KNIFE FINDS OF THE DAY

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: KNIFE FINDS OF THE DAY

Post by doglegg »

LJ, that's an impressive haul! ::tu:: ::tu::
KLJ77
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by KLJ77 »

Thanks, Doglegg...

There was a collection of approximately 65 knives at this particular sale. First day of sale, so I paid their first day price, but still made out. I could have waited until today for 30% off, but I also knew the these items wouldn't have been there today. I'm really happy about getting the two Bucks, but the Case was a good pickup too, imho. If the Remington knives hadn't still been sealed, I may not have got them...depending on their condition. The had several Camillus's, two Barlow's, but with broken blades, a couple of Buck 110's that would have cleaned up well, but I have too many of them now. One was a 2 dot and would have cleaned up for a nice EDC.

If interested or just curious, here's the link to the photos of all the knives they had displayed. Scroll down about half way.

https://www.estatesales.net/VA/Virginia ... 52/2423820
LJ

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those that vote for a living."
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Wow LJ, they had a tremendous amount of knives. A lot of fixed blades and bayonets. I never seem to find those sales. You did good. ::nod:: ::nod::
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

Knice haul LJ!!!

Pickjed these at an estate sale today...
Attachments
IMG_1859.JPG
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
Old Folder
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Old Folder »

Another great find Scott ::nod::
I knew one was a Queen even before I magnified the pic. Queen's bone and stag is always beautiful.
Let me guess: You'll have a "Red" lanyard" on it before selling?
It's always important to know what you don't know.
Dan
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

Scott I never find knives at estate sales around here. Nice find! ::tu::

These are what I got in a TSA grab bag. Nothing really to write home about I guess.

_
IMG_20191205_111256.jpg
IMG_20191205_111313.jpg
IMG_20191205_111331.jpg
David R (United States Navy Retired)
Don't just count your many blessings, be the blessing others count on!
Visit my website: Woodburning Art by David https://www.wdbydavid.com/
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

David, I like the little fishing knife. I have one. ::nod:: ::tu::
KLJ77
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by KLJ77 »

Nice pickup on those two, Scott. I like the looks of the blue bone on that Queen...if that's what the color is. ::shrug:: I don't know much about Case or Queen knives, but I know, had I seen them, I would have picked them up too...just because. Never know when I might pick something up that someone might want. ::tu::
LJ

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those that vote for a living."
KLJ77
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by KLJ77 »

David, I really like that wood/metal handled one. I'm assuming the blade is a sheepsfoot.
LJ

jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

KLJ77 wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:54 pm David, I really like that wood/metal handled one. I'm assuming the blade is a sheepsfoot.
That's an Okapi out of South Africa. They're not an expensive knife but they are a good knife. Fine for EDC.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

From what I've understood, the Okapis that have wood handles are typically higher quality than those using plastic. My plastic handle Big Sable is a pretty good knife, although its edge was pretty blunt. That Okapi Biltong (a form of jerky, I think) knife should be pretty good as an EDC. Been looking at getting one myself for a while now. The generic large, micarta handle folder looks to be of pretty decent quality from the looks of it.

Got these two in the mail today.

Joker (made in Albacete, Spain) NV76 "Outdoor Pocket Knife" in carbon steel. At 4 1/2" closed, it's the largest in the series (the others being about 3.5" and 4"). Quality is very good. It is sharp out of the box, no wobble, and good snap. Some slight gaps between handle and backspring. Unsure how the rocker and back pins will hold up, since there's no head on the pins. They may slip out, eventually. If it does, I'm thinking about having stag scales made for the knife. Or horn to match the traditional Spanish patterns that this is modeled after. I will say it's worth the $15 for sure. I will be using it quite a bit.
IMG_2019-12-05_17-02-29.jpeg

Bear and Sons 232R Minuteman Muskrat. There's a bunch of problems, though at least this one is safe to use. The main blade feels loose past 90 degrees of the opening arc (which Bear supposedly intentionally does to make them "easier to open"). Main blade wobbles a slight bit. Main blade is slightly proud. Main blade is missing part of tang stamp. Pen blade is slightly recurved.
IMG_2019-12-05_17-03-53.jpeg
IMG_2019-12-05_17-04-09.jpeg
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

Old Folder wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:19 pm Another great find Scott ::nod::
I knew one was a Queen even before I magnified the pic. Queen's bone and stag is always beautiful.
Let me guess: You'll have a "Red" lanyard" on it before selling?

LOL.....good diea. Probably knot though!!

Extra letters are silent!
SCOTT

richard

Post by richard »

a very old man i know. gave me his very old knife collection.
there are 10 joseph rodgers horn handled.no 6 norfolk st. ,southern richardson early bone nest brand. hudson germany,and assorted army knives.
they are in rough condition. but i will restore what i can.and give him back a couple that restore well.
Attachments
003.JPG
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Richard, It sure looks like there are some very old knives and that you are in for some enjoyable hours of cleaning and discovering what you have. It was a nice gift. ____Dave
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

richard wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:43 am a very old man i know. gave me his very old knife collection.
there are 10 joseph rodgers horn handled.no 6 norfolk st. ,southern richardson early bone nest brand. hudson germany,and assorted army knives.
they are in rough condition. but i will restore what i can.and give him back a couple that restore well.

Very cool!! ::tu::
SCOTT

bighomer

Post by bighomer »

::tu:: ::tu::
Corso

Post by Corso »

richard wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:43 am a very old man i know. gave me his very old knife collection.
I'd love to see move of those Rodgers knives
KLJ77
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by KLJ77 »

That was really nice of your friend to gift you with those knives, Scott. Shows a lot of respect from him to you...he must know what you can do with them. That pink handled bottle opener is a keeper. :lol:

Would like to eventually see how some of them turn out, once you've cleaned them up.
LJ

Berryb

Post by Berryb »

Nice pile, should keep you occupied for a while. Is that one with the ruler on it, dead center of the upper box a knife? either way I'd like a closer look. Thanks for showing them.
Bruce
richard

Post by richard »

here are some of the rodgers, and the bone southern ricarhardson they need alot of tlc.
Attachments
001.JPG
006.JPG
012.JPG
richard

Post by richard »

Berryb wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:07 pm Nice pile, should keep you occupied for a while. Is that one with the ruler on it, dead center of the upper box a knife? either way I'd like a closer look. Thanks for showing them.
Bruce
yes its a 2 blade knife ruler. stamped harrison bros. sheffield. cutlers to his majesty
Attachments
002.JPG
003.JPG
richard

Post by richard »

here is a whittler was in the pile. i cleaned it up today.has a near full main blade. must have been rusted shut for years. stamped lang & co. soligen. german ?
Attachments
004.JPG
richard

Post by richard »

timber handle hudson knife co. germany. these old knives have had done alot of cutting.
still got alot to go through yet.
Attachments
005.JPG
Corso

Post by Corso »

richard wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:35 am here are some of the rodgers, and the bone southern ricarhardson they need alot of tlc.
That top one ticks all my boxes
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Mine too, I always enjoy the practical novel. ::nod:: ::nod::

Return to “General Knife Discussion”