Help with Rigid knife

A place to ask or answer knife related questions.
Firechief501

Help with Rigid knife

Post by Firechief501 »

Did Rigid make these knives with stag handles ? Or was this customized afterward ? Thanks
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Help with Rigid knife

Post by 1967redrider »

::welcome:: to AAPK, Firechief! Someone will be along soon and see this post. I believe Canal Street had a connection to the Rigid folders, not sure about the fixed blades. That's a great looking knife and sheath. ::tu::
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
Modern Slip Joints

Post by Modern Slip Joints »

Great looking knife! ::tu::

The original Rigid company, which made your knife, did put stag on some of their fixed blades. The store where I bought my first one had a stag Texas tooth pick in the top of their glass Rigid diplay and I've seen pictures of another that I'll call a hunting knife. I don't remember its model name off hand. That's not enough examples for me to say whether or not your knife's stag looks like factory stag.
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Nice outfit right there!!
👍🍻👍
John 😁
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
hardman
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by hardman »

I believe I heard that Case made some of the Rigid knives.
Gary

"Now it cuts like a knife, but it feels so right." Bryan Adams
just bob

Post by just bob »

“The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.” (Paulo Coelho)

Men make plans and God laughs

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
Modern Slip Joints

Post by Modern Slip Joints »

hardman wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2024 9:07 pm I believe I heard that Case made some of the Rigid knives.
Acording to this forum's Case expert, knifeaholic, in 1982 the original Rigid company contracted Case to make four patterns of slip joints with smooth rosewood side covers stamped Rigid USA. The same knives with different side covers stamped Case were the *3087 small Stockman, the *207 Mini-Trapper, the *233 tiny pen knife and the *254 Trapper.

The Canal Street made Rigid slip joints mentioned above were contracted by a later owner of the Rigid brand after the original Rigid company folded. The original company did not last long. Later owners of the brand had knives made in Germany, Japan, USA and other countries that I've read included Italy and China. However, I'm not expert on post-Rigid Rigids and get confused by them.
Firechief501

Post by Firechief501 »

Thanks to everyone for the help and commentary

Return to “Knife Related Q&A”