STEELING,

A place to share, learn, & show off sharpening tips, tricks, techniques, & tools for sharpening edges of all kinds.
mrwatch

STEELING,

Post by mrwatch »

Gunsil

Re: STEELING,

Post by Gunsil »

Cool, now let's see how many who use steels drag the knife up towards one's hand and how many know the proper way which is always away from the hand for either side of the knife. I was at my knife club meeting recently and a bunch of steels were brought in for show and tell and everybody said they drag the blade up on the back of the knife. When I showed them how to always use a down stroke they said I was nuts although I once worked in a large commercial kitchen and the chefs trained me to always run the blade down the steel away from my hand for both sides of the blade. Of course BSA knife training always stresses to never cut with the edge toward any part of your body.
FRJ

Post by FRJ »

Terrific!!
After reading the first link I was violently awakened by my head hitting the table in front of my key pad.
a mini coma from the weeds of edge surfactness. ::cb::

I just wanna cut onions. ::mdm::
Joe
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

The top steel is German and smooth by F Dick The other two are grooved. The bottom one is Japanese. The middle is
by Henkles.
P1020479 (2).JPG
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

:lol: :lol: ::tounge::
FRJ wrote:Terrific!!
After reading the first link I was violently awakened by my head hitting the table in front of my key pad.
a mini coma from the weeds of edge surfactness. ::cb::

I just wanna cut onions. ::mdm::

Return to “Sharpening Forum”