Other Seki Made

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in Japan.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Other Seki Made

Post by Madmarco »

Sharpnshinyknives wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2024 12:22 am Here are a few that came in the latest collection purchased. Two are Seki Cut made. Seki Cut is a consortium of knife makers in Seki Japan that make knives. The first one has gold lipped pearl and the second one has wooden scales. Nice thumb stud and easy smooth opening and lock up.
The last one is made for Santa Fe Stoneworks. Made in Japan with titanium handles with VG-10 blade. Fossilized and gemstone handles inlayed in the handles. This one has a button lock, which is really sweet. You will probably see these or some of these for sale in my store. Still deciding on what is being kept and what is being sold.
NICE score, Mark, now you have 3 more beautiful knives that you need to find space for! lol! I've admired the knife from Santa Fe since I first saw one, and had the price not been so much I'd have owned one by now, but at the time it was outta my league. I love the button-lock on knives, and I'm finding I have more models with it than I thought. I really like the orange shade too, IMO, more knives should have orange in their scheme.
The other 2 are very cool as well, they have a lower-end William Henry/McHenry (?) vibe to them for me. NICE!
8)
8)
Corn Creek Cutlery
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Corn Creek Cutlery »

Agreed C-Man ... the bone and the sleek lines of that knife are superb IvoryMan!
Tony .. https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/corncreekcutlery .. "We are a Qualified RoseCraft Blades Dealer"
It's only money .. give the Lord His .. pay the bills .. give the wife hers .. and buy yourself another knife.
Corn Creek Cutlery
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Corn Creek Cutlery »

The Sante Fe would be my pick Mark and Mark also. All three are top notch!
Tony .. https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/corncreekcutlery .. "We are a Qualified RoseCraft Blades Dealer"
It's only money .. give the Lord His .. pay the bills .. give the wife hers .. and buy yourself another knife.
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

Thank you Mark and Tony. I am a little surprised that the green Seki Cut has some spots of glue on the blade and a little around the wooden scales. I tried to get it off but it won’t come off. The fit is great on these Seki Cut knives but now I can say that the finish is a little lacking on the green one. The yellow with the gold lip pearl has no issues.
The Santa Fe Stoneworks is a great looking and feeling knife. That button lock is the best feature.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

That's a shame, Mark, knowing how much you like these knives due to their precision specs and attention to detail, I'm sure a quality control issue like overlapping glue must infuriate you.
Of any method I can think of to remove the glue safely, acetone keeps popping into my head, although, I don't know if/how it might affect the other materials, but it should melt the extra glue.
If it's any consolation, I didn't even SEE the glue spots you described, so perhaps a clean and polish with some Simichrome will be all she needs, hope so anyway. ::handshake::
8)
8)
GSPTOPDOG

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

Seki made Klein Tools.
Attachments
DSCF8064.JPG
Please visit my AAPK store: https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/ca ... er_id=2383

They say, “Hard work never hurt anyone”, but I'm still not willing to risk it.
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

GSPTOPDOG wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2024 2:43 am Seki made Klein Tools.
That’s an interesting knife. I know that Moki has made a lot of knives for Klein under spec from Klein, I wonder if that is one of them? Looks like a knife made for hard work. Nice.

Return to “Japanese-made knives”