Looking for a list of GEC single blade large knives

GEC specializes in highly collectable and premium quality usable pocket knives. The company's USA manufactured knives have quickly proven to be a big hit with both collectors and users who seek quality American craftsmanship.
Post Reply
MTHall720
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:15 am

Looking for a list of GEC single blade large knives

Post by MTHall720 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:03 am

Before trying to read the specs on each GEC knife with single blades, can anyone point me to some information sources which will help to list every model, pattern number for all single blades of 3.4 inches or longer, or with a closed length of about 4.5 inches or longer? I am interested in looking at all possible options with GEC, Tidioute, Northfield. Trying to find which of these have either a light pull or even a moderate pull and are pinchable. I'm making changes in my collection to accomadate Arthritis.

Thanks for looking at this post. I am also trying to compile a similar list for Queen Cutlery too.

User avatar
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Posts: 1530
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:43 pm

Re: Looking for a list of GEC single blade large knives

Post by Railsplitter » Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:14 am

I saw your recent post in this thread on another forum. Is the information in post #3 not conclusive enough?
https://bladeforums.com/threads/list-of ... s.1091784/
Rick T.
My Uncle owns a Red Barchetta.

HighPlains
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:57 pm

Re: Looking for a list of GEC single blade large knives

Post by HighPlains » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:19 am

New #97 would fit the bill. Huge, pinchable, light pull. There are still plenty of them out there too.

MTHall720
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:15 am

Re: Looking for a list of GEC single blade large knives

Post by MTHall720 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:28 am

HighPlains wrote:New #97 would fit the bill. Huge, pinchable, light pull. There are still plenty of them out there too.
The list from my main knife forum is excellent, but am not sure what the blade length is. I went to the GEC site but wasn't clear if they had all the specs for all their models, or just for the ones they are currently selling.

MTHall720
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:15 am

Re: Looking for a list of GEC single blade large knives

Post by MTHall720 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:30 am

HighPlains wrote:New #97 would fit the bill. Huge, pinchable, light pull. There are still plenty of them out there too.
I agree. The 97 is my only GEC at the moment but would like to see if there are other GEC models with an even longer blade, yet still has a light pull like this one does.

User avatar
XX Case XX
Silver Tier
Silver Tier
Posts: 2785
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:24 pm
Location: California

Re: Looking for a list of GEC single blade large knives

Post by XX Case XX » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:53 pm

Railsplitter wrote:I saw your recent post in this thread on another forum. Is the information in post #3 not conclusive enough?
https://bladeforums.com/threads/list-of ... s.1091784/
Wow Rick!! That sure is an extensive list you provided. I'd be real happy if someone did that for me...

____________
Mike
"If there are no Dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went". Will Rogers

I work hard so my Dog can have a better life...

User avatar
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Posts: 1530
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:43 pm

Re: Looking for a list of GEC single blade large knives

Post by Railsplitter » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:58 pm

XX Case XX wrote:
Railsplitter wrote:I saw your recent post in this thread on another forum. Is the information in post #3 not conclusive enough?
https://bladeforums.com/threads/list-of ... s.1091784/
Wow Rick!! That sure is an extensive list you provided. I'd be real happy if someone did that for me...

____________
Mike
Thanks Mike. I saw that post #3 in that link lists most of the GEC blade lengths and I hoped it would be helpful.
Rick T.
My Uncle owns a Red Barchetta.

MTHall720
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:15 am

Re: Looking for a list of GEC single blade large knives

Post by MTHall720 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:48 pm

Railsplitter wrote:
XX Case XX wrote:
Railsplitter wrote:I saw your recent post in this thread on another forum. Is the information in post #3 not conclusive enough?
https://bladeforums.com/threads/list-of ... s.1091784/
Wow Rick!! That sure is an extensive list you provided. I'd be real happy if someone did that for me...

____________
Mike
Thanks Mike. I saw that post #3 in that link lists most of the GEC blade lengths and I hoped it would be helpful.
Thanks for all the input. From all the help given me on this forum and on Blade forum, combined with some more info from dealers I have finally concluded that GEC just doesn't offer blades in the Mammoth proportions I had in mind. I love my 97 though and I am considering being more flexible in my blade length requirements so now I have a few more choices :)

Onearmbladejunkie
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Posts: 275
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:23 pm
Contact:

Re: Looking for a list of GEC single blade large knives

Post by Onearmbladejunkie » Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:43 pm

All About Pocket Knives SFO #97 Allegheny knife
IMG_9021.jpg
IMG_8984.jpg
IMG_8983.jpg
IMG_8971.jpg

Onearmbladejunkie
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Posts: 275
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:23 pm
Contact:

Re: Looking for a list of GEC single blade large knives

Post by Onearmbladejunkie » Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:38 pm

It won't be long now !
GEC-ILLUISTRATED.jpg

Onearmbladejunkie
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Posts: 275
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:23 pm
Contact:

Re: Looking for a list of GEC single blade large knives

Post by Onearmbladejunkie » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:41 pm

I just bought a Tidioute #93 Rams Foot natural micarta knife. JSR Sports and More has small batch of NOS #93 Northfield antique autumn jigged bone and #93 natural micarta rams foot knives right now. You snooze ! You lose !

Post Reply

Return to “Great Eastern Cutlery (GEC) Collector's Forum”