Made in Finland

This forum is for discussing and sharing pictures of anything that relates to fixed blade knives.
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Made in Finland

Post by edge213 »

The blade is engraved with Made In Finland. I can't read what is engraved in the fuller.
Attachments
20191001_163220.jpg
20191001_162733.jpg
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
kootenay joe

Re: Made in Finland

Post by kootenay joe »

Very nice older puukko although sheath might not be the original one. Finnish language uses lots of vowels often strung together and their writing style has lots of loops. And then it is crammed into a narrow fuller grove, making it unreadable to a non-Finn. It can be name of maker: company or name of the 'Smith' who made it and sometimes the town or region where is was made.
I have many puukkos and most i cannot make out what is written in fuller.
kj
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

kootenay joe wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:00 pm Very nice older puukko although sheath might not be the original one. Finnish language uses lots of vowels often strung together and their writing style has lots of loops. And then it is crammed into a narrow fuller grove, making it unreadable to a non-Finn. It can be name of maker: company or name of the 'Smith' who made it and sometimes the town or region where is was made.
I have many puukkos and most i cannot make out what is written in fuller.
kj
I don't know if the sheath is original or not, but it has "Made in Finland" on the center of the sheath. So it probably is original.
I could not get a picture to load after 5 tries.
David
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Sheath looks like the ones that go with the Finland "Boy Scout" knife.
kj
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

kootenay joe wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:52 pm Sheath looks like the ones that go with the Finland "Boy Scout" knife.
kj
Thank you KJ. I know nothing about these.
David
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

If you search "puukko" on ebay you will see knives similar to yours and the sheaths are very tight fitting. They have a wood liner so knife literally 'snaps' securely into the sheath. Also these sheaths are 'danglers', hang from your belt.
You will also see examples of the Boy Scout knife which you can ID because the sheath will resemble yours.
You have a good knife. If properly sharpened it will edge hold almost 'forever'.
I think the Finnish puukko is the finest fixed blade knife of all time.
kj
knife7knut

Post by knife7knut »

I too have trouble reading the names inside the fuller on puukos.There is a forum on Facebook devoted to puukos and the people are very helpful there.I had several of mine read there.
Adventure BEFORE Dementia!

Return to “Fixed Blade Knives”