U.S & German World War I & II Military Knives

A place to discuss & share pictures of military related knives and tools. Conversation relating to objects of war and peace from all eras welcome.
AC Man

Re: U.S & German World War I & II Military Knives

Post by AC Man »

Ok, how is my question ? I didn’t get it thinking it was real but am curious on possibly it origin and why as some thought definitely went into making it. The D.R.P to me was an interesting add on a fake? No
Thx
AC
knife7knut

Post by knife7knut »

Posted this in the General Discussion forum and figured it would go here as well. A Robeson Shuredge Mk2 with original sheath. The blade is full and unfortunately some idiot decided a grinder was the way to sharpen it. Luckily the grind marks aren't too deep and are slowly being removed with the help of 220 grit wet-or-dry paper and Marvel Mystery Oil.I didn't have a Robeson in my accumulation and this one makes a nice addition;especially since it was only $10.
EDIT: Upon trying to do some research I am now questioning whether this knife is in fact a military item.Although it has all the appearance of a Mk2 the blade length is only 6 inches and I thought the Mk2's blades were at least 7 inches. It is stamped USA and not USN or USMC. Any thoughts on this? I'm not really well versed in military items.
Attachments
RobesonShuredgeMkIIwithSheath-$10 001.jpg
Adventure BEFORE Dementia!
EWMailman

Post by EWMailman »

Some items that were in an estate auction I recently conducted. Thought some of you may enjoy seeing them.
Attachments
DSC08893.JPG
DSC08889.JPG
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Nice SA Dagger and bayonet with frog/hanger. There's a missing shield on the dagger but from your picture it looks authentic. Lots of reproductions of this knife out there, both new and old.
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
EWMailman

Post by EWMailman »

They were brought back from Europe after the war by the deceased person. He had a lot of other really interesting war related items that provided an opportunity to learn some new things.
Mossdancer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mossdancer »

EWMailman :
You could do your knifing community a heck of a favor by letting it be known what the military knives at your auction sold for. There is such a fluctuation between real prices and those suggested by books and the net that determining what to list at is getting tougher by the week. If for some reason you decide not to show them that is okay also.
Thank you and God Bless,
moss
I STAND FOR OUR NATIONAL ANTHEM
EWMailman

Post by EWMailman »

Mossdancer: Being somewhat new ( 8 mo. ) to AAPK, I am not certain of when I may be and do not want to be guilty of crossing the bounds of propriety regarding content of posts. Since you asked, I will be more than happy to share that information.

*SA Dagger missing shield and button---$350.00

*K98 Bayonet and scabbard with matching serial numbers---$130.00

Hope this is helpful
Mossdancer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mossdancer »

Thanks: A bit low on the mauser Imo, The extras should have brought it up. Good price on the Dagger.
moss
I STAND FOR OUR NATIONAL ANTHEM
New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Location: I'm On The Far Right On The Left Coast In Commiefornia

Post by New_Windsor_NY »

Received this German WW2 pocket knife today. :D
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Kid: "Wish we had time to bury them fellas."
Josey Wales: "To hell with them fellas. Buzzards got to eat, same as worms."
Clint Eastwood-The Outlaw Josey Wales

Skip
Sonny-buck

Post by Sonny-buck »

This one brought back by my Dad from WWII. No sheath. The empty diamond shaped hole in the handle once held a red inset with a black swastkia. It fell out and was lost probably 50 years ago, dadgum it. 5” blade, total length 9”. Very well made. Can anybody point me to info on this model?
95F52A32-F5C9-4B87-A2D5-F1F0B614947E.jpeg
DD1ED693-4388-483A-AE21-DFDEBD87BD89.jpeg
Attachments
DAAB0508-E529-4BD3-B146-2B11916E22A6.jpeg
65B50E74-7389-46F4-AB67-F8309460B6F1.jpeg
9A39C81B-6A88-456C-84B4-96698767E15C.jpeg
youngrik29

Post by youngrik29 »

Sonny-buck wrote:This one brought back by my Dad from WWII. No sheath. The empty diamond shaped hole in the handle once held a red inset with a black swastkia. It fell out and was lost probably 50 years ago, dadgum it. 5” blade, total length 9”. Very well made. Can anybody point me to info on this model?
That is a Hitler Youth Knife. Below is a link to a site that I always find to be helpful for identification of military items of all nations (i.e., does not endorse or promote any ideology):

"The following markings were often found on the HJ weapons, especially the HJ Fuhrer daggers. They generally appeared above the RZM marking or the maker's mark with the RZM number below. They were indicative of the HJ Group Command in which the weapon was issued."

MilitaryItems.com
http://quanonline.com/military/military ... marks.html
Rockingkj
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Rockingkj »

Here is a Nicholes knife I owned for a short time. Was made during WW 2 but the man is it made for was in West Point and graduated after the war. Thus it does not have service number on it.
F999CD05-CD6A-4F0E-B740-B48FCF2420A5.jpeg
C8ACE672-8A22-4809-BD9F-D23CCDCD2E8C.jpeg
FCC3122E-F0E1-4D2E-82EA-2402ECBC8A66.jpeg
You can always get more money, good old knives are hard to find.
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

That Indian Head nickel pommel cap is very cool, thanks for posting this knife.

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
kfields

Post by kfields »

Here's a knife I picked up at a flea market in 2018. From the research I've done, it appears to be one of the aluminum handled knives made by the Barteau Brothers in Oregon. When I saw it, it looked pretty sad and beat, sitting on the vendors blanket on the ground. But I noticed there was a name on the blade (I like named stuff) so I paid the sellers price of $7.
Later that summer I pulled the records and found out that the original owner served aboard the USS Vestel during the war. I also wrote to the owner (found and address on the internet) and figured I wouldn't get a response as there would have been a good chance he was deceased or wouldn't care to respond. But he did respond! In his letter, he said he did purchase the knife but someone had stole it out of his garage in 1945-46 after he returned from the war. Crazy!! He didn't want the knife back either. He died later that same year at the age of 93.
So here's the knife and sheath:
Orth (6).jpg
Orth (3).JPG
Orth (4).JPG
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Pretty wild story, if only knives could talk. ::nod::

doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Excellent story.
ScoutKnives

Post by ScoutKnives »

Here is a pretty hard one to come by in unused condition . USMC Imperial WWII era I believe .

Thanks for looking ,
Mike
Attachments
11424039-6D64-4CA0-9CA2-8ABB5850A53E.png
FD2ECC44-90ED-4273-B1AE-9F82150C622B.jpeg
2195E4B9-C2B0-4DA8-BDE0-3F8315121599.jpeg
395B71E3-4282-4275-9715-3BAE3408417A.png
Always looking for Mint pre war scout knives
Miller Bro's
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Miller Bro's »

kfields wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:57 pm Here's a knife I picked up at a flea market in 2018. From the research I've done, it appears to be one of the aluminum handled knives made by the Barteau Brothers in Oregon. When I saw it, it looked pretty sad and beat, sitting on the vendors blanket on the ground. But I noticed there was a name on the blade (I like named stuff) so I paid the sellers price of $7.
Later that summer I pulled the records and found out that the original owner served aboard the USS Vestel during the war. I also wrote to the owner (found and address on the internet) and figured I wouldn't get a response as there would have been a good chance he was deceased or wouldn't care to respond. But he did respond! In his letter, he said he did purchase the knife but someone had stole it out of his garage in 1945-46 after he returned from the war. Crazy!! He didn't want the knife back either. He died later that same year at the age of 93.
So here's the knife and sheath:
Great knife and even better history ::tu::
AAPK Janitor
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

I forgot to post my most recent WWII pickup- the dog of all WWII fixed blades, the E.G.Waterman.
1000024185.jpg
More info on these thin splined knives, less than 1/8" thick-

https://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums ... man-knife/

This one has a 7 1/2" long blade, the leather rings handle. It was definitely a WWII fighting knife wannabe.

CarMan

Post by CarMan »

ScoutKnives wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:31 pm Here is a pretty hard one to come by in unused condition . USMC Imperial WWII era I believe .

Thanks for looking ,
Mike
That’s beautiful. I will have one for my collection someday. It probably won’t be unused though. Great knife.
kfields

Post by kfields »

ScoutKnives wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:31 pm Here is a pretty hard one to come by in unused condition . USMC Imperial WWII era I believe .

Thanks for looking ,
Mike
Great pocketknife Mike! I'm also on the lookout for one of those. Kim
kfields

Post by kfields »

Here is another knife I purchased at a local flea market. The reason I bought it is because it was also named. The seller was from Pennsylvania and said he bought it at an estate sale there also.
This field made knife is named on one side of the blade: "Harry Adriance Jr U.S.A. (I presume for Army)", and on the part where the blade meets the crossguard: "Jan.11, 1945". There is something etched on the otherside but can't make it out.
I researched Mr. Adriance from Mainsburg, PA and lucked out in that his Army records were part of that very small piece of records that did not get burned up in the 1973 St Louis fire. He served with Company C, 398th Inf Reg, 100th Division and figure that some enterprising soldier made the knife for him in Europe.
Adriance (2).jpg
Adriance (5).jpg
Adriance (4).jpg
Miller Bro's
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Miller Bro's »

1967redrider wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:15 pm I forgot to post my most recent WWII pickup- the dog of all WWII fixed blades, the E.G.Waterman.
Looks to be in great condition John ::tu:: 8)
AAPK Janitor
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Miller Bro's wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:45 am
1967redrider wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:15 pm I forgot to post my most recent WWII pickup- the dog of all WWII fixed blades, the E.G.Waterman.
Looks to be in great condition John ::tu:: 8)

Thanks, Dimitri. ::handshake::

Return to “Military Related Knives And Tools”