Whats your newest addition to your Buck family and why?

Hoyt Buck produced the first Buck Knife in 1902. Hoyt and his son Al moved to San Diego and set up shop as H.H. Buck & Son in 1947. Al Buck revolutionized the knife industry in 1964 with the infamous Model 110 Folding Hunter. The company's innovative history and attention to quality have made for many great collectible knives.
Baykeeper

Re: Whats your newest addition to your Buck family and why?

Post by Baykeeper »

garddogg56 wrote:
doglegg wrote:Saw this little Buck 310 the other day for $20 shipped and I like whittlers so I thought I'd give it a try. I think it is a 2,000.DSCN6023.JPGDSCN6024.JPGDSCN6025.JPG
My 310 has replaced my Case peanut as a watch pocket knife in the hot and humid summer
That's a good deal for a 310, they aren't that common and usually go for much more than a Jackson. The 310 is one of my fave EDC's, good score!
BCCI Member #2863
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Thanks Baykeeper. ::handshake::
garddogg, I bet it serves you well. ::nod:: ::handshake::
Baykeeper

Post by Baykeeper »

Old Hunter wrote:Just ordered an old (mid 1970’s) Buck 118 from Matt Sanders AAPK Store. Probably have it late next week. OH
I've bought knives from Sander's Knives before, great selection of collectible treasures. That's where I got my #322 Buck Congress in yellow. I haven't perused their store lately, mainly because I'm too broke and the likelihood I'd find something I want is very high. It's like if I see it I MUST have it so avoiding looking is my only hope to avoid bankruptcy.
BCCI Member #2863
KLJ77
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by KLJ77 »

Picked this 2003 403 Eagle up off the Bay last week. Been looking for one of these for a long time. Got lucky on a "best offer". ::groove::
Attachments
fullsizeoutput_5a6.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_5a7.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_5a8.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_5a9.jpeg
LJ

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those that vote for a living."
garddogg56
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by garddogg56 »

Good looking 403 ::tu::
"On the Road Again"Willie Nelson
Old Hunter

Post by Old Hunter »

Baykeeper, I know what you mean - I limit myself nowadays (more knives than I could give away in a lifetime, much less use up!)

Nice Buck 403, that is not a Buck Knife you see often. OH
Deep in the guts of most men is buried the involuntary response to the hunter's horn, a prickle of the nape hairs, an acceleration of the pulse, an atavistic memory of his fathers, who killed first with stone, and then with club...Robert Ruark
KLJ77
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by KLJ77 »

Thanks, Garddog & OH...

Yeah, OH...these are pretty scarce, even w/only 2003 made. (according to BCCI 2003 cataloge) This one is 1258 / 2003. People tend to hold on to these kinds of knives. I think the only reason I was fortunate enough to get this one is because the person selling it was into 'other' stuff to sell and this was the only knife they had. Probably wanted to get it off their hands quickly due to them not being 'into' knives. They may not have known exactly what they were selling either. I've seen these sell for well over $200.00 and up. I gave $155.00 for it. It originally sold for $174.00 in 2003. Well worth it to me to add to the "collection." ::nod::
LJ

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those that vote for a living."
Old Hunter

Post by Old Hunter »

My 118 tip up, four spacer made it here last week - group shot with my other Buck 118 Personal variations. OH
Attachments
E840DF29-F723-4866-9865-957889E93AF0.jpeg
1F05D455-72A2-44E5-802A-B67E139234D9.jpeg
Deep in the guts of most men is buried the involuntary response to the hunter's horn, a prickle of the nape hairs, an acceleration of the pulse, an atavistic memory of his fathers, who killed first with stone, and then with club...Robert Ruark
Byrd

Post by Byrd »

Here's my "new" 112 from the great EBay store. I got a great price on It and it's in pretty good condition. It's a 2 dot so that puts it in production in late 70's early 80's? Well my question is about the nail nick. I looked on the bay and discovered that some have them and some don't, even within this production period. This one doesn't have it and I kind of like it. Was there any reason why some do and some don't?
Attachments
20190803_090406_HDR.jpg
If the thunder don't get you then the lightening will!
eveled

Post by eveled »

Just added this 105 Pathfinder to my stag set. All I need now is a stag 103 &120.
24F591F2-742F-47E5-8C6E-34FCD30E7A97.jpeg
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

1986 Buck 703. Sorry for the blurry pic.
Attachments
IMG_4994.JPG
IMG_4993.JPG
IMG_4991.JPG
IMG_4997.JPG
Rick T.

"My knife money maketh itself wings!" mb>

Proud member of the Buck Collectors Club Inc.
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

Pre-1986 704 Maverick. A few scratches here and there but overall great condition. Same size as my 703 above but with only one blade.
Attachments
IMG_4998.JPG
IMG_5000.JPG
IMG_5006.JPG
IMG_5003.JPG
Rick T.

Byrd

Post by Byrd »

I like that one! It'd sure be an easy EDC.
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

Byrd wrote:I like that one! It'd sure be an easy EDC.
Thanks Byrd. Gonna carry it today at work and see how it goes.
Rick T.

Old Hunter

Post by Old Hunter »

Nice Buck 703 and 704 Rick, good pickups. OH
Tsar Bomba

Post by Tsar Bomba »

I realized I never posted my latest Buck here after I got it.

It's inelegant, Spartan, garish and utilitarian but it's a USA Buck and it does what a Buck does well. Here it is, my new(ish)112 slim Ranger. Light, sturdy, and slim clipped to the RFP exactly as advertised! Extra points for the tip-up deep carry clip straight from the factory. Big bang for little bucks.
Attachments
2019-08-14_10-39-34.jpg
2019-08-14_10-39-40.jpg
Tony
ImageImageImageImage
Everything's better with a Barlow
Byrd

Post by Byrd »

You'll like that 112 Ranger! I have the 110 and at first.wasn't sure what I thought about it. It was light and didn't feel as "substantial" as the traditional 110 I was used to carrying. After a few weeks I hanged my mind though. It's light and handy rides well in the pocket and holds a great edge. It'll do anything I need a.pocket knife. To do. Maybe I need a 112 Ranger too?
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

Old Hunter wrote:Nice Buck 703 and 704 Rick, good pickups. OH
Thank you, Bruce. I'm kind of on a roll right now but I'm just about done for awhile.

Got one more Buck knife on the way but this one is fresh out of the mailbox.

Buck 505 Knight from the Buck Custom Shop. Buckeye Burl and standard 420HC blade.
Attachments
IMG_5015.JPG
IMG_5021.JPG
IMG_5022.JPG
IMG_5023.JPG
Rick T.

Doc B

Post by Doc B »

Some nice Buck's you've been showing lately, Rick! I like the burl on that ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu::
Heretical Refurb / Mods of cheap old folders, since late 2018
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

Doc B wrote:Some nice Buck's you've been showing lately, Rick! I like the burl on that ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu::
Thanks Doc!
Rick T.

Old Hunter

Post by Old Hunter »

I agree Rick, really nice burl! OH
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

Tsar Bomba wrote:I realized I never posted my latest Buck here after I got it.

It's inelegant, Spartan, garish and utilitarian but it's a USA Buck and it does what a Buck does well. Here it is, my new(ish)112 slim Ranger. Light, sturdy, and slim clipped to the RFP exactly as advertised! Extra points for the tip-up deep carry clip straight from the factory. Big bang for little bucks.
Nice one! I've already decided I'm getting the Slim instead of the standard 112LT. Not much more expensive, but thinner and easier to carry, as well as being OHO from the factory. Thinking blue to match my 110LT "Shield". I do have a standard 112, but it is in awful shape, and Buck will probably end up replacing the blade once I get it sent off.
Byrd

Post by Byrd »

My new Chinese 371. A beast of a pocket knife but I got it at a good price and I didn't have one so...
Attachments
20190821_142501_HDR.jpg
Old Hunter

Post by Old Hunter »

Byrd, Hard to beat a Stockman for a versatile patten, congrats. OH
Modern Slip Joints

Post by Modern Slip Joints »

Byrd,
Partly because the blade shape I use most often is a sheep's foot I love Stockmans. I wonder if the Chinese relocated the sheep's foot to the left end to make it easier to open without making it stick up above the other blades like many Stockmans do. It never ocurred to me that sheep's foot blades remaining further out of the handle made Stockmans uncomfortable in the hand until I read that on the internet but some people do not like a high sheep's foot. I believe Stockmans are made with high sheep's foot blades to make the most frequently used blade quick to open. For those who think it's a problem switching the sheep's foot and spey might alleviate the problem. It does make the 371 recognizable as Chinese.

Once again I can post that I bought a lightly used Buck at a gun show. Today I found a standard black rubber and 420HC Alpha Hunter with its pouch priced at $20. Local Ace Hardware Stores stock the same knife with a gut hook for $65 and tax so I quickly paid the table holder's $20 then chatted about other knives. During the final days before an Ace Hardware went out of business I bought the one with a gut hook at 60% off without its pouch. I usually ignore modern folders and only occasionally pick one up when I stumble onto them at low price. Being patient pays off buying common items. Generally the larger thumb stud opening knives are the easier they are to open. Alpha Hunters are as easy as they get.

Return to “Buck Knife Collector's Forum”