Need Rear Handle for Case 6318

Stop in hear to look for parts, parts knives, tools, materials, and other items for knife making & repair. Post pictures and descriptions of your extra stuff, ask if anyone has something you're looking to find and more.
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Need Rear Handle for Case 6318

Post by orvet »

Hi guys,
I am looking for the rear scale/bone handle whatever you call it for this case knife. I believe it is a 6318 but I have no idea what they called this handle color. I don't know if this is Appaloosa bone or what it is called, but I would like to repair the knife with a handle that matches, or relatively close to the front handle.

Offering trade; parts – handles – ?
Also have cash...

Thank you,
Dale
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
Landersknives

Re: Need Rear Handle for Case 6318

Post by Landersknives »

orvet wrote:Hi guys,
I am looking for the rear scale/bone handle whatever you call it for this case knife. I believe it is a 6318 but I have no idea what they called this handle color. I don't know if this is Appaloosa bone or what it is called, but I would like to repair the knife with a handle that matches, or relatively close to the front handle.

Offering trade; parts – handles – ?
Also have cash...

Thank you,
Dale
Do you have a picture of the knife my friend? I will look through my 18 pattern parts.
Ed
“No brag just fact”
Walter Brennan
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

::dang:: ::dang:: ::dang:: ::dang:: I can't believe I forgot the pics! ::dang:: ::dang:: ::dang:: ::dang::

Case 6318 a.jpg
Case 6318 b.jpg
The knife is 3 1/2" closed and the scale itself is about 2 1/2".

Thank you for reminding me Ed. That is what I get for sleep posting! ::facepalm:: :oops:
Dale
AAPK Administrator

jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Wowser. Finding a matching cover is going to be a toughie. JMO but at some point, the owner is going to have to bite the bullet and go with new handles for both sides.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
just bob

Post by just bob »

Dale I think I have found you one that matches almost perfectly. BTW when I was looking for this found a bag of Schrade parts I didn't know I had so I will send you some other stuff in payment for the handles you sent me. Post us a pic when you get the knife done. Thank you for all of the time and effort you put into your posts.
Attachments
a 1.JPG
“The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.” (Paulo Coelho)

Men make plans and God laughs

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

To quote Bob's sig line.
"Oftentimes it is better to remain silent on a certain subject and appear ignorant than it is to speak and remove all doubt. A. Lincoln"

Hmmpf. Shows what I know. Open mouth, insert foot. ::dang:: ::facepalm::

Bob, good for you. ::clapping:: ::clapping::
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

Thank you Bob! ::tu::
I appreciate the handle and the bag of parts. The more parts I collect the more I find them coming in handy. I guess there is a logical mathematical component to that , the more "stuff" you have the more likely you are to have the right "thing," but lately but I seem to have all the "right things," thanks in large part to Bob in particular, and other folks like him who send me boxes of Schrade parts from time to time!

Jerry, thank you for your effervescent personality, you always cheer up my day! That's why everyone loves to read your posts! ::nod::
Dale
AAPK Administrator

donjr

Post by donjr »

Dale,
This is Don in Tennessee, I have one that is a Very Close Match as well. You are welcome to have it. Just PM me with your mailing address. Hope to see you at the OKCA show. Don
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

Thank you Don, but I only need one. If something should happen with Bob's, I will let you know. I certainly do appreciate the offer!
I am certainly hoping to be at the show, that's why I'm spending so much time in the shop these days. Please do stop by and say "Howdy!" I'm not sure yet if we are going to be able to get together on Saturday night this year or not. The Chinese restaurant we went to last time closed all have to check with Bernard or Dennis and see if they have any recommendations for good Chinese food.

Were you at last year's show Don? We did have kind of an impromptu dinner at a Korean restaurant that was very good, a Korean barbecue as I recall. I would definitely go back there again, multiple times :mrgreen: The food was excellent they just didn't have a lot of seating for people, but we had a smaller group of about 10-12 people as I recall. The last time we went to the Chinese restaurant I think we had 18 AAPK members plus family members. Phil was there maybe he remembers. I think my remember-er is broken. ::facepalm::

I look forward to seeing you, and all the other AAPK members!
Dale
AAPK Administrator

donjr

Post by donjr »

Yes, I was there with my Son and Grandson, you Prayed with me about my upcoming biopsy, which in turn, turned out to be negative. Thank you again for your Prayer! I needed it and Very Much Appreciated it!! Hope to see you there! Don
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

Of course! Now I remember. That show gets so busy at times it's difficult for me to remember all the faces I've seen after three days at the show. But I do remember praying for you. Praise the Lord for answered prayers!

I'm looking forward to seeing you this year! Are your son and grandson coming with you this year also?
Dale
AAPK Administrator

donjr

Post by donjr »

Maybe,
Turkey season opens on the 15th in Washington State, so we have not decided which we want to do, the show or hunt. I will leave it up to my Grandson to decide. If we do come to the show, we will for sure stop by and say Hey!! Take Care! and have a Blessed Day! Don

Return to “Knife Mechanic's Swap Forum”