Clyde Cuttlery Co

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
jw517

Clyde Cuttlery Co

Post by jw517 »

I bought this because it has my deceased brothers name (Clyde) on it. It helped that’s is in unused condition also! I looked at the available information on the web I could find but thought maybe one of you might know more. It’s got cocobolo handle scales and must be carbon steel because it’s not marked stainless I think. The company had a fire in 1970 and never recovered from it. The other Clyde knives I see for sale are marked stainless and have lighter colored scales,( not rose wood). Any more information would sure be welcome.
IMG_0780.jpeg
IMG_0779.jpeg
peanut740
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Clyde Cuttlery Co

Post by peanut740 »

I believe Clyde was primarily making butcher knives, skinning knives,cleavers etc for the slaughter business.
Roger
Ridgegrass
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ridgegrass »

I have a hundred year old pair of limb pruners from Clyde. They were my Grandparents'. They are sharp as a razor and strong as can be. Notice the iron strapping riveted through the handles, built like a tank! We use them all through the year around the property. The mark is:"The Clyde Cutlery Co., Clyde, Ohio. Made In U.S.A." I've never seen a pocket knife of theirs. Anyone have one ? J.O'.
Attachments
IMG_7197.jpg
IMG_7198.jpg
IMG_7195.jpg
jw517

Post by jw517 »

That company is like a ghost. I never heard of it til I saw the knife I bought. I wonder how many others are out there. Thanks for the reply’s .

Return to “General Knife Discussion”