Amatuer customs

The place to show off and discuss factory manufactured knives customized with scrimshaw, inlays, file work, etc...
RWB

Amatuer customs

Post by RWB »

I'm no knife maker by far but I like to tinker. These were fun though and turned out fairly nice. One is an Olsen 4.75 in. blade that I bought at a pawn shop several years ago. It had the plastic stag grip. I re-handled it in cocobola with a pure silver guard and pommel. The other is a Camillus commercial, repro M4 bayonet. I aquired this at an auction several years ago. I have no use for a bayonet but really love the blade so I removed the pommel and guard and polished off the parkerizing. I made a new pommel and peened it on and made a nice sheath knife out of it. I made the sheaths out of horse butt leather. Really like this site since I found it. Lots of good info.
Attachments
20190111_184156.jpg
20190111_184909.jpg
Brumbydownunder

Re: Amatuer customs

Post by Brumbydownunder »

Nice Job .... on both knives and the sheaths ... the sheath for the bayonet caught my eye ... interesting keeper setup ::tu::
"Belong Where The Moment Finds You"
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

Nice job RBW, Welcome to AAPK! ::welcome::

I just put together a Camillus Mark II fighting knife from parts I got. Not a lot of creativity required, just assembly. :lol:
I do like the way you put together the M4. It looks great! ::tu::
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
RWB

Post by RWB »

Thanks both. I'm lookin for another fun project. I'll have to visit the pawn shops regularly and keep an eye out on ebay. I'm wantin to find another Solingen like the Olson
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Some pretty high praise so far. I agree, those look great. ::nod::
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Both very nice, but the old bayonet is outstanding. I also like the idea of shell sheaths. Very high class.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
Delmar Morgan

Post by Delmar Morgan »

Good job!! ::tu::
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Very nice work restoring them! I really like the bowie, cocobola goes really well with this knife. Great job man!
"Never, never, never give up."
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:34
RWB

Post by RWB »

Thanks again. I notice that there are others who get a kick out of "improving", repairing or customizing maker knives. When I do it, it's strictly for fun.
Doc B

Post by Doc B »

RWB wrote:Thanks again. I notice that there are others who get a kick out of "improving", repairing or customizing maker knives. When I do it, it's strictly for fun.
Sweet! Also, those who get a kick out of seeing improved, repaired or customized! Welcome to the site!
Heretical Refurb / Mods of cheap old folders, since late 2018
samb1955

Post by samb1955 »

Those look great, keep it up and you'll only get better.

Return to “Customized Factory Knives”