How About Ice Picks?

A place dedicated to the discussion & picture sharing of swords, hatchets, throwing knives, Native American Tools, tomahawk heads and other related items.
rarefish383

How About Ice Picks?

Post by rarefish383 »

I did a search and didn't find anything? I've got a couple advertising ones that are pretty cool. One is from a funeral home. I always wondered if it was old enough to be from the days before refrigeration? What would a funeral home need an ice pick for. I'll try and dig them up (pun intended) today, and post pics tonight, Joe.
knife7knut

Re: How About Ice Picks?

Post by knife7knut »

rarefish383 wrote:I did a search and didn't find anything? I've got a couple advertising ones that are pretty cool. One is from a funeral home. I always wondered if it was old enough to be from the days before refrigeration? What would a funeral home need an ice pick for. I'll try and dig them up (pun intended) today, and post pics tonight, Joe.
If it was old enough there actually IS a connection between the two. I picked up one time(in a box of stuff) a Rubbermaid spatula with advertising on it for a Taylor & Son in Grantsburg Wisconsin that said(under the name)"Morticians & Furniture " with phone numbers 202 R or 193. If you think about it for a minute it makes perfect sense.

Back in the old West the people who made wooden caskets were also dry goods dealers as well and it isn't too far a stretch from making furniture to making caskets. What better way to cover all the bases?
Adventure BEFORE Dementia!
deltaboy

Re: How About Ice Picks?

Post by deltaboy »

I get them when I find them but I use them .
Keep Near the Cross.

Return to “Other Sharp Objects”