William H. Maher and Emil Grosh started the Maher & Grosh Wholesale Cutlery Co. in 1877 with a goal to sell high quality US manufactured cutlery globally. The original business dissolved in 1988, but the brand has since been resurrected.
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: 2019

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

peanut740 wrote:
Sharpnshinyknives wrote:
peanut740 wrote: They will have A Northfield finish.All of our GEC made knives do.
Where can you find these when they come out?
Maherandgrosh.com,send us an email to sales@maherandgrosh and we will put you on our notification list.

Thanks Roger!
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
Old Folder
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Old Folder »

These are gorgeous. ::ds::
Thank you so much Roger & Ken.

Clip, Sheep & Spey blades.
(1) Antique Yellow Jigged Bone
(2) Smooth Appaloosa bone
(3) Gabon Ebony

https://greateasterncutlery.net/blog/20 ... her-grosh/
It's always important to know what you don't know.
Dan
peanut740
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by peanut740 »

If things go has planned,knives should be available around 7:00 PM eastern time tonight.Thanks everyone for your interest and patience.
Roger
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Great, i just managed to buy the Appaloosa bone version of the new M&G "Texas Ranger". I went back to website after paying and see an Ebony version that was not there before ! I hope i get a 'good' Appaloosa. Some of them remind me of a kid with measles but others can be almost as attractive as Giraffe bone.
Think i better go back to see if any mammoths snuck in there.
kj
Tsar Bomba

Post by Tsar Bomba »

No mammoths I can see. Are they in the offing?

I'm psyched for this one. Thanks, Ken and Roger!
Attachments
rs=w_600,h_600 (2).jpeg
rs=w_600,h_600 (3).jpeg
rs=w_600,h_600.jpeg
Tony
ImageImageImageImage
Everything's better with a Barlow
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

No mammoth. I was dreaming. Is the picture the exact knife you are getting ? Or is it to show what Appaloosa looks like and yours will be similar ? I think it is the latter.
kj
JohnR
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by JohnR »

Picked up all 3, really looking forward to these.
sunknife

Post by sunknife »

I've been checking the M&G store daily looking for the release of the ebony version. Checked in a hour or so ago and only saw appaloosa and jigged bone versions up. I started to think that maybe the ebony sold out in minutes before I got online, as sometimes can be the case with these knives. Waited for about 3 more long minutes and the ebony ones popped up. ::ds:: Promptly place my order, can't wait to have it in hand. :D
Greg
Tsar Bomba

Post by Tsar Bomba »

kootenay joe wrote:No mammoth. I was dreaming. Is the picture the exact knife you are getting ? Or is it to show what Appaloosa looks like and yours will be similar ? I think it is the latter.
Yep, that is the stock Appy photo from the M&G knife listing on their site. GEC often hits it out of the park with Appy dye jobs and part of the fun is seeing what pattern you end up with, like that 56 Appy you furnished to me some time back. I recall you weren't thrilled with it but it was a delightful match for some of my Appy knives.

Can't wait to see this M&G.
JohnR wrote:Picked up all 3, really looking forward to these.
Between the AAPK knife and the new Lionsteel Warhorse I had to be judicious this week. I may dive back in for an ebony if they stick around long enough but after I lost out on the big hunter I resigned myself to an incomplete collection of the resurgent M&G line... ::facepalm:: Appy bone was far and away priority #1 and I applaud Ken and Roger for choosing it. ::ds::
Tony
ImageImageImageImage
Everything's better with a Barlow
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Good dense black ebony is such a traditional handle material and it stands up perhaps the best of all traditional handle types.
And it makes a knife look 'classy', elegant under statement. I bought an Appaloosa (which has already been shipped ! ::super_happy:: , but the ebony Texas Ranger won't stop talking to me !
kj
JohnR
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by JohnR »

Received my Maher&Grosh Texas Rangers, gorgeous knives!
Attachments
IMG_0696.jpg
IMG_0698.jpg
IMG_0703.jpg
IMG_0706.jpg
FRJ

Post by FRJ »

Very nice knives, John, and great pictures. ::tu:: ::tu::
Joe
JohnR
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by JohnR »

FRJ wrote:Very nice knives, John, and great pictures. ::tu:: ::tu::

Thank you Joe!
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Me Too. Thank you for these pictures. Very neat to see all 3 in one picture.
How is the fit & finish ? and blade action ?
I did read a report on the GEC Tidioute version and the poster thought the fit & finish was the best yet, which must be perfect. Likely this same very high standard is carried over into this M&G version.
Do you have a favorite of the 3 ?
kj
JohnR
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by JohnR »

kootenay joe wrote:Me Too. Thank you for these pictures. Very neat to see all 3 in one picture.
How is the fit & finish ? and blade action ?
I did read a report on the GEC Tidioute version and the poster thought the fit & finish was the best yet, which must be perfect. Likely this same very high standard is carried over into this M&G version.
Do you have a favorite of the 3 ?
kj
Thanks Roland, the action is very good, I would say the main's are better than the 2 other 29's I have received so far and the 2 other blades are excellent.
Fit and finish is top notch, only issue on any of the knives is the coping blade on the jigged bone has an uneven sharpening done to it that I could easily correct if I carry it.
My favorite is probably the Appaloosa with the ebony a close second.
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Thanks John. I have an Appaloosa coming so it will be my favorite as well.
kj
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

I picked up my three at the Central Kentucky Knife Show yesterday. Man are these some nice knives ! Adding these three along with the new AAPK knife this week has been an extravaganza in knifin' for me. ::groove::
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
sunknife

Post by sunknife »

JohnR wrote:Received my Maher&Grosh Texas Rangers, gorgeous knives!
Very nice knives and pics John. If I could be sure I'd get one in appaloosa bone that looked just like yours I'd be sorely tempted to spend more than I should at this time and order one up. ::tu::
philco wrote:I picked up my three at the Central Kentucky Knife Show yesterday. Man are these some nice knives ! Adding these three along with the new AAPK knife this week has been an extravaganza in knifin' for me. ::groove::
Congrats to you as well for getting all three Phil, bet your'e happy you got to that knife show. ::tu::

I got home from a weekend camping excursion to find my Ebony M&G in the mail. Very nicely put together all around, quite pleased with it.
Attachments
M&G Texas Ranger Ebony - 1.jpg
Greg
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

What a solid looking knife and with 3 blades close to full size it will last a full lifetime of daily use. It seems unfair to not use these knives.
kj
Tsar Bomba

Post by Tsar Bomba »

kootenay joe wrote:What a solid looking knife and with 3 blades close to full size it will last a full lifetime of daily use. It seems unfair to not use these knives.
Fighting an internal war ever since my Appy version arrived over buying another Appy model for this very reason... ::paranoid::

It is a beautiful knife and eminently usable. Feels just right in hand. I have an Osage orange version of the Tidioute (punch instead of spey blade) coming and that should help me decide which to put in the carry rotation.
sunknife

Post by sunknife »

kootenay joe wrote:What a solid looking knife and with 3 blades close to full size it will last a full lifetime of daily use. It seems unfair to not use these knives.
kj
I carried mine for the remainder of the day in the pocket sheath but then put it away. Some I decide to use right away and others
I just take out and appreciate for awhile and then they eventually become users. I think your'e right though kj, it just looks like one that needs to be carried and used. :)
Tsar Bomba wrote: Fighting an internal war ever since my Appy version arrived over buying another Appy model for this very reason... ::paranoid::

It is a beautiful knife and eminently usable. Feels just right in hand. I have an Osage orange version of the Tidioute (punch instead of spey blade) coming and that should help me decide which to put in the carry rotation.
Like you I also have the osage version with punch coming TB. I've already made up my mind to make an user out of it, love that punch blade. :)
Greg
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

I just opened up the package with my M&G "Texas $2 Ranger" knife and i am so pleased i need to post right away and will get pictures up as soon as i can. The Appalousa bone on this knife is the most attractive i have seen and it suits this pattern perfectly. The fit, finish, blade action and grinds and edges all are so well done there is nowhere even a slight hint of an 'issue'. All is happiness and joy for the knife lover. This is a very fine knife. My sincere Thanks to the M&G gents for bringing about this knife. I could not be more pleased.
kj
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

double post
kj
Chase
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Chase »

Just received my 3 knives in the mail today....These are mighty fine knives. Once again Roger and Ken hit it outta the park.

Thank you gentlemen!

Tom
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

I am so impressed with the two that I bought. I would put these up there with the Waynorth knives. If that is what you we’re trying to achieve, well done.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan

Return to “Maher and Grosh”