Queen Cutlery out of business

The Queen Cutlery Company manufactured knives in Titusville Pennsylvania for 96 years. The company opened its only factory there in 1919 and commenced to make some of the best US crafted cutlery you will find. Unfortunately, the Titusville manufacturing plant closed down in 2018.
TwoFlowersLuggage
Location: Stuck in traffic on a highway in Southern California

Re: Queen Cutlery out of business

Post by TwoFlowersLuggage »

I just found out that Daniels sold all his shares to Howard in 2011, making Howard the CEO & President. So, that's old news.
"The Luggage had a straightforward way of dealing with things between it and its intended destination: it ignored them." -Terry Pratchett
big monk

Post by big monk »

Yep____________GEC has ""NO TIES"" to Queen or the Daniels family -- Bill Howard bought all Ken Daniels GEC Stock, in 2011

- never heard of this "Howard Daniels" you speak of ????, ____ Courtney ( aka Knifegirl on e-bay ) is married to Ken's son, Ryan Daniels, and neither of them never had nor have any holdings in Great Eastern Cutlery Co.*** _________ GEC is a "stand alone company" that has done well,thanks to Bill Howard & the dedicated staff of workers, he has employed for most of the last 12 years -- have a great day my friends, and remember to collect the knives you like ( you'll never have one in your pocket you don't like,if you do this** ) _________ Monk :) ::tu:: ::tu::
Attachments
GEC.jpg
I'm not young enough,____to know everything !!!!!!!!!!!!

MONK****
TwoFlowersLuggage

"Howard Daniels Corporation" is the name of the holding company that was created by Bill Howard & Ken Daniels when GEC was founded.
http://www.buzzfile.com/business/Great- ... 4-827-3411

You will also see it listed on the Pennsylvania gov website if you go to this link and then search for "Howard Daniels". This site actual shows "Great Eastern Corporation" as the current name, and "Howard Daniels Corporation" as the prior name.
https://www.corporations.pa.gov/Search/corpsearch

For $3 you can order their articles of incorporation that were amended in 2015 that would show all the officers of the company. :D
"The Luggage had a straightforward way of dealing with things between it and its intended destination: it ignored them." -Terry Pratchett
TwoFlowersLuggage

Also - if you use the pa.gov search above for "Great Eastern Cutlery", you will find that it is listed as a fictitious business name owned by... "Howard Daniels Corporation", which as we now know, is the prior name of "Great Eastern Corporation" ... :wink:
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

O.K., now that this is established:
"GEC has ""NO TIES"" to Queen or the Daniels family -- Bill Howard bought all Ken Daniels GEC Stock, in 2011 "
it is most unlikely that GEC has an interest in acquiring the very old machinery that Queen has been using for almost 100 years, or the rights to the Queen name.
Good.
kj
PCwizard

Post by PCwizard »

Has Queen had a closing auction yet. I'm starting to see a few Ebay sellers saying "This Item came from Queen Out of Business auction" I can't find and new about that auction happening. Any News ?????????
TwoFlowersLuggage

I'm pretty sure that can't happen until the bankruptcy court works out the details of the Chapter 7 procedure.
PCwizard

Post by PCwizard »

TwoFlowersLuggage wrote:I'm pretty sure that can't happen until the bankruptcy court works out the details of the Chapter 7 procedure.
check this seller, hes the one making the claim. He sells a ton of knives.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/173288525896?V ... 3288525896
bdev

Post by bdev »

Maybe I missed it but the seller doesn't mention a Queen auction in his text. He just said they were bought directly from Queen when they went out of business.
Queen City. My favorite! Bruno. ::tu::
peanut740
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by peanut740 »

I doubt there are any completed knives at the factory to auction off.
Roger
Open Range-19
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Open Range-19 »

:D
Queen made some good blades and they will be missed. Sad about that whole story but totally understandable. Found this at the AAPK Store and ripped my pocket getting my money out. She is all good, too.
Attachments
IMG_7658.JPG
IMG_7652.JPG

Return to “Queen Cutlery Collector's Forum”