AK47 Bayonet?

A place to discuss & share pictures of military related knives and tools. Conversation relating to objects of war and peace from all eras welcome.
cody6268

AK47 Bayonet?

Post by cody6268 »

I see a lot of AK-47 bayonets, usually from Yugoslavia for not a whole lot of money. Been considering getting one to mess with, but I'm afraid these are crap. I had a two blade folding knife (actually, still do) made in the Soviet Union, and it was one of the worst knives I've ever owned. Anyone have any experience with them? I know it was the design that inspired our M-9.
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: AK47 Bayonet?

Post by edge213 »

cody6268 wrote:I see a lot of AK-47 bayonets, usually from Yugoslavia for not a whole lot of money. Been considering getting one to mess with, but I'm afraid these are crap. I had a two blade folding knife (actually, still do) made in the Soviet Union, and it was one of the worst knives I've ever owned. Anyone have any experience with them? I know it was the design that inspired our M-9.
I too would like to know about these.
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
Eustace

Post by Eustace »

cody6268 wrote: Anyone have any experience with them?
I have one and a half year experience :D Both with AK47 and with AK74. What are you going to use, actually?
Keep in mind that the requirements for a bayonet are something very different from the requirements of a knife.
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

Mostly for the collection, but I plan to try using it a bit as a general utility knife. I also am pretty curious about the wire cutter.
Eustace

Post by Eustace »

You're talking about a bayonet for АКМ and AK74 - bayonet model 6X4. It's strong (in Bulgaria we have the word "foolproof"), but cutting properties is nothing special. Yes, cut fences and barbed wire. It is not the most convenient tool, but it works.
Keep in mind that this bayonet has been produced in many countries - Bulgaria, GDR, Egypt, Iraq, Iran, China, Poland, Romania and Yugoslavia. My observations are only for those produced in Bulgaria.
How much does this bayonet in the US?
Eustace

Post by Eustace »

In the moment I'm looking Forged in fire, the episode they make a bayonet :lol:
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

Eustace wrote:You're talking about a bayonet for АКМ and AK74 - bayonet model 6X4. It's strong (in Bulgaria we have the word "foolproof"), but cutting properties is nothing special. Yes, cut fences and barbed wire. It is not the most convenient tool, but it works.
Keep in mind that this bayonet has been produced in many countries - Bulgaria, GDR, Egypt, Iraq, Iran, China, Poland, Romania and Yugoslavia. My observations are only for those produced in Bulgaria.
How much does this bayonet in the US?
Through most of the places I have seen, between $30 and $50.
Eustace

Post by Eustace »

The same prices here:
https://balkan.auction/en/auction/4037570
60lv=35$

Return to “Military Related Knives And Tools”