Bonsa switchblade

A place to ask or answer knife related questions.
PaulHerron

Bonsa switchblade

Post by PaulHerron »

I have a Bonsa switchblade or lever knife and I would like to know what time frame it was mfg. It has bone handles and the front tang is stamped Bonsa over Soligen over Germany. The back tang is stamped D B G M over Rostifrei. I would like to know if it is a common model or a hard to find collectible model. I would appreciate any info.[image][/image]
Attachments
058.jpg
057.jpg
044.jpg
046.jpg
049.jpg
kootenay joe

Re: Bonsa switchblade

Post by kootenay joe »

That style of knife is sometimes called a "Springer" and all Springers are quite collectible. In general Bonsa is not a brand that has much collector interest but for this knife, the pattern, (Springer) is more important than the maker. As to age, i don't know. "D.B.G.M." might be a clue. I think it is a reference to a patent. Hopefully someone who knows will post.
kj
PaulHerron

Post by PaulHerron »

Thanks Friend!
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

I have read that D R G M, was a mark used by German manufacturers in registering their product in all the German states. Not really a patent date but kind of like that but only applicable with in Germany. They used it on lots of products, toys, knives etc. ::tu::
PaulHerron

Post by PaulHerron »

Ok man, I appreciate that!
keiser

Post by keiser »

The stamp on the knife refers to: Deutsches Reichsgebrauchsmuster ( D.R.B.M. ) This is the registered Patent/trademark that you will see on a lot of German knives.

Return to “Knife Related Q&A”