kershaw, Oregon, USA, 1080 Japan

Kershaw began its foray into the knife business sometime during 1974. The company was originally based in Portland Oregon, but most early knives were manufactured in Japan. The first US manufacturing plant was opened in 1997 & the company currently offers knives made in the U.S., Japan, & China. Pete Kershaw (an ex Gerber salesman) started the business.
kentstools

kershaw, Oregon, USA, 1080 Japan

Post by kentstools »

I have been looking for information on this knife. kershaw, Oregon, USA, 1080 Japan
It is a folding lockback knife that comes in a miniature holster that looks like a Derringer or a Colt. It has a small pistol type grip.
It is 6-1/8" opened; 4-1/8" closed and it has a 2-1/4" blade. It does come with the harness leather holster type scabbard.
Attachments
Kershaw2 20180726_161602_resized.jpg
Kershaw1 20180726_161645_resized.jpg
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: kershaw, Oregon, USA, 1080 Japan

Post by QTCut5 »

kentstools wrote:I have been looking for information on this knife. kershaw, Oregon, USA, 1080 Japan
It is a folding lockback knife that comes in a miniature holster that looks like a Derringer or a Colt. It has a small pistol type grip.
It is 6-1/8" opened; 4-1/8" closed and it has a 2-1/4" blade. It does come with the harness leather holster type scabbard.
Wow...that is just plain cool! I'm a HUGE Kershaw fan...but I've never seen that model before. I'm pretty sure Dale (orvet) would most likely have some knowledge about it, though.

Thanks for posting it.

~Q~
We are all just prisoners here of our own device.
In the master's chamber they gather for the feast.
They stab it with their steely knives but they just can't kill the beast.
(Eagles: Hotel California)

~Q~
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: kershaw, Oregon, USA, 1080 Japan

Post by orvet »

There is a second thread on this model:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=57976
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet