Old timers

This forum is for the straight razor collectors among us. Please stop by and share your knowledge, show off your razors, ask questions, or just look around.
Owd Wullie

Re: Old timers

Post by Owd Wullie »

Brian Flowers wrote:The big one , at 3 ounces , also known as a " Chopper " with the curved notch at the end of the blade , known as a " Barbers Notch "
is Pre 1891 if it does NOT have the word Germany on the tang . I collect straights , some 100 plus or so . I have several W & Bs ,
all are " Pre " 1891 . if its to heavy for you we can always add it to my collection and i will handle the weight issue for you, nudge , nudge , wink , wink.
jus sayin
Brian
That's a nice crowd. I got naught but maybe 20.

Measure mine by the pound now, doesn't upset the wife so much. Quit buying a year or so back. Got a 50 day rotation yet end up going back to the same old 3 or 4. 10/8s down to 4/8's Late 18th C stub tails to early 20th C full hollows.
Member of The West Texas Chapter Of Gun Ownin', Pickup Truck Drivin', Jingoistic, Right Wing, History Changin', Huge Carbon Footprint Leavin' Conspirators.
RobesonsRme.com

Post by RobesonsRme.com »

Willie, you still have two living in absenteeism here in Birmingham. ::facepalm::

I really do need to get them back to you.

Charlie Noyes
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

"...Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons ___but they are helpless against our prayers. "

Sidlow Baxter
carrmillus
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by carrmillus »

...sure wish I could get some info on the one I have, it's a MONARCH, according to GOIN'S, it was made in 1888-1892, so it would have been my great-grandfathers razor. my grand dad and father both shaved with it, and I actually tried once, but I ran out of band-aids, so I quit!!!....... ::facepalm:: ...............
Owd Wullie

Post by Owd Wullie »

RobesonsRme.com wrote:Willie, you still have two living in absenteeism here in Birmingham. ::facepalm::

I really do need to get them back to you.

Charlie Noyes
Sent you a message. :)
Member of The West Texas Chapter Of Gun Ownin', Pickup Truck Drivin', Jingoistic, Right Wing, History Changin', Huge Carbon Footprint Leavin' Conspirators.

Return to “Straight Razor Collector's Forum”