TB 62048

The W.R. Case & Sons Cutlery Company has a very rich history that began in 1889 when William Russell (“W.R.”), Jean, John, and Andrew Case began fashioning their knives and selling them along a wagon trail in upstate New York. The company has produced countless treasures and it continues to do so as one of the most collected brands in the world.
kootenay joe

TB 62048

Post by kootenay joe »

This is a Case Bose slender & sleek Wharncliffe Trapper. The design is simply elegant and the blades are finely swaged. The fit is truly to the level of an accomplished knife maker. I have had other Case Bose collaboration knives but none had this degree of perfection and some actually had 'flaws'.
Is this one the first of the Case-Bose collaboration knives ?
And did i just get lucky, or were these Wharncliffe Trappers perhaps the best for fit and finish of all the collabs ?
And finally, if this is Year One for the Collabs, does this increase it's market value now, about 20 years later ?
thanks for some help. kj
Attachments
IMGP7089.JPG
IMGP7090.JPG
IMGP7091.JPG
IMGP7093.JPG
IMGP7094.JPG
IMGP7095.JPG
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: TB 62048

Post by treefarmer »

Elegant is the word, KJ. ::tu::
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Roland, I have no answers but that is a beautiful knife. ::nod::
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

I like that second to last photo of the blade and backspring meeting. That is better than the TB knife I had and sold.
To answer your question about when, I believe it was 1998 when the relationship with Case started. So you have a very early example. That is a great looking knife.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
kennedy knives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by kennedy knives »

kootenay joe wrote:This is a Case Bose slender & sleek Wharncliffe Trapper. The design is simply elegant and the blades are finely swaged. The fit is truly to the level of an accomplished knife maker. I have had other Case Bose collaboration knives but none had this degree of perfection and some actually had 'flaws'.
Is this one the first of the Case-Bose collaboration knives ?
And did i just get lucky, or were these Wharncliffe Trappers perhaps the best for fit and finish of all the collabs ?
And finally, if this is Year One for the Collabs, does this increase it's market value now, about 20 years later ?
thanks for some help. kj
Yes KJ first year of production with ATS-34 Steel made 1000 ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu::
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Thank you Gary.
Is it fair to say that the very high standards of the first collab did not carry through to subsequent years ? Not that subsequent knives were 'bad' in any way, but the extreme attention to detail for every knife, slipped a little ?
And is the year # 1 knife (1999) now of higher market value than the other years ? Or are all collab knives valued more or less the same ?
Thanks for any additional help.
kj
kennedy knives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by kennedy knives »

kootenay joe wrote:Thank you Gary.
Is it fair to say that the very high standards of the first collab did not carry through to subsequent years ? Not that subsequent knives were 'bad' in any way, but the extreme attention to detail for every knife, slipped a little ?
And is the year # 1 knife (1999) now of higher market value than the other years ? Or are all collab knives valued more or less the same ?
Thanks for any additional help.
kj
KJ most all of the Tony Bose Case bring good money just depends on the pattern & the amount made some are low runs of 100 knives .
The first four years they made a 1000 each then started doing runs with different handles . The quality on all of them are better than any regular Case . They maybe better than the GEC's are at least right there with them . It's like the TB 62048 you have when it's in your hands it's top notch that's the way most of the Case TB's are good quality Knives. Wish Case made them all that nice . ::handshake:: ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu::
FarSide
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by FarSide »

Can't answer any of your questions, but you have an amazing collab there. Great coloring on the covers. Congrats.
-Tim
rugmar

Post by rugmar »

Very very nice! Thanks for sharing that one. I too, love the blade to backspring fit and just the general attention to detail on that one. Wow! ::tu:: ::tu::
slimtrap48

Post by slimtrap48 »

Very nice KJ. This is a warncliffe slimline trapper, the very first in the Bose/Case collaboration series. No, you didn't just get lucky, they were made quite well. I was able to get me one of these earlier this year as well.

I'm not sure what the going price was when they were first put out, but I know if you want one now they're usually around $300

Bose.jpg

Return to “Case Knife Collector's Forum”