sheath questions

This forum is for discussing and sharing pictures of anything that relates to fixed blade knives.
semroc

sheath questions

Post by semroc »

Hello all. I found this knife buried in the dirt in our horse pasture about three years ago. It says SRK, cold steel, made in USA. It was in bad shape. I cleaned it up a bit. Now looking for a sheath. Any recommendations? The blade is six inches long, one and a half inches wide. Don't know much about sheaths. Thank you. Much appreciated.
0927191128b.jpg
It's important not to think too much about what you do. Lee Marvin
knife7knut

Re: sheath questions

Post by knife7knut »

I believe the company is still in business.You might want to contact them about a sheath.
Adventure BEFORE Dementia!
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

What surprises me is that I think that's the SK-5 version, and not a bit of rust. I had a beater Old Timer my Granddad lost about a month ago, and he found it in the flower bed last week. It was rusted up bad. Not a big deal, as the knife showed signs of already having been a knife that was lost and exposed to the elements (it actually wasn't much more rusty when I got it and cleaned it up).

The Cold Steel factory sheath is Kydex or some other sort of plastic with a nylon belt loop. I'd personally have a leather sheath made if it were my knife, but that's just my personal preference.
semroc

Post by semroc »

Thanks y'all. Ya there's not really any rust on it. It works well. I do want to get a leather sheath. But thanks for the heads up on looking up the company. I'm not a big ebay fan, but it looks like there's quite a few that might work there. I couldn't find any sheaths for sale on this forum. Maybe lll post a wanted topic in the appropriate thread. Thanks again.
It's important not to think too much about what you do. Lee Marvin
terryl308
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by terryl308 »

email sent about making a sheath for you.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Return to “Fixed Blade Knives”