Question on selling Case knives on this forum

The W.R. Case & Sons Cutlery Company has a very rich history that began in 1889 when William Russell (“W.R.”), Jean, John, and Andrew Case began fashioning their knives and selling them along a wagon trail in upstate New York. The company has produced countless treasures and it continues to do so as one of the most collected brands in the world.
john14_18

Question on selling Case knives on this forum

Post by john14_18 »

On occasion, I pick up CASE pocket knives at estate sales. I don't do it a lot because I don't know a lot about them. I mainly sell guns on Gunbroker.com where I have been selling for 11 years with 168 transactions, all 100% positive. I also have been a member of the S&W forum for 10 years, also with 100% feedback. I currently have about 12 CASE knives, all NIB to sell but I despise eBay. I sold on there for 10 years and got tired of their increasing fees and demand you use Paypal. Also, like the S&W forum, I would rather sell to a true collector than some dealer.
My question is this, do you have to open an AAPK store to sell CASE knives on here and if so, do you have to use Paypal? I doubt if I will have more than 15-20 a year and I do have a Paypal account but from what I can see is that you have to have 100 posts before you can open a store.
Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance and have a Blessed Day!
Remember Psalms 37:4
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Question on selling Case knives on this forum

Post by jerryd6818 »

If you don't want to open a store on the forum

-- and I wasn't aware of a post limitation in order to open a store. You should check into that a little deeper-- I'm fairly confident that there is no such limitation. Since I have no experience with the stores, someone correct me if I'm wrong about that.

you can sell on the forum if you purchase a Premium Membership.
Bronze is limited to 20 sales per year.
Silver is limited to 50 sales per year.
Gold is unlimited.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

Check out the link to the Premium Subscriptions by clicking on the box in the upper right hand corner of the screen.

You may accept any and all forms of payment you wish to accept. Paypal is not required.
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
deo-pa
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by deo-pa »

Also, you don't have to use PayPal. Here on AAPK you can be paid anyway you choose.

And if you do decide to open a store just click on "Sell on AAPK's Store Platform" at the top of the page under the scrolling photos (assuming you are on your computer and not your phone) to get all your questions answered.

Dennis
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

john14_18 wrote:On occasion, I pick up CASE pocket knives at estate sales. I don't do it a lot because I don't know a lot about them. I mainly sell guns on Gunbroker.com where I have been selling for 11 years with 168 transactions, all 100% positive. I also have been a member of the S&W forum for 10 years, also with 100% feedback. I currently have about 12 CASE knives, all NIB to sell but I despise eBay. I sold on there for 10 years and got tired of their increasing fees and demand you use Paypal. Also, like the S&W forum, I would rather sell to a true collector than some dealer.
My question is this, do you have to open an AAPK store to sell CASE knives on here and if so, do you have to use Paypal? I doubt if I will have more than 15-20 a year and I do have a Paypal account but from what I can see is that you have to have 100 posts before you can open a store.
Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance and have a Blessed Day!
Let's see some pictures of those Case knives.
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
john14_18

Post by john14_18 »

Deleted ad until I get premium subscription. Paypal said should take about 3 days. AAPK says I can mail in payment also,
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

John14_18, not sure how you missed Phil’s prior post - maybe you just didn’t understand it. You can sell here on AAPK, and/or advertise and link to eBay or other auction sites AFTER you buy a premium subscription membership to AAPK.
philco wrote:Check out the link to the Premium Subscriptions by clicking on the box in the upper right hand corner of the screen.

You may accept any and all forms of payment you wish to accept. Paypal is not required.
Phil’s post is pointing you to the box in the upper right side of this page, “Support AAPK through a Premium Subscription”. By clicking on that you will bring up a page telling you about the costs of various levels and the benefits of each level. ::tu:: Selling fees here are substantially less than eBay. For as little as $20 you can get a basic subscription allowing you sell up to 20 knives year with no other fees. ::tu::

The place to post items for sale is here viewforum.php?f=49 in the “Knife Commerce” forums.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
john14_18

Post by john14_18 »

Thanks Ken, Sorry about the misunderstanding. I have just opened a Paypal acct and it says it takes 3-5 to transfer money from my bank acct to my Paypal acct. I will delete ad and get a subscription and then relist.
Thanks again!
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

I sorta thought that might be the case. After you purchase a premium subscription here it might take a day or so to get your account set up so you can list items under “Knife Commerce”, depending on how long it takes Bryan (the AAPK site owner) to get to it. After that you should be good to go!

Good luck with your sales.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
john14_18

Post by john14_18 »

Thanks Ken! I appreciate your help. I do want tp post some pics of an upcoming estate sale just to get some ideas of value. I will do that in another post.

Thanks again,
Jack

Return to “Case Knife Collector's Forum”