Cripple Creek Barlow Question

Bob Cargill is the man behind the Cripple Creek Knife Brand. He started out making one of a kind custom knives and eventually started making special order runs by hand under the Cripple Creek name in 1981. He specialized in high quality hand made limited runs for clubs and organizations. The brand was later sold to Blackjack Knives of Effingham, IL who commissioned Queen Cutlery to produce them in larger quantities.
MadTrapper

Cripple Creek Barlow Question

Post by MadTrapper »

Did CC ever make a standard Barlow (not a daddy Barlow) with a blade other than a spear point? Perhaps a clip or a lambsfoot? Also, were they always single blade? Thanks.
"A knife is as personal and necessary a thing as a man ever owns." Bob Loveless
big monk

Re: Cripple Creek Barlow Question

Post by big monk »

Not an expert,but ::hmm:: Only spear blade main made,that I have seen***___ They did make two bladed Barlows,in a variety of handles** ___ there was a clip point CC made by GEC (2009) on their #25 pattern frame (3 1/2 inch) that had a clip blade** --- hope this helps ---- you can find some of the older models for sale, on e-bay most of the time ::tu::
Attachments
1994 Cripple Creek Barlows.jpg
2009 Cripple Creek by GEC.jpg
I'm not young enough,____to know everything !!!!!!!!!!!!

MONK****
MadTrapper

Post by MadTrapper »

Thanks big monk that's helpful. Since posting this I did locate a 2 blade model but have yet to see anything with a main blade other than a spear. I'd not seen that GEC model.
bkazz5

Post by bkazz5 »

Here's a pic of a set of 4 barlows with 4 various master blades. During the Bob Cargill Lockport IL and Old Fort TN era of Cripple Creek there were a variety of barlows 1, 2, and 3 blade with different master blades. Then, when Cripple Creek sold to Black Jack, there were one and two blade barlows in stag, brown, and strawberry bone that I understand were made by Queen. Then round about 2009 for a short period Cripple Creeks were being produced by Great Eastern. Attached a few other barlow pics.
Attachments
WK Open.jpg
2012-12-12_22-06-48_91.jpg
2012-12-13_20-53-41_604.jpg
2012-12-03_20-28-31_718.jpg
MadTrapper

Post by MadTrapper »

Nice. Thanks for the info and pics bkazz5. Now that you posted it, I do recall having seen that Wounded Knee set somewhere in the past, just don't recall where.
bestgear
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by bestgear »

I finally got around to pulling everything out of the gun safe and re-organizing it. This little gem has been MIA for about 10-years and was hiding in the safe that normally I don't keep knives. I didn't know where else to post it except here. Any thoughts on value? Tom
Attachments
Cripple Creek #52 Frontside.jpg
Cripple Creek #52 Backside.jpg
Tom
AAPK Administrator

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.
carrmillus
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by carrmillus »

..don't know much about CC values, but I really like that one!!!..... ::tu:: ..........
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

Tom, just shooting in the dark here, but based on the sticker on your knife, maybe $52 ? ::shrug::

Ok maybe not............ 8)
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
bestgear
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by bestgear »

Phil - thanks for the great laugh, I truly needed that!

This knife was one of the first non-Scout knives that I ever purchased. There used to be a small cutlery shop in downtown Hartford Connecticut that I liked to stop in and the owner told me that one day this would be a very collectible knife. I always liked it and hence was disappointed when she went MIA.
Tom
AAPK Administrator

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

Return to “Cripple Creek”