Case Knife Identification

A place to ask or answer knife related questions.
J529A

Case Knife Identification

Post by J529A »

I have a case premium stock I bought off ebay a few weeks ago. It was a well used knife and I did a lot of clean up. The master blade tang is some what faded but after cleaning I was able to read some of the markings. It is stamped "Case XX" but the pattern number appears to read "087PP" or "087FP." I checked through my old catalogs for Case pocket knives but could not find that pattern number. Can anyone identify the knife and tell me when this pattern may have been made? Any assistance would be much appreciated!
IMG_0587.JPG
IMG_0593.JPG
IMG_0589.JPG
IMG_0593 (2).JPG
olderdogs1

Re: Case Knife Identification

Post by olderdogs1 »

An 087 would be 3 1/4” closed small stockman and it looks like the letters should be PE.

Tom
AR Norby

Post by AR Norby »

Should be a 33087 and the 087 is still being made. Looks like the main blade has been filed down.
Perception is Reality
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

087 is an abbreviation for, as has been said, 33087. Case used system on a few patterns but not sure why. Other patterns have the entire pattern number stamped. Logic says it was I used when there wasn’t enough room on the tang for the entire number, but I don’t think the 087 fits that rationale. ::shrug::

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/

Return to “Knife Related Q&A”