Northwoods Coolidge Jack

The Northwoods Knife brand name originated in Gladstone, Michigan when a man named Dave Shirley adopted it as his knife company's name in 2004. Dave was well known for collaborating with popular knife companies to have knives made to his specifications for resale well before 2004 & beyond. KnivesShipFree bought Northwoods from Dave & has continued to team up with respected makers to produce knives marked with the Northwoods brand name.
kootenay joe

Re: Northwoods Coolidge Jack

Post by kootenay joe »

I remember those Estwing hatchets from when i was a boy in the 1950's. They were the best you could get at the time.
Your 48 looks good in green.
kj
Onearmbladejunkie

Post by Onearmbladejunkie »

Great news for those who missed out on the Coolidge Jack. GEC is making a Natural Oily Creek Bone #93 Tidioute Ram's Foot knife. I feel much better now !
pt3-466x1024.jpg
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

These arrived today. Kudu bone and black Micarta.
Attachments
IMG_0620.jpeg
IMG_0623.jpeg
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by gsmith7158 »

Sharpnshinyknives wrote:These arrived today. Kudu bone and black Micarta.
Very nice Mark! The blades appear to be a bit wider than the clips on the Hawthorne jack . Good snag. ::tu::
------------------

Greg

IF YOU AIN'T BUYING OR LOOKING AT A KNIFE THEN YOU AIN'T LIVING.
Always looking to buy good quality Empire knives.

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

gsmith7158 wrote:
Sharpnshinyknives wrote:These arrived today. Kudu bone and black Micarta.
Very nice Mark! The blades appear to be a bit wider than the clips on the Hawthorne jack . Good snag. ::tu::

Thanks Greg, that would account for the stronger pull. I didn’t think about the blade being larger.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
joeradza
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by joeradza »

Coolidge in jigged cherrywood and kudu bone has arrived.
Attachments
IMG_9490.JPG
IMG_9491.JPG
Cletus Awreetus

Post by Cletus Awreetus »

I like em.
Attachments
Coolidge Jack 2.jpg
Coolidge Jack 1.jpg
-the problem with society today is, no one drinks from the skulls of their dead enemies anymore..-
RalphAlsip

Post by RalphAlsip »

Based on the number of Coolidge knives currently for resale so soon after they were released, it would seem that folks received them and then don’t like them for some reason and have decided not to add them to their collection. I’m not a fan of the toothpick pattern so I didn’t participate in the direct sale from KnivesShipFree and won’t be participating in the resale market.

For those considering buying a Coolidge in the secondary market, here are the approximate initial selling prices from KnivesShipFree.

Micarta: $130
Brazilian cherry: $140
Giraffe: $190
Kudu: $200

If I have made a mistake in the information provided, I would be extremely grateful for corrections to be posted.
robbobus
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by robbobus »

RalphAlsip wrote:Based on the number of Coolidge knives currently for resale so soon after they were released, it would seem that folks received them and then don’t like them for some reason and have decided not to add them to their collection. I’m not a fan of the toothpick pattern so I didn’t participate in the direct sale from KnivesShipFree and won’t be participating in the resale market.

For those considering buying a Coolidge in the secondary market, here are the approximate initial selling prices from KnivesShipFree.

Micarta: $130
Brazilian cherry: $140
Giraffe: $190
Kudu: $200

If I have made a mistake in the information provided, I would be extremely grateful for corrections to be posted.

Some have purchased these knives and changed their mind. Most collectors who have been selling have charged their purchase price or a break-even after selling price.

Buy I would mostly disagree with the reason most are selling, ahem flipping. On eBay, there are 29 for sale, 12 have sold. That represents a little under 10% of the total sold. Most are charging a premium. Many sellers have multiple for sale. They purchased just to resell at a profit with no intention of keeping. And bought as many as possible. I find it funny that folks pay the inflated prices. If I miss a drop, I miss a drop. If I want an oldvqer knife, I pay the higher price or trade. I also sell my older knives for market value . RBut scalper prices on new "must have for pics knives?" Too busy making an honest living, respecting the work I do for the money I earn. With me, same thing goes for other collectors. I won't buy things just to flip them for your hard earned money. It's beneath me. Buy again, if I didn't have work, needed money to feed my family or some such reason, flip away I would. But I don't expect other collectors to subsidize my collecting, may be a pride thing. Character defect I guess.
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by gsmith7158 »

Got my Giraffe Coolidge Jack.
Attachments
IMG_5344 (2).JPG
------------------

Greg

IF YOU AIN'T BUYING OR LOOKING AT A KNIFE THEN YOU AIN'T LIVING.
Always looking to buy good quality Empire knives.

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.
Cletus Awreetus

anyone here with a paid membership who wanted a Coolidge Jack but for whatever reason was unable to score one *for themselves*; can purchase my giraffe bone edition (pictured above) for exactly what I've got in it plus shipping. p.m./email me.
-the problem with society today is, no one drinks from the skulls of their dead enemies anymore..-
robbobus
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by robbobus »

Very nice offer right there. They're nice knives for sure. Here's mine with a 48, Fremont and the cat.
15607365814021626250502979525619.jpg
15607366771351675934360583378583.jpg
Cletus Awreetus

don't know why this drop didn't get more respect. I was never a fan of the toothpick but this NW is a real dandy and GEC's giraffe bone is always top notch. I've still got the kudo but this one....

https://youtu.be/kc0G7kDqCRg
FarSide
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by FarSide »

NW Coolidge 1.jpg
-Tim

Return to “Northwoods Knife Collector's Forum”