Rough Ryder Diamond Jim Canoe Folder Knife

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in China.
sourdough

Rough Ryder Diamond Jim Canoe Folder Knife

Post by sourdough »

I picked this Rough Ryder Diamond Jim Canoe Folder Knife up at a Lawn sale for $3.00 does anyone know what it is worth? new and unused, No box, this knife is beautiful and very well made.
Attachments
0-2.jpg
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Rough Ryder Diamond Jim Canoe Folder Knife

Post by Railsplitter »

I would guess about $20-$30 in general but maybe $50 if someone who collects Diamond Jim Rough Ryders is looking for that model. $50 is a stretch though.
Rick T.

"My knife money maketh itself wings!" mb>

Proud member of the Buck Collectors Club Inc.
Rough Ryder

Post by Rough Ryder »

It’s hard to give an accurate value for rough Ryders because most of them are only worth about $15 but occasionally there are rare and collected models that can fetch as much as $80-90 in some rare cases when their is a bidding war. RRs don’t really have defined collector values yet. They aren’t like Case knives.
Rhinofly
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Rhinofly »

I collect the older Rough Rider (not Ryder) canoes, and the Diamond Jim is one that I am on the lookout for. I would pay up to $30 for a new one with the original box.

I was under the impression that the Diamond Jim Canoe was made before the name change from "Rider" to "Ryder". Are you able to read the name on the knife somewhere to confirm, please? The model number (1374) is old enough for this to be the case.
bighomer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by bighomer »

1000007143.jpg
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

Rhinofly wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2024 1:38 am I collect the older Rough Rider (not Ryder) canoes, and the Diamond Jim is one that I am on the lookout for. I would pay up to $30 for a new one with the original box.

I was under the impression that the Diamond Jim Canoe was made before the name change from "Rider" to "Ryder". Are you able to read the name on the knife somewhere to confirm, please? The model number (1374) is old enough for this to be the case.
The OP hasn't logged on since that post over a year ago. I doubt he will respond.
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf

Return to “Chinese-made knives”