Other Seki Made

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in Japan.
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Other Seki Made

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

All nice Mark. I couldn’t pick a favorite out of all those great knives you posted. I like them all.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Much thanks, Mark, if I had to choose I'd go with the Paragon, with the SOG a close running second.
Is it just my eye, or does the Paragon folder look very much like the fixed blade Paragon skinner that Tony posted?
To look at them side by side I'd swear they have identical profiles. ::shrug::
8)
8)
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Yes I think they look a lot a like too. I noticed that when I first got one of those too.
Corn Creek Cutlery
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Corn Creek Cutlery »

Madmarco wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2024 2:42 am I thought I'd share these Seki made knives with ya'll, but I have completely lost track of what I've posted and what I haven't, so if you've already seen 1 or more my apologies go out to you.
8)
My copy of the 7 1/2" Paragon lock-back that Mark posted recently, and also I bought this copy from him, but no front etch so not first production.WIN_20240715_20_33_12_Pro.jpgWIN_20240715_20_32_55_Pro.jpgAn Al Mar 6 3/4" mid-lock designed by Ron Lake.WIN_20240715_20_34_19_Pro.jpgWIN_20240715_20_34_00_Pro.jpgA rock solid all-metal 6 1/2" SOG mid-lock.WIN_20240715_20_35_37_Pro.jpgWIN_20240715_20_35_16_Pro.jpgAn A.G. Russell 5 3/4" all-metal lock-back.WIN_20240715_20_36_43_Pro.jpgWIN_20240715_20_36_17_Pro.jpgAnd this last one actually has a name, that being, "The Ant", and it too is an all-metal 6" liner-lock that works by pressing on the SS ball in order to depress the liner inside and release for closing.WIN_20240715_20_38_20_Pro.jpgWIN_20240715_20_37_37_Pro.jpg
Mark, all those knives are awesome!! My picks would be the Paragon and the Al Mar ... and yes the Para does have a similar profile to my Skinner. ::tu::
Tony .. https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/corncreekcutlery .. "We are a Qualified RoseCraft Blades Dealer"
It's only money .. give the Lord His .. pay the bills .. give the wife hers .. and buy yourself another knife.
Vit_213

Post by Vit_213 »

Seki City Paragon
Attachments
01.jpg
03.jpg
04.jpg
07.jpg
10.jpg
12.jpg
Corn Creek Cutlery
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Vit_213 wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2024 3:21 pm Seki City Paragon
Niiiice Drop Point Paragon Vit213!! Like the flow and shape of it! Many ::tu:: What is the wood the handles are made from?
Tony .. https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/corncreekcutlery .. "We are a Qualified RoseCraft Blades Dealer"
It's only money .. give the Lord His .. pay the bills .. give the wife hers .. and buy yourself another knife.
Vit_213

Post by Vit_213 »

Corn Creek Cutlery wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2024 4:17 pm
Niiiice Drop Point Paragon Vit213!! Like the flow and shape of it! Many ::tu:: What is the wood the handles are made from?
Thank you ::handshake:: . It's probably cocobolo, but I'm not an expert on wood species.
I've had this knife for 17 years now and I still admire the quality of its craftsmanship :) .
Corn Creek Cutlery
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Thanks Vit213 ... that is a fine Paragon! ::handshake::

Just got this one in today, and now have another Seki Japan brand to chase ... ::super_happy::
Aristocrat Emperor Buffalo Horn Handled Skinner ... 8" OAL / 3 1/4" Mirror Polished Hollow Ground Blade / Weighs 6 ounces W/O Sheath

Mark SSK, you told me a while back that these Sekis get in your blood, and you were correct! :wink: I have accumulated a purty large number of them since ... most are not yet posted, but I will eventually get around to it.
Attachments
AristocratEmperor1.jpg
AristocratEmperor2.jpg
Corn Creek Cutlery
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

I will put another up I got a few weeks ago.
C Jul Herbertz G Sakai Folding Hunter Lockback ... 5.25" Closed / 3.6" 440 Stainless / Rubber Handles / Weighs 7.2 Ounces W/O Sheath

I suppose this is a brother to the Herbertz G Sakai Mark posted recently. Mark, I like yours much better than this one .. not a fan of holes in a blade. However, I am very happy to have this one in my collection. One like yours is out there, just waiting for me to find it. ::nod::
Attachments
Herbertz1.jpg
Herbertz2.jpg
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

That is a beautiful knife Vit. I’m partial to wooden scales and those are some very nice scales.

Tony, you are killing it. That Aristocrat is especially nice. Great photos too.
My Seki collection including Moki’s, Mcusta’s, Al Mar and all the A.G. Russell Seki made knives is overtaking my display cases. They are addictive.
Corn Creek Cutlery
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Many thanks Mark! ::handshake::
I just looked in my showcases, and found I have Hattori Kershaws, the one Hattori I got from you, Moki Lakotas, Rigids, Khybers, Aristocrat, Condor, Paragon, Explorer, G Sakai, with Brownings and Parkers also, from Japan. It appears that I am a big 'ole Seki Japan fish waiting to be reeled in, lol!

I will put one more up tonight.
Rigid RG-32 Tak Fukuta Grizzly Folding Hunter Lockback ... 5.125" Closed / 3.5" Stainless Blade / Hardwood Handles / Weighs 5 Ounces
I really like the wood on this one. The blue in the second pic is a reflection.
Attachments
RG-32Rigid1.jpg
RG-32Rigid2.jpg
RG-32Rigid3.jpg
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Corn Creek Cutlery wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2024 1:30 am
Madmarco wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2024 2:42 am I thought I'd share these Seki made knives with ya'll, but I have completely lost track of what I've posted and what I haven't, so if you've already seen 1 or more my apologies go out to you.
8)
My copy of the 7 1/2" Paragon lock-back that Mark posted recently, and also I bought this copy from him, but no front etch so not first production.WIN_20240715_20_33_12_Pro.jpgWIN_20240715_20_32_55_Pro.jpgAn Al Mar 6 3/4" mid-lock designed by Ron Lake.WIN_20240715_20_34_19_Pro.jpgWIN_20240715_20_34_00_Pro.jpgA rock solid all-metal 6 1/2" SOG mid-lock.WIN_20240715_20_35_37_Pro.jpgWIN_20240715_20_35_16_Pro.jpgAn A.G. Russell 5 3/4" all-metal lock-back.WIN_20240715_20_36_43_Pro.jpgWIN_20240715_20_36_17_Pro.jpgAnd this last one actually has a name, that being, "The Ant", and it too is an all-metal 6" liner-lock that works by pressing on the SS ball in order to depress the liner inside and release for closing.WIN_20240715_20_38_20_Pro.jpgWIN_20240715_20_37_37_Pro.jpg
Mark, all those knives are awesome!! My picks would be the Paragon and the Al Mar ... and yes the Para does have a similar profile to my Skinner. ::tu::
Many thanks, Tony, appreciate your comments. ::handshake::
8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

That's a beauty, Vit, it fits right in on these pages. ::tu::
8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Corn Creek Cutlery wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2024 10:08 pm Thanks Vit213 ... that is a fine Paragon! ::handshake::

Just got this one in today, and now have another Seki Japan brand to chase ... ::super_happy::
Aristocrat Emperor Buffalo Horn Handled Skinner ... 8" OAL / 3 1/4" Mirror Polished Hollow Ground Blade / Weighs 6 ounces W/O Sheath

Mark SSK, you told me a while back that these Sekis get in your blood, and you were correct! :wink: I have accumulated a purty large number of them since ... most are not yet posted, but I will eventually get around to it.
That's another great skinner, Tony, congratulations. ::handshake::
8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Corn Creek Cutlery wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2024 10:44 pm I will put another up I got a few weeks ago.
C Jul Herbertz G Sakai Folding Hunter Lockback ... 5.25" Closed / 3.6" 440 Stainless / Rubber Handles / Weighs 7.2 Ounces W/O Sheath

I suppose this is a brother to the Herbertz G Sakai Mark posted recently. Mark, I like yours much better than this one .. not a fan of holes in a blade. However, I am very happy to have this one in my collection. One like yours is out there, just waiting for me to find it. ::nod::
Still pretty good looking, Tony, but those holes gotta go, IMHO.
8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Corn Creek Cutlery wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2024 12:44 am Many thanks Mark! ::handshake::
I just looked in my showcases, and found I have Hattori Kershaws, the one Hattori I got from you, Moki Lakotas, Rigids, Khybers, Aristocrat, Condor, Paragon, Explorer, G Sakai, with Brownings and Parkers also, from Japan. It appears that I am a big 'ole Seki Japan fish waiting to be reeled in, lol!

I will put one more up tonight.
Rigid RG-32 Tak Fukuta Grizzly Folding Hunter Lockback ... 5.125" Closed / 3.5" Stainless Blade / Hardwood Handles / Weighs 5 Ounces
I really like the wood on this one. The blue in the second pic is a reflection.
Nice Rigid, Tony, it looks just as solid as your new Herbertz. ::tu::
8)
8)
Corn Creek Cutlery
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Many thanks Mark!
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Beautiful Rigid Toney. Your photography skills are amazing.
Corn Creek Cutlery
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Sharpnshinyknives wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2024 10:55 am Beautiful Rigid Toney. Your photography skills are amazing.
Thank you Mark! Appreciate it!
RedRaiderRick

Post by RedRaiderRick »

I was speaking with the owner of a local knife shop in Santa Fe and he said that AL Mar is now made in China??
To those who fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected ones will never know.
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

RedRaiderRick wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2024 6:16 am I was speaking with the owner of a local knife shop in Santa Fe and he said that AL Mar is now made in China??
That’s been true for some time now. You have to really check when you buy to make sure it’s made in Japan. The Japanese made Al Mars still command some very high prices.
RedRaiderRick

Post by RedRaiderRick »

Is the shop owner Was trying to tell me that the Chinese al mar knives are absolutely as good as the Japanese. But he's showing me a Chinese al mar that has nowhere near the fit and finish.
To those who fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected ones will never know.
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

RedRaiderRick wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2024 9:41 pm Is the shop owner Was trying to tell me that the Chinese al mar knives are absolutely as good as the Japanese. But he's showing me a Chinese al mar that has nowhere near the fit and finish.
I’ve not owned one made in China, but from what I’ve read from others that took the plunge, they aren’t to the same standard as the Japanese made ones. I think the price difference between the Chinese made and the Japanese made tells you everything you need to know.

Edit, looks like 2019 was the year Al Mar switched to China.
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

The Chinese Al Mars don't compare to the Japanese. Not even close!
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Location: I'm On The Far Right On The Left Coast In Commiefornia

Post by New_Windsor_NY »

RedRaiderRick wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2024 6:16 am I.....
viewtopic.php?t=74306
Kid: "Wish we had time to bury them fellas."
Josey Wales: "To hell with them fellas. Buzzards got to eat, same as worms."
Clint Eastwood-The Outlaw Josey Wales

Skip

Return to “Japanese-made knives”