The Complete Book of Pocketknife Repair: A Cutler's Manual

This forum is for posting step by step techniques used in the art of making, customizing, and repairing knives. Please stop by and teach a few things or maybe learn something new from the talented members of AAPK.
jaswarb

The Complete Book of Pocketknife Repair: A Cutler's Manual

Post by jaswarb »

Just bought this otherwise difficult to find tome. Less than $10 for Kindle. I run the Kindle for Mac application. One online source which had the out of print book wanted $98.

This all started when decided to learn how to sharpen. Where will it end?

Jim
My two cents and worth just what you paid.
CCBill

Re: The Complete Book of Pocketknife Repair: A Cutler's Manu

Post by CCBill »

Hi, Jim...
First thing, Welcome to AAPK. Looking forward to having you post, here. We like pictures. Show us your knives and "stuff".
I've only been picking up knives for about 45 years, so I'm probably not a good one to ask where it all ends ::shrug:: . I think it has something to do with whet rock dust that does it ::nod:: .
I figger it's better fer yer health than smokin' them crack rocks ::paranoid:: .
My Wife, Debbie has a Kindle. There is NO way you could get her to go back to real books. I just finished a book on her I-Pad. Too cool...
...CCBill... 8)
Only two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
Albert Einstein...
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: The Complete Book of Pocketknife Repair: A Cutler's Manu

Post by TripleF »

End? You're on the curve of a long down hill slope, and we just oiled it. Welcome to the slide :D
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
Mr. Stafford

Re: The Complete Book of Pocketknife Repair: A Cutler's Manual

Post by Mr. Stafford »

jaswarb wrote:Just bought this otherwise difficult to find tome. Less than $10 for Kindle. I run the Kindle for Mac application. One online source which had the out of print book wanted $98.
I just got lucky and found a paperback copy on ebay for $10 and he dropped the shipping price down to $14 from England. $24 versus the other two available, which were $105 and $120 with their shipping. ::ds::
Sincerely and respectfully,
Mr. Stafford
Faithfully Restored
SteelMyHeart85420

Post by SteelMyHeart85420 »

This makes me wanna consider selling my copy, and hope to find a buyer that doesn't have or know about Kindle.....shhhhh
just bob

Post by just bob »

I was lucky enough to find a hard back copy that came from a library. I will sell or trade my paperback version if anyone wants to add the book to their library. Prefer to sell to a collector and not someone wanting to resell the book. Just pm
“The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.” (Paulo Coelho)

Men make plans and God laughs

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
just bob

Post by just bob »

The book is spoken for.
“The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.” (Paulo Coelho)

Men make plans and God laughs

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
Ribbit

Post by Ribbit »

I'm having a problem finding this kindle book. I always buy from Amazon....and I can't find it there.
Any ideas?

Return to “Knife Related Tutorials”