Thread Idea For Comment

The Northwoods Knife brand name originated in Gladstone, Michigan when a man named Dave Shirley adopted it as his knife company's name in 2004. Dave was well known for collaborating with popular knife companies to have knives made to his specifications for resale well before 2004 & beyond. KnivesShipFree bought Northwoods from Dave & has continued to team up with respected makers to produce knives marked with the Northwoods brand name.
kootenay joe

Thread Idea For Comment

Post by kootenay joe »

The only place for information about the current Northwoods knives is at KnivesShipFree and is bare bones & incomplete.
I think this forum could be the authoritative source for Northwoods knives identification and information.
I would like to see a thread for each pattern; e.g. "Esky Zulu" thread would give description of the knife & date released and then we all post pics of our Esky Zulus thus showing eventually all the handle choices; And so on for each of the 16 patterns since KSF took ownership of the brand name.
Does anyone else think this would be a worthwhile undertaking ?
kj
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Thread Idea For Comment

Post by Railsplitter »

I think it's a great idea if others don't mind doing it.

I was forced to leave out the date of release on the two threads I started because I don't know the exact date. I got them both on the secondary market.

But yes, I think it would be a good way to organize the sub forum.
Rick T.

"My knife money maketh itself wings!" mb>

Proud member of the Buck Collectors Club Inc.
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by gsmith7158 »

I agree that would be most informative especially for those who don't know the date of one they have bought. This website has always been known for definitive information, I think we should continue in that strain.
------------------

Greg

IF YOU AIN'T BUYING OR LOOKING AT A KNIFE THEN YOU AIN'T LIVING.
Always looking to buy good quality Empire knives.

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Quote: "I was forced to leave out the date of release on the two threads I started because I don't know the exact date".
I don't know the dates either but with a dedicated thread someone who does know the date of release will eventually come along and post it in the thread instead of this info being posted in some other thread.
The person starting the thread does not need to know everything about that particular Northwoods as others can post more details until all known info is in the one thread.
kj

Return to “Northwoods Knife Collector's Forum”