Who's into S & M?

Schatt & Morgan knives were first manufacturer back in 1890. The Queen Cutlery company made most of the more recent examples, but Schatt had its own plant in its earlier years that cranked out the oldies. There is no shortage of fantastic Schatt & Morgan knives in existance that have been made over the brand's long & storied history.
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Who's into S & M?

Post by jerryd6818 »

The C & W in the diamond makes me wonder if it wasn't a SFO. It is a beauty alright.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

Thanks, gents. Appreciate the positive comments.

jerryd--I'm sure you are correct about it being an SFO. I remember reading what the C & W stood for at the time I bought it, but for some reason that information did not get saved my hard copy paper files and I can't seem to access it in my overloaded cranial memory banks.

This S&M #69 Barlow is unusual enough just for having a Wharncliffe blade--don't see too many Wharncliffe Barlows...Sheepfoot, yes, but not Wharnies--hats off to the DFC for that brilliant idea (or is this Queen's answer to the GEC #77?); and, it's also got some most unusual stag handle scales as well...Gnarly, indeed! It's kind of amazing that someone was able to squeeze a keystone shield in all those bumps & knobs.
P9020028.JPG
P9020029.JPG
P9020031.JPG
P9020032.JPG
P9020030.JPG
~Q~
We are all just prisoners here of our own device.
In the master's chamber they gather for the feast.
They stab it with their steely knives but they just can't kill the beast.
(Eagles: Hotel California)

~Q~
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Ooooh. Daddy like.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Open Range-19
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Open Range-19 »

QTCut5,
Very nice stag Barlow, indeed. ::tu::
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

I already had one of these Premier 51s, but when I saw the other one for sale I just couldn't resist.
P5190003.JPG
~Q~

~Q~
Onearmbladejunkie

Post by Onearmbladejunkie »

I pick up this S&M knife that was made in New York.
Q-043081-Schatt-and-Morgan-Lockback-Humpback-Whittler.jpg
kennedy knives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by kennedy knives »

Nice ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu::
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

OABJ, that is a pretty knice whittler. I'm partial to that amber bone. Great pick up. ::nod:: ::tu::
carrmillus
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by carrmillus »

...I have it's twin brother for sale!!........... ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu:: ..............
carrmillus
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by carrmillus »

......$160.00, including shipping!!!......... ::tu:: ..............
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Don't budge on that price carrmillus ::nod::
To nice of a knife to let go for cheap. If they want em', they pay em'. :mrgreen:
Good stuff ::tu::
"Never, never, never give up."
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:34
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

For you S&M lovers , I am adding some really prime Schatt and Morgan’s to my store. Just getting started. I have listed just 7 so far. Look for another 33 more this week. For any Doctor’s knife collectors, I have 4 pearl handled ones that are just over the top gorgeous yet to be listed.
SSk
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

::tu::
They look reaaaaaaaaaaaly nice!
Just trying to pickup a couple of Queen 76 tangs off the bay right now. And a new guitar amp next week. ::facepalm::
:lol:
After that i'll have a good think ::nod::
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Doc B

Post by Doc B »

I don't know where to start on this...this new arrival required it's own "special photo". Being a relatively recent convert to the Camillus 72 pattern...I saw this Schatt and Morgan whittler on "the bay". I ended of winning it. It is my one and only S&M. As I was checking out, through Paypal, up popped Ivoryman, in the payment information. Seeing the knife was coming from Seattle...I "put 2 & 2 together" and PM'd to find out, yes this was our own AAPK Ivoryman. I had no idea it was one of his knives; however, it makes it that much more special...knowing it came from a "stable" of amazing knives. The knife is one of those that truly looks better in hand, than the pictures revealed. But what really took it "over the top" was Ivoryman's bomb...a personally carved walrus tooth, not normally included in his packages. I'm honored to have these two pieces as highlights in my meager collection. Thanks SOOOO much Ivoryman...these are special!!!
IMG_1380.jpg
Heretical Refurb / Mods of cheap old folders, since late 2018
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

[quote="Doc B"]I don't know where to start on this...this new arrival required it's own "special photo". Being a relatively recent convert to the Camillus 72 pattern...I saw this Schatt and Morgan whittler on "the bay". I ended of winning it. It is my one and only S&M. As I was checking out, through Paypal, up popped Ivoryman, in the payment information. Seeing the knife was coming from Seattle...I "put 2 & 2 together" and PM'd to find out, yes this was our own AAPK Ivoryman. I had no idea it was one of his knives; however, it makes it that much more special...knowing it came from a "stable" of amazing knives. The knife is one of those that truly looks better in hand, than the pictures revealed. But what really took it "over the top" was Ivoryman's bomb...a personally carved walrus tooth, not normally included in his packages. I'm honored to have these two pieces as highlights in my meager collection. Thanks SOOOO much Ivoryman...these are special!!!
IMG_1380.jpg[/quote

Doc, that is a gorgeous knife. I have a new appreciation for S&M knives going through this collection I bought. They are incredibly well made. I like the color of this bone on this one. That carved tooth is pretty cool too.
SSk
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Doc you have a really great knife there. Pattern, handle, model, all top notch. As you stated if it is from Ivory Man you know it will be special. And the little carving is over the top!! It excites me just listening to your excitement. Congratulations!!! ::ds:: ::ds::
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Just saw it now Doc. Sweeeeet S&M! And the carved head is just as good. Lovely stuff ::nod:: ::tu::
Coming in the mail,
Queen 1981 dealer catalog for $40.
Queen City heavy duty jack for $68.50
Queen 1976 #3 pen for $33.50
What you think guys? Did good?
Attachments
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1601.jpg
s-l1604.jpg
s-l1607.jpg
s-l1608.jpg
s-l1609.jpg
s-l1610.jpg
Queen 76 #3 Pen Winterbottom 001.jpg
Queen 76 #3 Pen Winterbottom 003.jpg
Queen 76 #3 Pen Winterbottom 002.jpg
Winston Churchill

QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

Finally pulled the trigger on this Large Folding Hunter 041983 as I slowly but steadily collect my favorite S&M Keystone Series 1 patterns from 1991. At 5 3/8" closed it's by far the biggest folder in my collection. Loved the bones but wasn't sure I would like the humongous size. But, I actually like the heft and balance of this gargantuan folder. And, just like the other S&M Series 1 knives in my collection, the craftsmanship, fit and finish, etc., is top shelf all the way. No regrets here.
P6120023.JPG
P6120020.JPG
P6120024.JPG
P6120016.JPG
P6120015.JPG
1991 Keystone Series 1 Family Portrait
P6120007.JPG
P6120009.JPG
~Q~

~Q~
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Sweeeeeeeeeet!
Very lovely collection. Bone on these are perfect.
All together very very nice knives!
Winston Churchill

kennedy knives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by kennedy knives »

Picked up a Nice Red Stag Long Pull, Polished Spear Point Schatt & Morgan Looks as good or better than a Northwoods or GEC
2013 one of 400 Model # 061222
Attachments
Schatt & Morgan
Schatt & Morgan
Case Barlows ,Victory & S&M 079.JPG
Case Barlows ,Victory & S&M 080.JPG
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

QT and Kennedy K, those S&Ms are outstanding. At their best, like these, S&M imho made the premier American traditional knives.
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

kennedy knives wrote:Picked up a Nice Red Stag Long Pull, Polished Spear Point Schatt & Morgan Looks as good or better than a Northwoods or GEC
That's a beauty, Gary.
From your photos it looks to be right around 3.5" which is my preferred size.
Is that one going into your personal collection, or will it be showing up in your store sometime soon?

~Q~
kennedy knives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by kennedy knives »

QTCut5 wrote:
kennedy knives wrote:Picked up a Nice Red Stag Long Pull, Polished Spear Point Schatt & Morgan Looks as good or better than a Northwoods or GEC
That's a beauty, Gary.
From your photos it looks to be right around 3.5" which is my preferred size.
Is that one going into your personal collection, or will it be showing up in your store sometime soon?
Haven't made up my mind on this one it's pretty
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu::
Real beauty Gary! You said is QS!!
Winston Churchill

bdev

Post by bdev »

Great Knife. I have one and it's the only S&M I've kept after selling off my collection.
It's called the Keystone Jack and the handle material is called Mahogany Burnt Stag. 420 steel.
S&M Keystone Jack (1).JPG
S&M Keystone Jack (2).JPG
Queen City. My favorite! Bruno. ::tu::

Return to “Schatt & Morgan Knife Collector's Forum”