Ka-bar muskrat stag

The KA-BAR brand originated as a trademark of the Tidioute Cutlery Company. Tidioute was later taken over & renamed the Union Cutlery Company which continued making the brand until Union eventually adopted it as the company name in 1952. Cutco Corporation later acquired the company in 1996.
tankman

Ka-bar muskrat stag

Post by tankman »

This is a ka-bar muskrat dogshead with stag handles its a 1992,Love that stag.
Attachments
DSC00387.JPG
DSC00388.JPG
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Ka-bar muskrat stag

Post by treefarmer »

tankman,
That's a pretty one! I've only a few Kabars and none with the dogs head on the handle, yet...one day. ::tu::
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

Tankman that's a beautiful knife. ::tu::

Can you educate me a little? Do you know who actually manufactured that knife?
I know very little about KABAR knives but I do know Canal Street has made some recently.
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
tankman

Post by tankman »

As far as I know,I knew about this because of Ka-bar club knifes.I have a 1982 ka-bar club knife a coke bottle pattern.I the book of collector knife 2007 issue.C Houston price.Fifteen edition.It has a listing in the back for Ka-bar club knifes.And after that listing it goes from 1972-1999.There were only 500 of this knife made.In the picture on the other side of the knife on the bolster are the numbers 394 that's of 500.These are ka-bar knifes.I love the older examples from the 1920 -1940.But I also enjoy these knife because they are very nice stag and built very study.But I think the ones before 1940 have better looking stag just my opinon

Tankman

Return to “KA-BAR Knife Collector's Forum”