93 Ramsfoot at CK.net

GEC specializes in highly collectable and premium quality usable pocket knives. The company's USA manufactured knives have quickly proven to be a big hit with both collectors and users who seek quality American craftsmanship.
JohnR
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: 93 Ramsfoot at CK.net

Post by JohnR »

Greg, at first I was a little put off by the shield placement but the more I looked at it I decided I really liked it, glad to see GEC not afraid to try something different. I'm liking the jigging. I've got 2 on the way, 1 to carry and 1 to put away.
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by gsmith7158 »

JohnR wrote:Greg, at first I was a little put off by the shield placement but the more I looked at it I decided I really liked it, glad to see GEC not afraid to try something different. I'm liking the jigging. I've got 2 on the way, 1 to carry and 1 to put away.
cudgee wrote:I like it, and i really like the knife. You have done well my friend, so enjoy your new addition. Have a good weekend. ::hmm::
Well I like the cocobello 93 knife and the way it's built so very much that I'm going to give the big Ram a shot to grow on me! ::nod::
------------------

Greg

IF YOU AIN'T BUYING OR LOOKING AT A KNIFE THEN YOU AIN'T LIVING.
Always looking to buy good quality Empire knives.

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

It is interesting that the Charlie C. version has no shield. I like a shield and at first thought Charlie should of had a shield put on them. However now having seen numerous pictures of the Charlie C. knife, i can see it is 'perfect', instantly appealing. A shield might have interrupted the visual 'flow' and actually made it less attractive.
I cannot get a 'feel' for the #93 with the ram's head shield from the picture posted. I think when you have it in hand it will either 'speak' to you immediately, or it won't. This is when you will know if this shield in this placement enhances this knife or detracts from it.
Sometimes a knife is much better in person than in a picture.
kj
Duffer

Post by Duffer »

I wasn’t sure about it at first but like has been expressed it grows on you! Just an exceptionally well crafted folder. The jigging is marvelous, the hafting superb, the transitions from bolster to bone spot, pull a strong 6 with the pinch ability “frosting on the cake”, blade centering perfect, shield nicely inletted and not overly proud, satisfying in hand with just the right amount of heft and visually appealing! What’s not to like ::nod:: GEC is at the top of their game right now!
Attachments
611A168F-AB6F-42BD-98E2-FEF0057E8393.jpeg
Lloyd
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Duffer, did you just tell us that they are as quality as they are beautiful? That's what I took from it. Those all 3 are wonderful. ::nod:: ::nod::
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Duffer, you have 3. I don't even have 1, yet. I am jealous.
They all are very good looking knives and your review covers all 'bases' and all score 'perfect'. This is very special. Now i'm even more jealous :mrgreen:
kj
RalphAlsip

Post by RalphAlsip »

gsmith7158 wrote:Well I just paid for my 93 rams foot in antique jigged bone that I had reserved at CK but I'm a little iffy on that big ole Rams head Shield. What do ya'll think?
I like the knife and I think the shield works with the knife. It is a large knife and the scale and the large shield seems to work for me. Although I do believe I would have liked it better if the shield were rotated 90 degrees to the left so the Ram is a little easier to see when the knife is horizontal (see picture below). The shield does have some nice detail work as shown in the enlargement.
Attachments
Top Image is original; Bottom Image is Ralph's messing around
Top Image is original; Bottom Image is Ralph's messing around
GEC 93 Ramfoot Shield.jpg
RalphAlsip

Post by RalphAlsip »

Cletus Awreetus wrote:I just gotta say, the CC Waynorth sfo completely blows the standard 93 right out of the water.
The Waynorth version has upgraded componentry (steel liners, pins, bolster work, etc.). I like the lambfoot blade profile better as well. Although I have to say I like both knives, but the Waynorth version a little better. Please pardon the slightly mismatched camera angles.
Attachments
Lambfoot to Ramfoot Compare #5.jpg
Lambfoot to Ramfoot Compare #3.jpg
Lambfoot to Ramfoot Blade Compare.jpg
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by gsmith7158 »

Excellent comparison Jerry! I missed the lambs foot but I do have a possible trade in the works for one. Hopefully I will get it. I was very impressed with the the cocobello 93 so I'm sure I'll get used to the Ram shield. I think this 93 run was a good one for GEC. ::tu::
------------------

Greg

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.
kennedy knives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by kennedy knives »

Knives Ships Free had some Bone 93's for about 8 minutes who got one ? ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu::
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Reminds me of this old knife.
Attachments
P1240297.jpg
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by gsmith7158 »

My Original Ram Foot came today. The Ram shield is much nicer in hand than it looks in pictures. I'm well satisfied with the two that I chose. :D
Attachments
20190716_155453.jpg
------------------

Greg

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

1967redrider wrote:Reminds me of this old knife.
redrider, the first handgun I ever owned was that one in .32 S&W long. $37 brand new out the door with 5 bullets to put in it. Bought it a couple of days after my 21st birthday.
Onearmbladejunkie

Post by Onearmbladejunkie »

I just paid for two #93 Northfield real rams foot knives. I just spotted this picture on Face Book. The real #93 Lambs foot and #93 Rams foot knives are the exact same dark chestnut color with different jigging.
Attachments
66835665_2516898508332143_717798436568563712_n.jpg
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

You guys must be super fast at responding to email alerts of knives available. I have received quite a few emails saying 'new batch of #93 available' but every time i check i see "Sold Out". Other than sitting in front of computer and refreshing email every 2 minutes for a few days, there is no other way because these sell out in minutes. There are a great many #93 on ebay right now. I do not understand how flippers can score multiples of this pattern. One seller has 15 listed.
Because i always arrive after 'Sold Out' i do not get to see the prices. Did someone recently post prices for the various #93's ? I would like to know how much extra ebay sellers are charging. I will pay more than original but i do not want to feed greed.
kj
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

kootenay joe wrote:You guys must be super fast at responding to email alerts of knives available. I have received quite a few emails saying 'new batch of #93 available' but every time i check i see "Sold Out". Other than sitting in front of computer and refreshing email every 2 minutes for a few days, there is no other way because these sell out in minutes. There are a great many #93 on ebay right now. I do not understand how flippers can score multiples of this pattern. One seller has 15 listed.
Because i always arrive after 'Sold Out' i do not get to see the prices. Did someone recently post prices for the various #93's ? I would like to know how much extra ebay sellers are charging. I will pay more than original but i do not want to feed greed.
kj
I am like you, always sold out, but i'm in Australia so that can't help. I think i saw them around the $90 mark on one site. Pretty sure that was the price. ::tu::
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

$90 for Micarta ? or also the wood handled one and jigged bone ?
kj
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

The one i saw was the cocobolo. But i think they were all roughly the same price range. Micarta may have been a bit cheaper.
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

kootenay joe wrote:$90 for Micarta ? or also the wood handled one and jigged bone ?
kj
Roland, 92.90 from KSF for the Autumn jigged bone, 90 even from CK, 77 dollars for the Cocobolo. I think the Micarta was around the same price as the wood handled one, not sure about that.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

doglegg wrote:
1967redrider wrote:Reminds me of this old knife.
redrider, the first handgun I ever owned was that one in .32 S&W long. $37 brand new out the door with 5 bullets to put in it. Bought it a couple of days after my 21st birthday.
dog, not to hijack the thread but that is exactly what this is, .32 S&W long Model 732. Great little shooter.
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
RalphAlsip

Post by RalphAlsip »

Sharpnshinyknives wrote:
kootenay joe wrote:$90 for Micarta ? or also the wood handled one and jigged bone ?
kj
Roland, 92.90 from KSF for the Autumn jigged bone, 90 even from CK, 77 dollars for the Cocobolo. I think the Micarta was around the same price as the wood handled one, not sure about that.
I believe the Waynorth version was significantly more than GEC bone knives, but I don’t know what the initial price was.
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Wow, sorry, i should not have questioned the "$90". I am surprised how low they were priced. I guess this is because the only prices i have seen are on ebay. This dose of reality is helpful. Thank you all.
kj
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

If I remember correctly, the Waynorth was 145, if you could get one. I felt fortunate to have only paid 200 for mine.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Haven’t taken many pictures lately, catching up with the 93’s of late.
Attachments
IMG_0773.jpeg
Onearmbladejunkie

Post by Onearmbladejunkie »

The Northwoods #93 signal jack knives are on sale 7/24/2019 at KnivesShipFree . 4PM
56677445668799222.jpg

Return to “Great Eastern Cutlery (GEC) Collector's Forum”