Seller responsibilities

Tell us how we are doing, report problems, voice your concerns, and all that stuff... All input is appreciated and will be taken into consideration.
Priscilla

Seller responsibilities

Post by Priscilla »

I have purchased several knives from AAPK with no problems whatsoever. That said, I usually hear from the seller within an hour. Yesterday, I purchased an expensive Case one of a kind proto knife and have not heard from the seller which feels alarming since I paid so much for the knife. How long does a buyer wait before concern is appropriate? If I never hear from him, how do I get my money back? I used PayPal. Can I use PayPal to get my money returned? I guess I’m being paranoid; however after about a dozen purchases over several months from responsible, fast acting sellers, this doesn’t feel good. Any advice?
Doc B

Re: Seller responsibilities

Post by Doc B »

Here is a recent thread, from a couple of days ago...that discuss a couple of possible scenarios. I will say...I'm not aware of many (any?) instances of sellers that use this forum to commit fraud. I'm not saying it hasn't; or can't, happen. I'm fairly confident the administrators would shut the seller down immediately, if you didn't get your knife. By the way...although this is a recent thread...I'm not aware of any other similar complaint, within recent memory. Probably a bit early to get too worried.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=62298
Heretical Refurb / Mods of cheap old folders, since late 2018
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

I understand but I suggest giving the seller more time to communicate. He/she might just be busy with other obligations or maybe they don't own a smart phone and aren't aware yet that the knife sold. Could be anything really.

In the unlikely event that you do need to file a claim with Paypal you can do so easily if you used the Goods & Services option. Friends & Family would be much more difficult because the transfer of funds is considered a gift.
Rick T.

"My knife money maketh itself wings!" mb>

Proud member of the Buck Collectors Club Inc.
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

Priscilla wrote:I have purchased several knives from AAPK with no problems whatsoever. That said, I usually hear from the seller within an hour. Yesterday, I purchased an expensive Case one of a kind proto knife and have not heard from the seller which feels alarming since I paid so much for the knife. How long does a buyer wait before concern is appropriate? If I never hear from him, how do I get my money back? I used PayPal. Can I use PayPal to get my money returned? I guess I’m being paranoid; however after about a dozen purchases over several months from responsible, fast acting sellers, this doesn’t feel good. Any advice?

Welcome to the forum. I hope you get a quick resolution to the issue. Rick said it, that through Paypal you can get your money back. This being the week after Memorial Day may play into it, as this is the start of a lot of people’s vacations and with the recent tornadoes and floods it could be anything. I would hope that any seller having problems or is away would notify one of the administrators here that they will be unavailable. So you might want to send a message to one of them and check.
Hang in there.
SSk
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
Priscilla

Post by Priscilla »

Thank you, gentlemen. I will definitely follow your advice and give much more time and patience to this transaction. I appreciate very much your responses, Railsplitter, SSK, and Doc B.
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

Hi Priscilla and welcome to AAPK.
I'm sorry the seller has not responded to you yet, sometimes it's difficult in the summer time with travel, kids and grand kids visiting and so forth to respond in a timely fashion. Sometimes purchases made on a weekend may go 48 hours before I respond and confirm the sale by email. I think that happened to someone last weekend because we were out of town for the holiday weekend.
Given the tornadoes and flooding in the Midwest and the fact that this is a weekend, I would encourage you to at least wait until Monday before being too worried.

I am an administrator here on AAPK. There are three of us who administer the forums, our authority DOES NOT extend to the stores; we have stores ourselves. Bryan personally administers the stores and he will definitely want to know if there is a problem.
If you will send me a private message this afternoon regarding this matter I will keep checking for it and forward your message to Bryan so that he is aware of the situation. He also may have insight regarding any health issues or weather-related issues with a particular seller. I believe you does have the information as to the owners physical address.

If you can forward me a copy of the invoice that was generated by the seller's store with a narrative expressing your concerns I will forward it to Brian and be sure that he is aware of it. We do not want a bad reputation for any AAPK seller, because it reflects on all of us in the long run. Bryan and I discussed issues like this prior to the new store format and I know Bryan will do everything in his power to get to the bottom of this.

Thank you,
Dale
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
Priscilla

Post by Priscilla »

Thank you for your response, Dale. Let’s give the seller more time. I probably jumped the gun with my concern, and I certainly don’t want to cause a blemish on anyone’s name, my own included.

I just got very spoiled by all my previous transactions on AAPK. I love the forums and the knowledge that’s shared and the stores, but most of all, I love the kindness, respect, and excellent manners of all who post here. If needed I will write to you in a few days.
Gratefully,
Priscilla
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Speaking in general, not in reference to O.P., i think cell phones have 'messed up' life. People can now receive and reply to messages regardless of where they are. The norm has become to reply immediately rather than reply when it fits in with whatever else you are doing or want to do.
When out and about cell phone activity removes your attention from the actual reality of your surroundings diminishing your experience of reality. Many times your experience of life is diminished not enhanced.
There are instances in which cell communication is important even life saving. The problem is not this capability, it is the expectation of immediate response that needs to change.
Don't let your life be run by the wants of others.
kj
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

kootenay joe wrote:Speaking in general, not in reference to O.P., i think cell phones have 'messed up' life. People can now receive and reply to messages regardless of where they are. The norm has become to reply immediately rather than reply when it fits in with whatever else you are doing or want to do.
When out and about cell phone activity removes your attention from the actual reality of your surroundings diminishing your experience of reality. Many times your experience of life is diminished not enhanced.
There are instances in which cell communication is important even life saving. The problem is not this capability, it is the expectation of immediate response that needs to change.
Don't let your life be run by the wants of others.
kj
A big “amen”. Having just spent over 6 hours riding in a car with three grandchildren under the age of 14, I can attest to the addictive nature of handheld electronics. These are kids whose parents limit them to one hour a day on-line, with strict controls regarding when and what they are allowed to do with their devices. But when they are using them they don’t care what else is taking place around them. ::facepalm::

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
Priscilla

Post by Priscilla »

All is well. My seller sent me a thank you email early this morning and mailed my weekend purchase late this afternoon. I really did jump the gun worrying coupled with having altogether unrealistic expectations regarding seller response time. Please accept my apologies for disturbing the tranquility of Sunday morning. I’d also like to thank all of you for your comments encouraging patience, wisdom, and faith in the AAPK membership. Each one of you taught me as well as supported me. Thank you and God bless you.
FRJ

Post by FRJ »

Priscilla wrote: Thank you and God bless you.
And bless you as well, Priscilla.

Would you consider showing pictures of your knife?
Joe

Return to “Suggestions, Questions, Comments, Concerns, Alerts, Etc...”