WW2 British Special Operations Executive Folding Knife With Moulded Bolster By William Rodgers, Sheffield.

A place to discuss & share pictures of military related knives and tools. Conversation relating to objects of war and peace from all eras welcome.
Papas-toybox

WW2 British Special Operations Executive Folding Knife With Moulded Bolster By William Rodgers, Sheffield.

Post by Papas-toybox »

Digging through the boxes of knives I purchased from an estate. Most a collectible slipjoint Case, Tidouette, Schrade, Queen, Bulldog, Hen & Rooster, Bear and Son, etc. However, I found this one lying in the bottom of a box I had not even looked in yet.

WW2 British S.O.E. (Special Operations Executive) folding knife with moulded bolster. This knife was manufactured in England primarily for use by the S.O.E. Some of the knives produced don't have a manufacturers name or origin but this one has "William Rodgers, Sheffield, England" stamped on the blades ricasso. There were two versions of this knife, one with a black moulded bolster and one with a white metal bolster. This knife has the black moulded bolster. The grips are chequered Bakelite or Bexoid. The bade measures 3 1/2" long, 8 1/4" overall with the blade locked out. The blade folds out and locks in place. It is released with a metal lockback sprung thumb release which works perfectly. The blade is polished steel and is in amazing condition as is the whole knife.

Just wanted to share the photos with others that share my interest in Military weapons.
20190602_095658.jpg
20190602_095704.jpg
20190602_095708.jpg
20190602_095718.jpg
20190602_095722.jpg
20190602_095725.jpg
20190602_095732.jpg
Papas-toybox

Re: WW2 British Special Operations Executive Folding Knife With Moulded Bolster By William Rodgers, Sheffield.

Post by Papas-toybox »

Based on the responses from other sites, SOE knives did not have a makers mark on them. Still looking for any information that proves otherwise. So unless I can find it, this is nothing other than a civilian version according to them.
Thanks.
cottage hill bill

Re: WW2 British Special Operations Executive Folding Knife With Moulded Bolster By William Rodgers, Sheffield.

Post by cottage hill bill »

That knife is still in production. Bought one a couple of years ago. I think Rogers and a couple of others have been making them continuously since the war. Check ebay and you'll find them.
GerryD

Post by GerryD »

I think the SOE knife also had a tyre slashed at the opposite end to the blade.
https://www.the-saleroom.com/en-gb/auct ... 6c00afb4db
GerryD

Post by GerryD »

The knife above sold for £1500 plus fees????

Return to “Military Related Knives And Tools”