Post by johnny twoshoes »

I don't know about the kershaw Zing but the leek is an awsome knife slick, slim, and fast.
Also another great single blade is a Case copperlock. ::tu::
copperlock2.JPG
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

Here's a link to a youtube review of the Kershaw Zing. Looks like a very nice, well made knife, but what else would you expect from Kershaw. At 3.1 oz it should be light to carry in the pocket and although its is on the upper end size wise for comfortable carry in dress slacks, still definately within acceptable limits.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGzmHysTSmw
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
mc1130

Post by mc1130 »

Great feedback and thanks for the recommendations. I am adding these to my wish list.
johnny twoshoes

Post by johnny twoshoes »

Oh yes the wish list it NEVER ENDS.
As far as little EDC goes I love Great Eastern Cutlery the quality of their knives is amazing BUT
(theres always a but ::dang:: ) almost all of their knives are BIG handfuls of awsome not a
problem if you like carring a rock in your pocket. So I know for sure Case makes a few single
blade knives such as the Copperlock,Slimline Trapper,Toothpick,Sway Back Jack,Russlock,
Slimlock,Trapperlock,Lockback,and Barlow. Thats what I know.As for Queen I have know idea
I buy what I like.

P.S. I like carring a rock.
justold52

Post by justold52 »

I like my Kershaw Rainbow 1660 EDC very much.

She works just like the one you are asking about.

The thing I enjoy is it is so smooth sliding in my pocket and when she is in my pocket I find it hard to know it's there unless I feel for her.

One more thing is when I pull her out to use her people all ways look and comment on her.
Attachments
Kershaw 1660 Rainbow.jpg
Kershaw 1660 Rainbow.jpg (15.92 KiB) Viewed 2104 times
A sign In a Chinese Pet Store: 'Buy one dog, get one flea.'

Return to “Kershaw Knife Forum”