I just "bit" on a Condor Axe & Tools Tomahawk.

A place to discuss & share pictures of military related knives and tools. Conversation relating to objects of war and peace from all eras welcome.
Captain O

I just "bit" on a Condor Axe & Tools Tomahawk.

Post by Captain O »

Amazon had it on sale for $59.90 and I have been considering buying a 'hawk as a "supplement" for my Cold Steel Smatchet. I couldn't afford a Boker Smatchet Much as I wanted one, I couldn't pony up the $400.00 for the beautiful piece of steel.

The Condor Axe & Tools Tomahawk is a beautiful piece of 1075 Carbon steel with a nice "beard' coupled with a great piercing second bit. The handle is wrapped in paracord and the hawk seems to be a modern version of the Vietnam Tomahawk without the oak handle. As an anti-personnel 'hawk, this should be effective. I expect a long life of use from this "well-tempered beast". (I did my homework before jumping on this one).

If you want a tomahawk that will be useful for a variety of purposes, this one is worth a look.
cottage hill bill

Re: I just "bit" on a Condor Axe & Tools Tomahawk.

Post by cottage hill bill »

Your post made me take a look at the Cold Steel Smatchet. Since my collecting is strictly military I don't keep up much with the civilian stuff. It looks like they got it right. I have an original smatchet and frankly the grip is about a comfortable as grabbing a 2X4. To me the US M1910 or M1917CT bolos are a better tool for the purpose even though the blade is smaller. It looks like Cold Steel married the smatchet blade to the M1910 grip. Should be just the ticket.
Captain O

Post by Captain O »

If you buy an Atlantic Cutlery Replica Smatchet you can round off the corners of the handle scales, and obtain a better grip. A good Tomahawk will make a great offensive/defensive piece of steel. (The Condor Axe & Tools CTK4057C14.4 is "all business" and a good bet for the money). ::tu::
Captain O

Post by Captain O »

I received the Condor Tomahawk Axe and it is sharp! The 1075 High Carbon Steel blade is robust, yet relatively lightweight. After a few swings, I realized that it is easy to change directions during mid-stroke. (That's a plus in the heat of CQB). The spike is a mean SOB and can puncture a skull in less time than it takes to tell. The "beard" of the blade edge is dramatically pointed and useful for "hooking" a goblin's jugular vein. You can disable your opponent by slicing and/or hooking an arm. This 'hawk can do it very quickly!

Believe me when I tell you that in trained hands, it will beat many other impact weapons. When you are fighting for your life, you need every advantage you can get. In the immortal words of the great Bill Jordan "there are no second-place winners" when you are fighting for your life.

It only has what is needed to get the job done. Power, speed, edge-holding capability, and utility. This one has it all. This 'hawk is worth "the price of admission".

If you are in the market for a "long-term" tomahawk, it is more than worth a look.

I like it. This tomahawk is a great deal.

Return to “Military Related Knives And Tools”