KNIFE FINDS OF THE DAY

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
KLJ77
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: KNIFE FINDS OF THE DAY

Post by KLJ77 »

Picked these two up yesterday. To my knowledge, nothing fantastic about them, I just liked their looks and they're in very nice shape. Neither one has been used; however, the Normark has some light scratches on it. The handle looks to be black phenolic on the Normark, and the Forester 'looks' like bone. I found one other identical Normark fillet knife like mine on ebay, and the seller stated it was 30 years old, but didn't provide any substantiating info to back that up.

I don't know a lick about these knives or who actually made them. The word "Forester" on the small hunting knife I am assuming is a title given to the knife for those who work in Wildlife Management or forestry. ::shrug:: It has no other markings. It's in great condition and doesn't appear to have ever been used. The sheath is pretty flimsy, but I believe it's original to the knife.

If anyone has any information on these two...I would appreciate your knowledge base and would like to learn a bit more about them. The only info I came across regarding the Normark knife was about a maker of lures, Laural Rappala long ago and eventually had a contract with Martiini to make fillet knives. And then, Rappala eventually contracted with two other individuals who started the company named "Normark." That's all I could find.

Edit: It finally hit me to conduct a search here for the Normark and Forester. Duh! ::dang:: Nothing came up on the Forester, but Sanders Knives sold a Normark like mine. It was titled the "Black Medallion" For what they sold it for, I'm a happy camper for what I paid for mine. ::groove::
Attachments
DSCF1993.jpg
DSCF1995.jpg
DSCF1996.jpg
DSCF1998.jpg
DSCF2001.jpg
DSCF2002.jpg
DSCF2004.jpg
DSCF2005.jpg
DSCF2010.jpg
LJ

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those that vote for a living."
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

Very difficult to get people to part with their stuff under the glass case.....
Possibly my worst trip to date....
Attachments
IMG_2006.JPG
IMG_2008.JPG
IMG_2007.JPG
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
KLJ77
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by KLJ77 »

Nice group there, Scott. ::tu:: I've never seen a knife, fork & spoon set like that. It's pretty unique...and comes w/a case. The fisherman pliers are different too...for me anyway. Some nice looking knives to hopefully get some decent cleaning on and spruce up a bit.
LJ

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those that vote for a living."
zoogirl

Post by zoogirl »

I finally have something to post!
The old Premium Stock and the big silver gents were actually bought from a member of my club. I just figured I’d better give the stock a place in my ‘Zoogirl’s Retirement Case For Old Bones’. ::shrug:: I do like my HOK’s.
The Richards, Imperial, little Winnipeg Canada souvineer and the gold gents all come from Saturday’s swapmeet. I also scored the full pack of PAL blades and Richards scissors. ::ds::
According to the bail, the gold gents on the chain is actually gold filled. The name might be Anson, on the bail as well.
Can anyone ID the bugle logo on the big knife? It has me stumped.
Oh, yes, I know the Imperial is short a bland. I’ve been wanting one of the gold and blacks, and for five bucks, it’ll do as a place holder. ::tu::
14B08D4D-5744-47D4-8D4D-E07935BABE54.jpeg
E4059763-CA47-4CC9-922A-568DBA3E62C2.jpeg
The 1920 penny is for the granddaughter on the way. I have 1908 and 1912 for the other two and need to get a 1915 for my son’s stepson. I just thought it would be cool to have something 100 years old when they were born.
I’m too young to be this old!
“Hey Ann, gotchyer knife?!”
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

zoogirl wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:43 pm The 1920 penny is for the granddaughter on the way. I have 1908 and 1912 for the other two and need to get a 1915 for my son’s stepson. I just thought it would be cool to have something 100 years old when they were born.
Congratulations. Are you excited? Is this the first grandchild? What's the due date?
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
zoogirl

Post by zoogirl »

Yep, pretty happy!
No, there are two ahead of her, now 11 and 7. Plus, there’s my younger son’s little stepson, who’s 4 and looking forward to having a little sister. Well, so far...
I’m too young to be this old!
“Hey Ann, gotchyer knife?!”
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

KLJ77 wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:27 pm Nice group there, Scott. ::tu:: I've never seen a knife, fork & spoon set like that. It's pretty unique...and comes w/a case. The fisherman pliers are different too...for me anyway. Some nice looking knives to hopefully get some decent cleaning on and spruce up a bit.
It's an Imperial USA Boy Scout Camp Hobo Set....the really cool thing is the button has the BSA eagle on it. Very cool.
Everything's for sale.... ::tu::
SCOTT

treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

This is my feeble little pile from our adventure at the flea market:
009.JPG
Todays finds were across the spectrum of knives. I rooted through several piles and rescued several, felt sorry for them, a couple I don't even know their names. There is not enough tang stamp for me to identify the old 3 3/4" equal end.
1st there was a table with a box of tools marked 25 cents each or 5 for $1. Lots of junk but digging deep I came up with 4- 1/2" drive Craftsman sockets and 1/2 inch SK combination wrench.
Then I found another box full of all sorts of Zombie Killers and Chinese wannabe tacticals. Rooting through it, hiding down in the bottom was Gerber 650, Portland Oregon USA, some sort of stain on the blade, looks like a factory edge still in place.
There is a Ranger, a Cattaragus 212466, a well used Boker USA Muskrat(both blades are equally worn out :) ) unknown equal end, a well worn Camillus with a beautiful shield, an unsharpened Hammer Brand vertical USA, and 2 small Old Timer USA Schrades with full blades, just plumb nasty. Need a bath! Oh yeah there was a nice little whet rock that was thrown in on one of the transactions. Last is the Scout knife that didn't make the family photo, it is pretty raggedy but has beautiful bone. The main blade was surely a spear point with a long pull and there is evidence of a swedge, the punch/awl is pertect as is the cap lifter/screwdriver. Sadly there is only the tang of the can opener. :( We couldn't make out the tang on what's left of the spear, all the letters I could see were in a circle. The owner said it has to be a Remington and I could see enough to feel confident it wasn't. When I got it home I opened the cap lifter and there was a tang stamp in perfect condition, CRUCIBAL KNIFE CO
This one missed the flea market photo op, it was hiding in my pocket along with my Case and car keys.
This one missed the flea market photo op, it was hiding in my pocket along with my Case and car keys.
Crucibal Knife Co tang stamp
Crucibal Knife Co tang stamp
I had a good time and the highlight of the morning was to meet and shake hands with Scott (TripleF) our cyber buddy here on the forum. ::tu::
Treefarmer
Edit: I'm leanin' real heavy toward that old equal end being a Lander,Frary & Clark. What y'all think? ::hmm::

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Sounds like you and Scott had a good time and both found some pretty nice interesting stuff and didn't have to arm wrestle each other for any of it. It's nice to see you two playing well together, although from the picture Scott posted, it appears he was staying a step ahead of you.____Dave
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

treefarmer wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:49 am This is my feeble little pile from our adventure at the flea market:009.JPG
Todays finds were across the spectrum of knives. I rooted through several piles and rescued several, felt sorry for them, a couple I don't even know their names. There is not enough tang stamp for me to identify the old 3 3/4" equal end.
1st there was a table with a box of tools marked 25 cents each or 5 for $1. Lots of junk but digging deep I came up with 4- 1/2" drive Craftsman sockets and 1/2 inch SK combination wrench.
Then I found another box full of all sorts of Zombie Killers and Chinese wannabe tacticals. Rooting through it, hiding down in the bottom was Gerber 650, Portland Oregon USA, some sort of stain on the blade, looks like a factory edge still in place.
There is a Ranger, a Cattaragus 212466, a well used Boker USA Muskrat(both blades are equally worn out :) ) unknown equal end, a well worn Camillus with a beautiful shield, an unsharpened Hammer Brand vertical USA, and 2 small Old Timer USA Schrades with full blades, just plumb nasty. Need a bath! Oh yeah there was a nice little whet rock that was thrown in on one of the transactions. Last is the Scout knife that didn't make the family photo, it is pretty raggedy but has beautiful bone. The main blade was surely a spear point with a long pull and there is evidence of a swedge, the punch/awl is pertect as is the cap lifter/screwdriver. Sadly there is only the tang of the can opener. :( We couldn't make out the tang on what's left of the spear, all the letters I could see were in a circle. The owner said it has to be a Remington and I could see enough to feel confident it wasn't. When I got it home I opened the cap lifter and there was a tang stamp in perfect condition, CRUCIBAL KNIFE CO015.JPG012.JPG
I had a good time and the highlight of the morning was to meet and shake hands with Scott (TripleF) our cyber buddy here on the forum. ::tu::
Treefarmer
Edit: I'm leanin' real heavy toward that old equal end being a Lander,Frary & Clark. What y'all think? ::hmm::
Looks to me like a very successful day for both of you. Hope you had enjoyed it.
David R (United States Navy Retired)
Don't just count your many blessings, be the blessing others count on!
Visit my website: Woodburning Art by David https://www.wdbydavid.com/
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Nice haul tf !!! I like the Scout knife!!! ::tu::
John :D
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Some great finds. And Ann, great anticipation. ::nod:: ::nod::
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Finds from my last gun show. The Stag premium stockman is a Sta Sharp SR&CO (Sears Roebuck and Co.) No. 7066 with full blades and awesome stag made in the 1930's. The celluloid AGOUTI is a French ratchet lock which I know nothing about except it's pattern name I can't pronounce and was only $20. The Case XX USA was in a $3 pile and in pretty nice condition with some blade loss but otherwise good, and the buckle I just thought was cool. ____Dave
Attachments
DSC00817.JPG
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

djknife13 wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:54 pm The celluloid AGOUTI is a French ratchet lock which I know nothing about except it's pattern name I can't pronounce and was only $20. ____Dave
Dave are you sure that's celluloid? That looks very much like an Okapi. Originally made in Germany for the South African trade and now made in South Africa. "Okapi knives in Africa are made of resin impregnated wood (usually cherry) and the blades are made of 1055 carbon steel."

These are mine.
Attachments
DSC02854.JPG
DSC09589.JPG
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

jerryd6818 wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:26 pm
djknife13 wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:54 pm The celluloid AGOUTI is a French ratchet lock which I know nothing about except it's pattern name I can't pronounce and was only $20. ____Dave
Dave are you sure that's celluloid? That looks very much like an Okapi. Originally made in Germany for the South African trade and now made in South Africa. "Okapi knives in Africa are made of resin impregnated wood (usually cherry) and the blades are made of 1055 carbon steel."

These are mine.
The material is transparent like the old combs and hair brushes and it says "Made in France". According to my computer searches, it is France's second most identifiable knife style after Opinels.____Dave
Attachments
DSC00818.JPG
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

Knice haul Dave!!

Buying by the pound and othjers!!
Attachments
IMG_2216.JPG
IMG_2217.JPG
IMG_2220.JPG
SCOTT

bighomer

Post by bighomer »

WOW Scott what a haul. ::tu::
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

I knew it, I knew it. When Scott said he was going out this morning I knew what he was going to come back with. Way to go buddy! ::tu:: ::clapping::
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

17 lbs of knives!!! You may have to borrow Santa's sack to get those home. That 2nd bunch looks good too. ::tu::
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

I have got to go to Florida, because I'm not making any hauls like that here in North Texas!!
TPK

Post by TPK »

djknife13 wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:54 pm Finds from my last gun show. The Stag premium stockman is a Sta Sharp SR&CO (Sears Roebuck and Co.) No. 7066 with full blades and awesome stag made in the 1930's. The celluloid AGOUTI is a French ratchet lock which I know nothing about except it's pattern name I can't pronounce and was only $20. The Case XX USA was in a $3 pile and in pretty nice condition with some blade loss but otherwise good, and the buckle I just thought was cool. ____Dave
Very nice finds! ::tu:: The SR&CO is a real beauty! And that little Case is cool as well. Congrats! ::super_happy::
TOM - KGFG - (Knife-Guy-From-Germany)

I believe..., every knife is a soul, looking for a soulmate. :wink:

Weebit-Nano https://www.weebit-nano.com/
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weebit_Nano

US - ARMY - COMBAT - ENGINEERS - 1990 - 1993 - God Bless Our Troops!
TPK

Post by TPK »

Good deal Scott! I see there were some really nice knives in that pile! It's like Christmas a week early! ::tu:: ::super_happy::
TOM - KGFG - (Knife-Guy-From-Germany)

I believe..., every knife is a soul, looking for a soulmate. :wink:

Weebit-Nano https://www.weebit-nano.com/
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weebit_Nano

US - ARMY - COMBAT - ENGINEERS - 1990 - 1993 - God Bless Our Troops!
New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Location: I'm On The Far Right On The Left Coast In Commiefornia

Post by New_Windsor_NY »

I'm sure you could do better. :D
Kid: "Wish we had time to bury them fellas."
Josey Wales: "To hell with them fellas. Buzzards got to eat, same as worms."
Clint Eastwood-The Outlaw Josey Wales

Skip
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

keep in mind that 17lb pile.......none of us would use....or collect
SCOTT

Reverand
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Reverand »

I caught these three in an out-of-town Antique store.
I have been wanting a Ranger and a Richards for a while, but they often go for more than I am willing to pay. Today I got these for $5 each, and the broken Old Timer for $2.50
Thanks to some of you posting "a good place to get shields", I have quite a few Schrade blades, so I am going to have fun with it, if I can ever get time in the shop.
I may or may not remove the fish blade on the Richards, I haven't decided yet.
Attachments
5B8D6357-CA27-4AE2-84EA-E33E59A3ED11.jpeg
Jesus is life.
Everything else is just a hobby.

~Reverand

Return to “General Knife Discussion”