H.OSMAN & Co BOWIE

This forum is for discussing and sharing pictures of anything that relates to fixed blade knives.
Unclebob

H.OSMAN & Co BOWIE

Post by Unclebob »

Picked this old Bowie Knife up at the weekend. The blade is marked H. OSMAN & Co with CITY below. I cannot see any other markings. Any ideas on this one? 12 1/4" overall, with a 7 3/4" blade. Thanks.
Attachments
Osman Bowie 2.JPG
Osman Bowie 3.JPG
Doc B

Re: H.OSMAN & Co BOWIE

Post by Doc B »

I don't have any info on it...but I like it! Nice bone! ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu::
Heretical Refurb / Mods of cheap old folders, since late 2018
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Unclebob, don't know anything about it but it is certainly desirable. Love that ole long blade and the scales would be worth the price of the knife. ::tu::
steve99f

Post by steve99f »

Can't help with any information. Very sleek looking Bowie and the jigged bone handles are wonderful. I hope someone can provide some info on it for you.
steve99f
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

Great turn-of-the-century hunting knife! I think the handles might be stag rather than bone. Love your knife! ::tu::
knife7knut

Post by knife7knut »

This is pure speculation on my part but this stamping has me intrigued. I wonder if this possibly may have been a salesman's sample knife and the stamping indicated that you could put your place of business on that line.Just thinkin'.....
Whatever the case it is a very nice old bowie hunter probably from Germany.
Adventure BEFORE Dementia!
Unclebob

Post by Unclebob »

Thanks for all your insight and kind comments, as usual! Liked the salesmans sample suggestion. Searched for H. Osman online, but didn't come up with anything relevant.
MaSK

Post by MaSK »

Just looking up my mini-bowie and found this thread.
The H. Osman & Co, City knife seems to be an old brand, probably from the UK. I was gifted this knife by an ex-WW2 British Engineer turned carpenter in the late 1980's. The steel is very good and it takes and holds a fine edge. The handle looks like antler to me.

PSX_20220315_135506.jpg
Mike K
ken98k
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by ken98k »

MaSK wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 3:13 am Just looking up my mini-bowie and found this thread.
The H. Osman & Co, City knife seems to be an old brand, probably from the UK. I was gifted this knife by an ex-WW2 British Engineer turned carpenter in the late 1980's. The steel is very good and it takes and holds a fine edge. The handle looks like antler to me.

PSX_20220315_135506.jpg

Mike K
Nice! ::tu::
I am the NRA.
Let's go Brandon!

Return to “Fixed Blade Knives”