The infamous 72 Spear.

GEC specializes in highly collectable and premium quality usable pocket knives. The company's USA manufactured knives have quickly proven to be a big hit with both collectors and users who seek quality American craftsmanship.
Thunderwood

The infamous 72 Spear.

Post by Thunderwood »

It's my holy grail knife. The one GEC that I must own one day. Absolutely perfect.

How hard are these to come by? I watch FB groups, have ebay set up to notify me, I check on here...and i dont see them for sale.

Post up any pics if you have one, is love to see it!
kamagong

Re: The infamous 72 Spear.

Post by kamagong »

I had one of these. Beautiful well-matched stag. Even better, the lockwork was flawlessly executed. No vertical or lateral play at all.

I should have kept it. Couldn't get into the bulbous blade at all though.
12748378804_88ba5ca958_o.jpg
Thunderwood

Post by Thunderwood »

kamagong wrote:I had one of these. Beautiful well-matched stag. Even better, the lockwork was flawlessly executed. No vertical or lateral play at all.

I should have kept it. Couldn't get into the bulbous blade at all though.

12748378804_88ba5ca958_o.jpg
Gorgeous knife!
RalphAlsip

Post by RalphAlsip »

Thunderwood wrote:It's my holy grail knife. The one GEC that I must own one day. Absolutely perfect.

How hard are these to come by? I watch FB groups, have ebay set up to notify me, I check on here...and i dont see them for sale.

These knives are branded Tuna Valley, but I am very certain they were made by GEC. These are not easy to find either.
Attachments
Tuna Valley Lockback Trapper Burnt Stag #2.jpg
Tuna Valley Lockback Trapper Burnt Stag #3.jpg
Tuna Valley Lockback Trapper Amber Stag #1 small.jpg
Tuna Valley Lockback Trapper Amber Stag #4 small.jpg
Thunderwood

Post by Thunderwood »

RalphAlsip wrote:
Thunderwood wrote:It's my holy grail knife. The one GEC that I must own one day. Absolutely perfect.

These knives are branded Tuna Valley, but I am very certain they were made by GEC. These are not easy to find either.
Yea, I've seen those too. Very hard to find.
Iowaboy

Post by Iowaboy »

I have a 72 that was made for the Badger Knife Club in 2012, 1 of 55. It is a Northfield UN-X-LD with that shield on one side, and the Badger Knife club shield opposite. Copperhead Jib Brown Bone handle. It is a beauty. I too was a bit put off by the bulbous blade, but it grew on my and now I really like it. Also has artwork on the blade with a badger and the club name and year. The picture attached is the standard one from the club site, don't have any personal pics of it, probably should take a few. The quality of it is excellent, and it locks and clicks like a bank vault.

Wade
Attachments
72 lockback.JPG
Thunderwood

Post by Thunderwood »

Iowaboy wrote:I have a 72 that was made for the Badger Knife Club in 2012, 1 of 55. It is a Northfield UN-X-LD with that shield on one side, and the Badger Knife club shield opposite. Copperhead Jib Brown Bone handle. It is a beauty. I too was a bit put off by the bulbous blade, but it grew on my and now I really like it. Also has artwork on the blade with a badger and the club name and year. The picture attached is the standard one from the club site, don't have any personal pics of it, probably should take a few. The quality of it is excellent, and it locks and clicks like a bank vault.

Wade
Very cool piece!
HighPlains

Post by HighPlains »

Return to “Great Eastern Cutlery (GEC) Collector's Forum”