Case Bros Little Valley Trapper

A place to discuss & share pictures of counterfeit knives. Please be sure to alert the AAPK community if you spot one. Also make sure to ask questions if you are not certain about the authenticity of a knife you are considering buying or selling. There are plenty of great people here willing to help.
RalphAlsip

Case Bros Little Valley Trapper

Post by RalphAlsip »

Here is another one on eBay that does not look right to me. I think it is meant to be a 54 Trapper pattern, however the 54 in that era is not on the same frame as the Tested and XX era trappers. A lettered bomb shield on a Little Valley knife would be highly unusual (if not outright wrong). Also I don't recall seeing the lettering on a bomb shield being engraved (vs. raised letter). Futhermore, I don't recall seeing a bomb shield with the engraved oval inside it. The bone and the jigging look off. The size of the tang on the muskrat primary is too large and the Case Bros Little Valley NY mark also looks off.
::td:: ::td::

https://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-VERY-NICE ... 2222411614
Attachments
CB LV Trapper #1.jpg
CB LV Trapper #2.jpg
CB LV Trapper #3.jpg
alabama

Re: Case Bros Little Valley Trapper

Post by alabama »

Pakistan factory counterfeit
peanut740
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by peanut740 »

Nothing about that knife is correct. ::td::
Roger
stockman
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by stockman »

Whata Joke

Harold
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Pathetic. And the seller is asking a small fortune for it too! ::barf:: In addition to all that Jerry has pointed out, note that the nail nick on the spay is hidden by the clip blade - would be very difficult to access. No legitimate old (or new) Case would ever be made like that!

Ken
Attachments
B5B85E8D-537C-4445-A861-8531B44CE717.jpeg
B5B85E8D-537C-4445-A861-8531B44CE717.jpeg (20.5 KiB) Viewed 2356 times
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
just bob

Post by just bob »

Mumbleypeg wrote:Pathetic. And the seller is asking a small fortune for it too! ::barf:: In addition to all that Jerry has pointed out, note that the nail nick on the spay is hidden by the clip blade - would be very difficult to access. No legitimate old (or new) Case would ever be made like that!

Ken

Really? This is an old Case XX trapper that is laying on the desk and I think straighter than one of William Tell's arrows and clearly the nail nick on the spay blade is hidden behind the master blade. Pretty sure I have seen this same thing on dozens of other knives. Doesn't it just have to do with the uneven wear of the kick on each blade and nothing at all to do with it being counterfeit?
Attachments
a 1.JPG
a 2.JPG
“The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.” (Paulo Coelho)

Men make plans and God laughs

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
jlw257

Post by jlw257 »

Bob, I understand what you’re saying about the nail nick but the knife in question is a fake and will always be a fake ::td:: ::td::
Here’s a a Tested 6254 and the knife should look like it.
Attachments
67C03D71-D9DA-4E63-A5F4-40EE2EDEB839.jpeg
Larry W

Happiness is looking for XX Case Red Stag Knives
just bob

Post by just bob »

jlw257 wrote:Bob, I understand what you’re saying about the nail nick but the knife in question is a fake and will always be a fake ::td:: ::td::
Here’s a a Tested 6254 and the knife should look like it.
I understand and agree about the knife in the OP. My comment is about using the location of the nail nick on the spay blade to determine authenticity as stated in a previous post.
“The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.” (Paulo Coelho)

Men make plans and God laughs

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
jlw257

Post by jlw257 »

I contacted the seller and he told me that his advisers said it was real.
He must have use his 2 year old Grandson for a advisor ::td:: ::td::
Larry W

Happiness is looking for XX Case Red Stag Knives

Return to “Counterfeit Watch”