What choices do I have??

Kershaw began its foray into the knife business sometime during 1974. The company was originally based in Portland Oregon, but most early knives were manufactured in Japan. The first US manufacturing plant was opened in 1997 & the company currently offers knives made in the U.S., Japan, & China. Pete Kershaw (an ex Gerber salesman) started the business.
Gobbleandgrunt

What choices do I have??

Post by Gobbleandgrunt »

I bought this today off eBay. Do you think kershaw will be able to sharpen this out or will they want to replace the blade on it? Thanks guys
B016EC03-8DFE-42EF-AC28-F5F5753AE42B.jpeg
Gobbleandgrunt

Re: What choices do I have??

Post by Gobbleandgrunt »

It’s a 2009 leek with g-10 scales.
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

G&G,
I don't know about Kershaw policy but since it's a used knife, why not do it yourself? Lots of knives used for EDC(every day carry) have been reshaped because they have been tipped as yours has or intentionally re-shaped to fit a specific need. I have quite a few that have been re-shaped and are very functional and yours should be an easy fix as there is not a lot missing from the tip.
Just my 2 cents. :)
Treefarmer
Edit: I know this is an all together different type of knife but to support what I mentioned about re-shaping a blade, here are three 6275s, top and bottom were both tipped much worse than your Kershaw, they are still functional as an EDC. The unmolested, intact, center knife was a gift from gsmith7158.
DSCN4254.JPG

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Kershaw will sharpen the blade for free (you pay shipping to them). I don't know what they will say or do about a tipped blade if you send it to them just for sharpening. However, they will replace the blade for $10.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Gobbleandgrunt

Post by Gobbleandgrunt »

Ok. Thanks guys

Return to “Kershaw Knife Forum”