Re: Free to a good home

Enter our knife drawings here.
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

DSC01442.JPG
DSC01440.JPG
I am in.. Not my first car but the first I completely built from ground up!!!
John :)
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

Wow! Someone who's taken their own advice 'bout gettin' off the porch once in a while!!
Very nice, John! :D
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Old Hunter wrote:My first vehicle was a 1968 Chevy C20, straight six and three on the column. I bought it used from my Dad when I finished OCS and was heading to APG MD for ORD C OBC in 1976. Dad had used it for camping and pulling his boat, he bought a new one. I have a picture somewhere but I don’t know where it is - here is an advertisement I found on the internet, right color too. OH
A buddy of mine had a 67 1 ton Chevy flat bed with a 250 straight 6 and 4 in the floor. It wasn’t a speed demon by any means, but I’ve ridden with him many a times as he pulled a 24’ flatbed trailer loaded with a 4020 John Deere and a 3600 Ford tractor up and down these hills.

Those old straight 6 motors were bosses.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

jmh58 wrote:DSC01442.JPGDSC01440.JPG

::tu:: Very cool John!
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Thank You Steve and Wade.. ::handshake::

Doc B

Post by Doc B »

Sweet! Is there a drawing for that? :D
Heretical Refurb / Mods of cheap old folders, since late 2018
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Doc B wrote:

Sweet! Is there a drawing for that? :D
Thank You Doc.. :lol: :lol: :lol:
John

doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Great car John. Are there others you have built? Great job.
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

doglegg wrote:Great car John. Are there others you have built? Great job.
DSC01495.JPG
DSC01496.JPG
Thank You Floyd.. My sons 1950 Chevy Fleetline.. He did a lot of work with me.. We did not do the body/paint work on either car.. Well.. We did do some BW on the 50.. Lots of sanding!!! :lol: :lol:

doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Both fabulous cars John! ::tu:: ::tu::
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

doglegg wrote:Both fabulous cars John! ::tu:: ::tu::
Thank You Floyd.. ::handshake::

S2K

Post by S2K »

Great pictures folks! Jerry, you have that 442 backed up against the trailer to prevent theft, not to tow it, right? 8)

Not mine, but my first car, an '84 VW GTI. All of 90hp (Europe got 110) but a real lightweight made it fun to toss into corners. The non-assisted rack and pinion steering had the best I've experienced.
Attachments
volkswagen_rabbit_gti_3.jpeg
T.J.
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

S2K wrote:Great pictures folks! Jerry, you have that 442 backed up against the trailer to prevent theft, not to tow it, right? 8)
I'm afraid that's not the case. We decided to go on vacation and towed that rented trailer out to Yellowstone and back. On the way out, we got as far as Rapid City, SD and had to have air shocks installed on it. Got 6-8 mpg towing the trailer.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
S2K

Post by S2K »

Great story Jerry.

BTW forgot to say 'Im in'
T.J.
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

S2K wrote:Great story Jerry.

BTW forgot to say 'Im in'
::tu:: Good catch :)
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

Twhite

Post by Twhite »

Steve I’m in.

Here is my dream car I built 20 years ago. Had to sell it to feed the family 10 years ago.

It is a 1972 Datsun 510 with a long rod 2 liter naturally aspirated with duel Makuni’s producing 200 hp and 200 ft torque. There is a 260z 5 speed full cage and fully adjustable suspension. It weighed in at 1900 lbs full of fuel. I did all of the fab and suspension. Had the motor and body work done. I started from just a shell.

Old school fun. Man could it carve up the canyons. This is the only car I miss.

Tom
Attachments
F53A4FF6-1A53-4EA9-8190-D4FD3F95F113.jpeg
6E29A254-1201-4475-B73B-3B1EB07FF240.jpeg
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

Twhite wrote:Steve I’m in.

Here is my dream car I built 20 years ago. Had to sell it to feed the family 10 years ago.

It is a 1972 Datsun 510 with a long rod 2 liter naturally aspirated with duel Makuni’s producing 200 hp and 200 ft torque. There is a 260z 5 speed full cage and fully adjustable suspension. It weighed in at 1900 lbs full of fuel. I did all of the fab and suspension. Had the motor and body work done. I started from just a shell.

Tom
Tom, you have great tastes in cars, those were some kinda wonderful. I have wanted a 240Z forever. Now I’m to old and crippled to get in one. But that 510 I think I could still handle.
SSk
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
Twhite

Post by Twhite »

Sharpnshinyknives wrote:

Tom
Tom, you have great tastes in cars, those were some kinda wonderful. I have wanted a 240Z forever. Now I’m to old and crippled to get in one. But that 510 I think I could still handle.
SSk
I too would love to get a 240Z. The 510 was a great ride. One day, one day
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Twhite wrote:
Sharpnshinyknives wrote:

Tom
SSk
I too would love to get a 240Z. The 510 was a great ride. One day, one day
Or as we called 'em back in the day, a 24 Ounce'er.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

Note to all the members who clicked on the link that was embedded in the first post of this thread:
We had a report from one of our members that when he clicked on the link it begin downloading malware onto his computer. Fortunately his antivirus/anti-malware software stopped it.

If you clicked on that original link, you might want to make sure your antivirus and anti-malware is updated and working properly, it and make sure that something is not been down a loaded on your PC.

In order to reduce our member’s exposure to the malware, I deleted the first post in this thread. I am leaving the rest of the thread up so that those who may have clicked on the link can receive the warning, besides there’s some cool car pictures in here!

If you notice your computer being sluggish or anything else suspicious, you may want to check into some anti-malware software.

Dale
AAPK Administrator

(JerryD, I had a 69 Cutlass, two-door, with an automatic transmission. Couldn’t get it to do over 140.)
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
S2K

Post by S2K »

Thanks for this update Dale. Can you remind us where the link purportedly went to?
T.J.
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

Sorry I don't know that, I was on my phone when I got the notification of the reported post and I wasn't able to get to my PC to save a copy of the post. I don't know enough about this phone yet to save a copy on it.
Dale
AAPK Administrator

treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Thanks, Dale! We use the Webroot antivirus and it showed something had been detected. I followed the prompts and it did its' thing and I guess we are good for now. I hadn't noticed but the little icon gizmo for the anti-virus had turned red, apparently indicating a problem. After the scans the little symbol is back to green. :)
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

Thanks Dale. Sorry, but I had no idea. That was the site of choice by many on another forum I used to frequent. Used it for years and no one seemed to notice any issues. Oh, well. Glad you noticed it took care of it.

Any way to get the original post back sans link, with an edit to say I'll be having my wife draw a name out of a hat?
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

Steve Warden wrote:Thanks Dale. Sorry, but I had no idea. That was the site of choice by many on another forum I used to frequent. Used it for years and no one seemed to notice any issues. Oh, well. Glad you noticed it took care of it.

Any way to get the original post back sans link, with an edit to say I'll be having my wife draw a name out of a hat?
As regards the other site, I would imagine it was recently infected with the malware link, very possibly after you had posted the link here.
I'm not sure how all that works, I am not a computer whiz by any stretch of the imagination. Fortunately the duties of an administrator on AAPK don't require that you be a computer genius, barely competence is about where I would put my skills level. :mrgreen: ::facepalm::

I suspect that the site was infected, perhaps hacked and the malware installed probably after you had posted the link. I certainly didn't think you had knowingly posted an infected link. Your reputation on AAPK is far better than that! ::tu:: ::nod::

One of our members, I don't remember who, reported the post when his anti-malware software alerted on the link in the post. That was exactly the proper thing to do! I do appreciate when we get alerts on problematic posts. Usually it's something far less serious so that's why I acted so quickly, perhaps hastily on that post, because I did not want an infection spreading around AAPK or our members.
Because I was not at my computer when I got the notice, and unable to get to my computer right then, I merely deleted the post, and there is no way to recover that, unless someone copied it.
If I had been on my computer with a few more tools then my phone as I could have inactivated the link, or at least removed it.
My suggestion would be that you redo the post as best as you can recall what it said and we will just go from there.
I'm sorry to mess up such a good topic that everybody seemed to be having so much fun with, hopefully you can remember most of what you said and everyone can carry on from the new post.
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Return to “AAPK Knife Giveaways”