Dating Northwoods Fremont

The Northwoods Knife brand name originated in Gladstone, Michigan when a man named Dave Shirley adopted it as his knife company's name in 2004. Dave was well known for collaborating with popular knife companies to have knives made to his specifications for resale well before 2004 & beyond. KnivesShipFree bought Northwoods from Dave & has continued to team up with respected makers to produce knives marked with the Northwoods brand name.
kennedy knives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Dating Northwoods Fremont

Post by kennedy knives »

I may have missed the forum that gives me this info if so just point me to the right place . Just picked up a couple of Northwood Fremonts one a Calico Bone and the other is Burnt Stag #1 neither one came with coin and I'm not sure if they were supposed to? My Question is how do you date them? I haven't keep up with them. ::dang:: Is there a source to find out the # made . Thanks for the info
Attachments
Northwoods Fremont 001.JPG
Northwoods Fremont 004.JPG
Northwoods Fremont 006.JPG
Northwoods Fremont 016.JPG
Northwoods Fremont 025.JPG
Northwoods Fremont 022.JPG
robbobus
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: Dating Northwoods Fremont

Post by robbobus »

Nice knives. For records you need to consult the GEC production totals. With 98% certainty, these knives were produced in 2013, first appearance of the Fremont. 61 in smooth bone and 63 in burnt stag produced.
Cletus Awreetus

Post by Cletus Awreetus »

Rob,
can you tell me anything about the later release of a handful (?) of Ivory Fremonts? It is my understanding that was the 2nd run but I really don't know. thx!!!
-the problem with society today is, no one drinks from the skulls of their dead enemies anymore..-
robbobus
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by robbobus »

100 mammoth covered Fremonts were released in 2014. GEC also made 15 eleohant 79s in 2013.

Return to “Northwoods Knife Collector's Forum”