"GEC bone color factory mistake !" THE EMPEROR WERES NO CLOTHES KNIFE ! !

GEC specializes in highly collectable and premium quality usable pocket knives. The company's USA manufactured knives have quickly proven to be a big hit with both collectors and users who seek quality American craftsmanship.
Onearmbladejunkie

"GEC bone color factory mistake !" THE EMPEROR WERES NO CLOTHES KNIFE ! !

Post by Onearmbladejunkie »

GEC FACTORY BONE COLOR MISTAKE ! The DLT Trading SFO #12 toothpick dark chestnut jigged bone is really copperhead jigged bone. My Northfield #12 copperhead pony-cut bone knife is a lighter bone color than the dark chestnut jigged bone knife. How can this be ? ANSWER: They are both copperhead jigged/pony-cut knives. The DLT Trading SFO #12 knife is selling very slow. DLT Trading posted both knives on their DLT Trading Facebook page. They called their SFO knife dark chestnut and the other knife chestnut. "Wrong !" Both knives copperhead jigged/pony-cut bone. Neither are even close to being chestnut or dark chestnut. "THE EMPEROR WEARS NO CLOTHS KNIFE !" The DLT SFO was first listed as "DARK COLOR" on the GEC production schedule . Then they changed it to dark chestnut during production . Both knives are 100% copperhead bone color. Check out the "Charlie Waynorth dark chestnut knives. The DLT SFO #12 knife is a factory color mistake. "THE EMPEROR WEARS NO CLOTHES KNIFE. REMEMBER THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A PERFECT KNIFE ! NO TWO BONE COLORS AND JIGGING ARE ALIKE. KNIVES ARE LIKE FINGER PRINTS ! If this DLT Trading SFO knife was a comic book or trading card , it would be worth 50% more retail . I bought both knives and you die hard GEC collectors need to do the same. Go check out the DLT Trading FaceBook page too ! "THE EMPEROR WEARS NO CLOTHES KNIFE !"
58692012_292652124999409_1028813566980915200_n.jpg
54667788344522.jpg
12-dlt-1.jpg
62602035_10218149239419195_4726634053531336704_n.jpg
GE128119CH-2-600x450.jpg
GE128119CH-3-600x450.jpg
These factory/dealer picture are not the best to prove my point . Buy these wonderful knives and find out yourself !
Onearmbladejunkie

Re: "GEC bone color factory mistake !" THE EMPEROR WERES NO CLOTHES KNIFE ! !

Here is the DLT Trading dealer picture that proves my point ! Both knives are copperhead jigged/pony-cut bone ! Buy this DLT knife before the Collectors discover this mistake . Kenny the one arm is the mistake founder. G-d uses the fool to teach the wise ! Baw-ha ! Ha ! Ha ! Ha !
657788888833.jpg
Onearmbladejunkie

This Charlie C. SFO #93 Lambs foot knife is real dark chestnut bone , the two knives above are copperhead jigged/pony-cut bone !
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

I don't understand why it matters what GEC calls this jigged bone. You either like it or you don't.
"A rose by any other name smells as sweet".
kj
BAX229

Post by BAX229 »

Why are you posting this on every knife forum? Who cares?
m0nk

Post by m0nk »

Onearmbladejunkie wrote: "THE EMPEROR WEARS NO CLOTHES KNIFE !"
Kenny, please keep in mind that this forum aims to be "friendly" and that many of us come here to get away from drama and strife. I need this reminder occasionally myself because knife passion can boil over sometimes.

Regarding your observation, you're correct to a degree; it's a matter of marketing and customer expectation but I don't think it will increase the future value. The SMKW #78 SFO was also supposed to be "dark chestnut" that came out so light in color that SMKW actually called it "Pennsylvania Peachseed" when they marketed it. But the SMKW 78 is valuable now because of what it is, not because of a "color error". I was going to exchange my DLT #12 because it was so much lighter than the GEC pics but my dad saw it and liked it, so I ordered another one and requested a darker color handle. Jordan at DLT gave great customer service, and picked one out for me that looks exactly like the GEC pic, a very nice dark chestnut color. Both my dad and I are happy with our knives and I wouldn't hesitate to buy from DLT again. I took this pic this morning.

- Lee
Attachments
toothpicks-bloodymary-2.jpg
m0nk

Post by m0nk »

kootenay joe wrote:I don't understand why it matters what GEC calls this jigged bone. You either like it or you don't.
"A rose by any other name smells as sweet".
kj
Roland, you're right about GEC taking liberties with their bone color names. The Beer Scout "Golden Ale" is almost identical to the 44 "Goldenrod". The NF 78 "Golden Brown" is nearly the same color as the SMKW 78 SFO "Dark Chestnut/Pennsylvania Peachseed". However I do think that dealers should post individual pics of knives when there is a lot of variation in the batch. If they're all the same it doesn't matter, but when buying online the customer should be able to pick from among differing color variations. Either that or do what SMKW did and call it something more descriptive of the actual color. What GEC calls their colors is almost meaningless.

- Lee
Onearmbladejunkie

I own 32 GEC knives. I buy new GEC and GEC dealer NOS knives only. I have never sold a knife in my life , but I have given many away. I discovered GEC around June 2018. I stay off of EVIL-BAY FOR GEC knives. I want to give an American in the cutlery industry a job. This year I bought one #06 , eleven #97s , eight #12s and two #93 oily creek bones on the way , all for me. I am having a blast buying American and German traditional knives. I just want the color that I paid for. I think it is funny that nobody else caught this mistake , but me. I am so excited about the GEC knives in the future. I am trying to get GEC to change the Northfield #29 Humpback copperhead bone to dark chestnut peach-seed bone , they owe us to do the right thing. I helped a collector get a "Charlie" #93 lambs foot ebony-wood last night ! I helped four collectors get Sambar Stags #97s on FB. I am having a blast !
21C-406x1024.jpg
Onearmbladejunkie

Yea, I got all stoked up not receiving a real dark chestnut GEC knife. Last night , I discovered 3 ebony "Charlie" #93 Knives and at least 4 - ? #93 dark chestnut peach-seed bone knives. I decided not to buy one , because of the skinnier blade and the price. I love the Ram's foot blades. And they are a better choice for one arm me. I thought that is would be fun telling GEC Collectors the good news that Charlie knives were still available. One guy thank me right off the bat, after buying his dream "Charlie" #93 ebony lambs foot knife. The next morning 6/26/2019 , all the knives were sold and that dealer posting was removed. Some of folks on my FB Group was not happy they missed out. One guy questioned my posting info. I love helping GEC or any knife collector find the dream of they collection. I have never sold a gun or knife in my life. In 2012, I helped a vintage gun dealer buy an 1866 Winchester 44 rim fire brass receiver repeater $6000 at my local pawn shop. I refused a finders fee. It is not who I am. 6/26/2019 around 1 PM , I received a mystery invoice Email. I almost deleted it. Pay-Pal buy this GEC Waynorth "Charlie" Dark Chestnut peach-seed #93 lambs foot knife. And I think I saved $5 too. I had contacted all the Waynorth dealers about that knife , three weeks ago. I guess some guy backed out the deal and one arm me got the email. I just knew it was fate from G-d. I just had to change my mind and snag it ! Thank You Jesus ! I will finally be getting "the" dark chestnut peach-seed knife in my collection.

Return to “Great Eastern Cutlery (GEC) Collector's Forum”