Possibly ivory?

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in Europe.
prairiedog

Possibly ivory?

Post by prairiedog »

Any thoughts on this Eye Brand? Haven’t held the knife in hand yet...looks to be ivory or French ivory. Not familiar with this being a factory production...thinking possibly customized or special factory order? I’m hoping an experienced eye might have better insight. Unfortunately, this is the only picture I have of the knife.

Thanks,
prairiedog
Attachments
1BD16A9E-6881-4D77-8B9E-7A96C9715EC3.jpeg
Perry

When the knife your grandfather/father carried or put up is handed down to you...treasure it...open it up from time to time...and by all means, keep it!
EyeBJoe
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Possibly ivory?

Post by EyeBJoe »

Perry, I can only offer a brief opinion on this one as I have no experience with this particular pattern. The knife looks to me to be a later production model, late 90’s - 2000’s. I agree that with the handle material, it may be a special order, a specific customized knife or could possibly have been a knife made for a specific overseas market. Maybe we will both learn something from another member who has more specific information. It’s a nice piece whatever its origin.

Joe D.
peanut740
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by peanut740 »

Looks like it may be micarta.
Roger
prairiedog

Post by prairiedog »

Ok, I was able to see the knife today in hand...it had 440 stainless on the backside tang. ::hmm::
Perry

When the knife your grandfather/father carried or put up is handed down to you...treasure it...open it up from time to time...and by all means, keep it!
stancaiman

Post by stancaiman »

i have the same (buy in the early 80's) : it's a micarta not ivory
http://stancaiman.free.fr/couteaux/KSChlieper2.JPG

Return to “European-made knives”