A beautiful Case Tested lockback Delrin stockman with a black stainless steel blade

A place to discuss & share pictures of counterfeit knives. Please be sure to alert the AAPK community if you spot one. Also make sure to ask questions if you are not certain about the authenticity of a knife you are considering buying or selling. There are plenty of great people here willing to help.
Walleye

A beautiful Case Tested lockback Delrin stockman with a black stainless steel blade

Post by Walleye »

https://www.ebay.com/itm/126663664466?_ ... p_homepage

Never seen a 1920's Case Tested XX with an unmarked bowtie shield. Is this RealHorn Molasses Sundown Delrin? They didn't specify, but I could see that being it.

I looked at the pictures carefully, but I didn't see the release for the manually operated lockback mechanism. Is it possibly done by pressing the shield down? Nice knife overall, being that it comes with a sheath, I could see myself using it for everyday use, or perhaps any outdoor activity.

::tu::
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: A beautiful Case Tested lockback Delrin stockman with a black stainless steel blade

Post by 1967redrider »

::hmm:: Delrin and stainless steel?
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
Gunsil

Re: A beautiful Case Tested lockback Delrin stockman with a black stainless steel blade

Post by Gunsil »

Looks like a fake to me.
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

I don’t see a lock back mechanism either. Or a black stainless steel blade. ::shrug::
Rick T.

"My knife money maketh itself wings!" mb>

Proud member of the Buck Collectors Club Inc.
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

A definite fake. Case made the last TESTED XX knives around mid-1940s - Delrin wasn't even invented until about 10 years later! ::facepalm:: Did not appear on a Case knife until several years after that.

Yet somehow it has 6 bids! Fools and their money……………..

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

It appears to have sold. Fake or not ( I understand it’s a fake) that recurve on the clip blade would have been a deal breaker for me personally. Tricky to sharpen or touch up on a flat stone.
Rick T.

"My knife money maketh itself wings!" mb>

Proud member of the Buck Collectors Club Inc.
pointythings
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by pointythings »

Silly A.I. description. eBay needs to remove that feature. It's worse than useless.

The tang stamp was so fake that I didn't think I needed to post it here.
Reverand
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Reverand »

I agree that the description was AI generated, and the seller either didn't know enough or care enough to correct the computer's mistakes.
The handle material resembles horn, though I suppose it might be celluloid. It is certainly not Delrin. The blades are likely not stainless, but overly-buffed carbon steel.
This counterfeiter must be new to the business, as I can still see the sanding marks on the tang, going lengthwise to the blade. That can only be done with the knife taken apart. Then he applied the tang stamp crooked to the blade.
Sadly, somebody thought they were getting a deal for $82, when actually they got a $30 knife that has been altered and ruined.
Jesus is life.
Everything else is just a hobby.

~Reverand
Walleye

Post by Walleye »

Reverand wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2024 3:27 am I agree that the description was AI generated, and the seller either didn't know enough or care enough to correct the computer's mistakes.
The handle material resembles horn, though I suppose it might be celluloid. It is certainly not Delrin. The blades are likely not stainless, but overly-buffed carbon steel.
This counterfeiter must be new to the business, as I can still see the sanding marks on the tang, going lengthwise to the blade. That can only be done with the knife taken apart. Then he applied the tang stamp crooked to the blade.
Sadly, somebody thought they were getting a deal for $82, when actually they got a $30 knife that has been altered and ruined.
What, that description was generated by AI, and not by a careful seller describing a rare and valuable genuine Case Tested knife? ???? ::hmm::
Walleye

Post by Walleye »

pointythings wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2024 2:27 am Silly A.I. description. eBay needs to remove that feature. It's worse than useless.

The tang stamp was so fake that I didn't think I needed to post it here.
LOL
The "AI" descriptions I've seen for so many things lately, houses, items on ebay, descriptions of videos on Youtube - its nauseating isn't it? What are people thinking (or not thinking)???
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

What is a "black stainless steel blade"but an oxymoron?
"Sometimes even the blind chicken finds corn"
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Pictures for future reference.
Attachments
1000029078.jpg
1000029079.jpg
1000029080.jpg
1000029081.jpg
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
pointythings
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by pointythings »

OLDE CUTLER wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2024 1:04 pm What is a "black stainless steel blade"but an oxymoron?
Nope, it's eBay's A.I. tool analyzing the images and determining the blade is black from the reflections. Seller is either an idiot or just plain lazy for not writing a useful description from scratch or at least editing the generated text.

Return to “Counterfeit Watch”