Rootbeer Bone Scales

The W.R. Case & Sons Cutlery Company has a very rich history that began in 1889 when William Russell (“W.R.”), Jean, John, and Andrew Case began fashioning their knives and selling them along a wagon trail in upstate New York. The company has produced countless treasures and it continues to do so as one of the most collected brands in the world.
Sut Tatersaul

Rootbeer Bone Scales

Post by Sut Tatersaul »

Hi, All:
A short time ago, I found, and purchased a Case Cheetah knife with scales of Rootbeer Bone. That scale material instantly became my favorite. Then I found, and purchased a Case Trapper knife, with Rootbeer bone scales. Now, I can't find any other knives with scales of that material. I just bought the book entitled "Collecting Case Knives", by Steve Pfeiffer, 2nd. edition. The references to scale material in this book, goes into great detail, but never mentions "Rootbeer bone". Have I bought the only two knives styles ever offered by Case, with that scale material?
Sut Tatersaul
Attachments
DSC02217.JPG
It's Mind Over Matter, If You Don't Mind, It Don't Matter
TwoFlowersLuggage
Location: Stuck in traffic on a highway in Southern California

Re: Rootbeer Bone Scales

Post by TwoFlowersLuggage »

There seems to be at least one other pattern:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/case-knife-pea ... SwW1da1Lp8
"The Luggage had a straightforward way of dealing with things between it and its intended destination: it ignored them." -Terry Pratchett
XX Case XX

Post by XX Case XX »

This might help. https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R ... e&_sacat=0 I also saw a Case Mini Copperhead in Rootbeer Bone on Google.

I work hard so my Dog can have a better life...
Tsar Bomba

Post by Tsar Bomba »

Her'e's a 62109W mini-copperhead in root beer jigged bone:
case62109Wrootbeer.jpg
Tony
ImageImageImageImage
Everything's better with a Barlow
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Sut,
texascaseknives.com has 8 different patterns listed with Root beer bone handles.https://texascaseknives.com/Case-Knife- ... -beer-bone
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
Sut Tatersaul

Post by Sut Tatersaul »

Well, I made an ass of myself again! After making my last post, I went to the internet, and checked again for Rootbeer bone Case knives, and, "low and behold" there were all kinds of Case knives, available with Rootbeer Bone scales. On my previous visit, there was not a one, of any style listed.

Sut Tatersaul
It's Mind Over Matter, If You Don't Mind, It Don't Matter
TwoFlowersLuggage
Location: Stuck in traffic on a highway in Southern California

Post by TwoFlowersLuggage »

Sut Tatersaul wrote:Well, I made an ass of myself again!
We all have at least one that we carry around with us wherever we go... ::sotb::
"The Luggage had a straightforward way of dealing with things between it and its intended destination: it ignored them." -Terry Pratchett

Return to “Case Knife Collector's Forum”