My New EDC ( Kizer )

A place to discuss modern tactical knives like Benchmade, Spyderco, Kershaw, Cold Steel, CRKT, and more.
outkast

My New EDC ( Kizer )

Post by outkast »

Got my first Kizer (Kizer Dukes Matt Cucchiara). I love everything about it. Weight, size, grip, only complaint a little dull outta the box. Without a doubt this is my new EDC. Last 2 pics are the real deal Matt Cucchiara I acquired in a collection of customs,that knife is a beast.
Kizer Dukes Matt Cucchiara 3.jpg
Kizer Dukes Matt Cucchiara 4.jpg
Kizer Dukes Matt Cucchiara 5.jpg
Kizer Dukes Matt Cucchiara 6.jpg
Kizer Dukes Matt Cucchiara 8.jpg
Kizer Dukes Matt Cucchiara 9.jpg
Matt Cucchiara 1.jpg
Matt Cucchiara 2.jpg
KleenCut61

Re: My New EDC ( Kizer )

Post by KleenCut61 »

Most impressive Examples , Very Nice ! ::tu:: Thanks For Posting K.C.( Would you Consider there Being a Break -in Period for Those ,And What Sort of Recommendations do The Maker Have as to Warranties and Maintanance ,) Why This Particular Maker ?What sold You On These? Sorry for the Third degree :mrgreen: I like what I see , And was Curious as to The Life expectancy of them , Seeing how there Pretty fast action Flippers I am sure :D (The Pros and cons ) Simplicity and Elegance For a EDC ::nod:: I will do some research on my own , But a Point In The right direction would be most appreciated . Thank You very Much __Joe ::tu::
outkast

Post by outkast »

KleenCut61 wrote:Most impressive Examples , Very Nice ! ::tu:: Thanks For Posting K.C.( Would you Consider there Being a Break -in Period for Those ,And What Sort of Recommendations do The Maker Have as to Warranties and Maintanance ,) Why This Particular Maker ?What sold You On These? Sorry for the Third degree :mrgreen: I like what I see , And was Curious as to The Life expectancy of them , Seeing how there Pretty fast action Flippers I am sure :D (The Pros and cons ) Simplicity and Elegance For a EDC ::nod:: I will do some research on my own , But a Point In The right direction would be most appreciated . Thank You very Much __Joe ::tu::
First off the Kizer will be 1 of 3 knives I EDC. It will have it's uses. I carry an old Klein & Sons Electricians knife that gets to do all the dirty work.
Klein & Sons.jpg
1 ~ Break-In ~ Out of the box I don't feel the knife needs much. As mentioned it's not quite as sharp as I like. Action is good requires a little flip of the wrist imagine it will loosen up a little.

2 ~ Warranties & Maintenance ~ Pretty much your run of the mill Limited Lifetime (To the Original Owner) against defects. Void for misuse, neglect, disassembling, etc... Maintaining again nothing special recommended, keep lubricated and clean. At Blade Show I picked a oil pen of Quick Release by Latama Cutlery I'll be trying it out. I think think Microtech recommends using it on their knives.
https://latama.net/pages/quick-release-oil

3 ~ Why Kizer & What Sold Me ~ I had seen a lot of people posting Kizers on other sites and saw this particular model and really liked it. Even more so
when I realized it was a Matt Cucchiara design (who I had never heard of til I acquired the other knife about a year ago). I'm also a fan of the Red Micrta/G10.
Untitled.jpg
20180603_164759-1.jpg
20180603_164929-1.jpg
KleenCut61

Post by KleenCut61 »

Thank You Kindly Outcast ::handshake:: That " Dukes " Has got High Marks from My Stand Point , I no Micarta ! and there is High Quaility look to that Knife , Even willing to bet the handles absorb the Sound & shock of Fast opening :mrgreen: Stout Knife that Klein of Yours , I had several maker Electricions Knives, Quit buying them when I ended up with a mint Klein .. :lol: I Quick Release all my ABEC 7 Bearings in my Reals so you can be shore that's The " STUFF" ..Thanks again .. I will Be on the look out for Red Micarta ::tu:: Hope I find one as nice .. K.C.
outkast

Post by outkast »

KleenCut61 wrote:Thank You Kindly Outcast ::handshake:: That " Dukes " Has got High Marks from My Stand Point , I no Micarta ! and there is High Quaility look to that Knife , Even willing to bet the handles absorb the Sound & shock of Fast opening :mrgreen: Stout Knife that Klein of Yours , I had several maker Electricions Knives, Quit buying them when I ended up with a mint Klein .. :lol: I Quick Release all my ABEC 7 Bearings in my Reals so you can be shore that's The " STUFF" ..Thanks again .. I will Be on the look out for Red Micarta ::tu:: Hope I find one as nice .. K.C.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071W ... UTF8&psc=1
KleenCut61

Post by KleenCut61 »

Thank you ! ::handshake:: With only 5 Left They Refused to sell to my address .. ::bad_day:: K.C. ::teary_eyes::
XX Case XX

Post by XX Case XX »

KleenCut61 wrote:Thank you ! ::handshake:: With only 5 Left They Refused to sell to my address .. ::bad_day:: K.C. ::teary_eyes::
Right here Brother...https://www.ebay.com/itm/Kizer-Dukes-Va ... kizer.TRS1

_________
Mike
"If there are no Dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went". Will Rogers

I work hard so my Dog can have a better life...
KleenCut61

Post by KleenCut61 »

XX Case XX wrote:
KleenCut61 wrote:Thank you ! ::handshake:: With only 5 Left They Refused to sell to my address .. ::bad_day:: K.C. ::teary_eyes::
Right here Brother...https://www.ebay.com/itm/Kizer-Dukes-Va ... kizer.TRS1

_________
Mike
::ds:: ::handshake:: Got One .. Snagged 1 of 2 . ::tu:: Thinking of all kinds of ways to get one , U no Trick the Po , Amazon whom ever :lol: Right On Brother . ::nod:: _ K.C.
colin.p

Post by colin.p »

Nice knife. Unfortunately I don't think that model is available up here. However, I bought a Sliver a couple months ago and it is a very nice knife (albeit a rather slim design that makes it somewhat a challenge for my old arthritic hands to hold on to).

I had to order a new clip from Kizer, as I broke the original clip trying to bend it. Took about a month to get it from China.

Return to “Modern Tactical Knives”